It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Measurement of Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The internal consciousness of our identities, is the essence of our totality beyond the material makeup.

Imagine ourselves like Russian dolls.

Our immediate personalities and all we believe about ourselves are the outter most shell, which is experiencing that which it's receptive too (via 5 senses) around it.
This is our immediate lives; what we see, hear, smell, taste and touch. Everything that is outside the vessel consciousness uses to experience.

Within the outter most shell is another shell, this is our mental self; the part of the us that thinks and wonders, analayzes, judges, imagines and goes into depth of thought. This shell is the bridge of the external worlds and internal worlds.

At will, is able to "snap" back into the outter shell or physical body to experience the outter reality. Or, venture deeper into itself.

Within the mind self is a deeper part of ourselves, which most of modern (womb)man has lost connection to.
This is where we dream, where we travel internal realities via conscious-projection, some call it the astral or ethereal etc...
This is another part of ourselves, as real as the outter and 2ND layer of our shells or identities.

The conscious-self experiences these inner worlds/realities as it does the outter most world/reality.

There is a deeper level to this 3rd shell, small pockets of our collective species (human being) have conscious "control" of this part of ourselves/shell.
One in this state of being can control their dream body, and project their consciousness, using limitless creativity to experience their unique essence nearly at will if not completely.

To make this clear; one who lives in the outter and 2nd shell (physical and mental) usually do not have control or creativity within their dreams or meditations.
They do not meditate or project their consciousness within their inner realms of self, at will.
There is a disconnect from being too externalized (too focused on the outter reality).

Those of our species who spend as much "time" (which is only relevant to the outter shell experiencing the external creation) in the 3rd and 4th shell (dream , astral, ethereal..), have much or all control of their dreams and creative meditations.

These types are able to create entire scenes, scenarios, cities, images, even worlds...within themselves, and experience it as they project their consciousness through their internal creations.
They are connected to self from being internalized (focused and balanced on the internal realities).

With this metaphor, one can come to understand the "spiritual" people, the ancient scriptures, the practitioners, where alot of the new agey stuff comes from etc..

There are deeper shells to ourselves as "spiritual beings having a human experience", places I myself have not reached but live to attain in this brief vessel.

Personally I've spent a portion of my current identity in and out of the first 3 shells, and have had glimpses and connections to deeper levels of self.

One can now relate to understand past lives and reincarnation. As the identity within the outter and 2nd shell, is a fraction of the totality of one's true essence and self.

Without the human body, the conscious-identity, the "spiritual essence that experiences", transcends the outter-physical reality by being returned to the internal realm of itself.

It may choose to endure another outter shell, or it may "bounce" back into the outter reality because it has disconnected (externalized) itself from its totality and does not have the energy (internal power) at that current moment to reunion with its whole being or Soul/God.

Hence "all is self",

Thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I'm 5'10"

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I'm 5'10"

In 3 minutes you found my thread, read it (probably skimmed through), and all you came up with is that 1 liner.

You forgot your period Phage, how silly of you.
edit on 23-9-2016 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I read it. Really I did..

(^There's the period I missed previously.)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
The internal consciousness of our identities, is the essence of our totality beyond the material makeup.

I would agree with that statement.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Have you considered that thought itself and the soul is made of something.
and that nothing is something.
Say like dark matter/energy ... we can see it's influence but do not know what it is made of.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Elementalist my friend thank you for sharing your wisdom with us!

It was quite thought provoking. It is funny how infinite our consciousness is.

Within your descriptions, I would be in the outer and second layer, with a strong connection with my intuition. I have not yet developed the gifts of lucid dreaming or astral projection, but am quite fluent in the empathic world of feeling.

An infinite world of lessons for us to learn and teach in... love being an aspect of creator's mind!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
But upon looking we are body through and through. Just as one imagines cities and worlds, he imagines selves.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Your words are appreciated as always brother.

The OP is a mere metaphor, the existence of these layers must be experienced to be fully understood and expanded into the deeper levels of ourselves.

From childhood to early teen life, I spent the majority in the outter and second shells. A large portion of myself lives in the second shell; philosophical perception of the universe, of ourselves, which and what we are beyond material.

In my teenage years, this bridge expanded and I crossed into the inner realms of self. Something I never knew existed or believed, but flirted with philosophies of it.
Lucid dreaming. Remote viewing. Gaining control and creativity of my dreams. Putting myself in deep meditation and projecting my consciousness through the inner spaces (astral travel).

There is much potential with an individual consciousness when one looks to expand it within these shells or layers of their self.

Monks, shamans, priests.. practitioners of all inner workings from all sorts of disciplines, don't do what they do for redundancy.
That is a false perception from seeing only the outter shell and lacking knowledge and wisdom of their inner shells (externalized vs internalized).

Most reach to attain certain levels and states within themselves, knowing the outter shell is temporary. The brief experience we call life, the outter reality is a fraction of totality.

For instance, the big bang (using this loosely here) would have no other reason to happen or exist, if not for consciousness to experience what came after, by being embedded in vessels that are miraculously designed to have (5)senses for that consciousness to experience.

Using LesMisanthrope's wisdom, just as one imagines cities and world's to live in, so does totality imagine the universe to live in.

Thanks again elementalgrove,

Also thanks to Phage and LesMisanthrope, two members I truely respect, for reading and commenting even if briefly.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
But upon looking we are body through and through. Just as one imagines cities and worlds, he imagines selves.

Take that imagination. Continue to use the creative force in yourself, build a city that is unique to you, that you wish to experience.

As you live in the outter shell, hold that city you have built within your 2nd and 3rd shell, add to it, continue to shape it and create new things within it.

Then, when your masterpiece is fulfilled, project your consciousness to experience that city you created, as you would experience someone else's blueprint in the outter shell.

See how that works?

There are factions of the outter shell, who collectivly shape the outter reality how they wish using other identities to construct it for them as they lay down their blueprint they made in their 2nd and 3rd shell.

In today's outter world, most identities are dependent on someone else's blueprint (society), and thus have no real power of their own.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

When our thoughts for this Earthly life run out
Our bodies will return to dust from where they came.
Thoughts activate the body ... yet what creates thoughts ... we can examine brain activity
But that only shows the effect of thought
What the cause of our thoughts is is still a mystery as is the prime cause of life existig at all

Your thoughts Les?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

But imagination itself is not material, you cannot touch it or weigh it. Yes, thoughts emerge from the physical processes within the brain but the effect is not the same as the cause. A thought is a mental image that pops into our experiences from seemingly nowhere, nowhere that we can see at least, nor can anyone else see that mental image that pops into your experience.

The mental image is the effect, the brain processes are the cause. A baseball is not the bat that caused it to go over the fence.

Great thread OP, I agree with all you've said.

S&F

edit on 9/23/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But imagination itself is not material, you cannot touch it or weigh it. Yes, thoughts emerge from the physical processes within the brain but the effect is not the same as the cause. A thought is a mental image that pops into our experiences from seemingly nowhere, nowhere that we can see at least, nor can anyone else see that mental image that pops into your experience.

The mental image is the effect, the brain processes are the cause. A baseball is not the bat that caused it to go over the fence.

The words "imagination", "thoughts", "mental images", and others, are reifications. You cannot watch what really occurs in your own head and elsewhere, that you choose words signifying imaginary things with imaginary properties to fill in the blanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

All of those words are real, I am not reificating anything. Abstractions are real because otherwise you wouldn't have the ability to have abstract thoughts. The abstract is what you are missing Les, you are not seeing the abstract for what it is which is the immaterial part of yourself.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes we have the ability to think, just like we have the ability to walk. I'm not denying that. I'm saying that "a walk" is an action, while the noun-phrase "a walk", though grammatically a person, place or thing, is nothing of the sort. The only thing that exists as a "walk" is a person walking. The same is with "thought" or "imagination". The only thing that exists in both those cases is a person thinking, while "thought" and "imagination" are mere abstractions of the reality. They're not things or substances, immaterial or otherwise; they're words.

Language is still the greatest superstition. As Nietzsche wrote: " I am afraid we are not rid of God because we still have faith in grammar."

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Tag teaming trolls missing periods? Now that's a curiosity yeah I guess the cramps were too much from missing it last month too. Enjoy that troll baby. But lemme suggest naming it Zork so it won't eat itself when it learns autocannabilism is not the answer it was and always will be 42 no matter how many tales anyone puts on it.

btter to phish with
's

new topics

top topics

join