It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth About The Hypocrisy Of BLM Protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Month after month we watch BLM protesters walk our cities streets, loot, disrupt, and kill. 

When did BLM say its okay to do this? They have said a lot of crazy stuff and they do disrupt, goodness they disrupt, but where did they say killing and looting is okay?

Maybe you missed it but a few months back the video clearly shows their ideology. But I guess these aren't BLM supporters though right?

BLM Dead Cops

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Month after month we watch BLM protesters walk our cities streets, loot, disrupt, and kill. 

When did BLM say its okay to do this? They have said a lot of crazy stuff and they do disrupt, goodness they disrupt, but where did they say killing and looting is okay?

I find this kind of post mind-boggling considering there is tons of news out there about their leaders calling for violence and their supporters calling for violence. There are videos of them chanting things like pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon, and the BLM really were five cops were killed the supporters were calling for violence against cops. How can you support a group you clearly know nothing about?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Woops
edit on 23-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

We elected a black President Twice!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither you, the OP or most of the people agreeing with you are among the "we."

Don't give me this BS about equal rights. Not one of those dirtbags destroying their cities and neighborhoods was ever oppressed, enslaved or lacked equal rights.

While I'm not a big fan of BLM because I think their activism is in practical terms, counterproductive, you should be careful about this whole "not one those dirtbags" bit considering that equal rights under the law were only established about 50 years ago. So yes, while they may be a small part of the protests, your statement is demonstrably and objectively false.

But I get it. You're very frustrated. In your mind at some indeterminate point in history (but certainly before any of "these dirtbags" were born) black people were magically catapulted from the bottom rungs of society to equal standing and therefore have no problems to complain about. Is that about right?

The standard "get over it" position.

Except people don't actually become equal members of society overnight at the stroke of a pen do they? Not anymore than all those people that fought against them having those equal legal rights simply abandoned their opinions on the matter because the law changed.

While MANY people's minds have changed and more importantly, younger people have been raised in a time when overt racism was no longer socially acceptable, that has very little to do with the reality of trying to catch up from a substantial wealth and education gap at point coinciding with the very deindustrialization that is now putting the squeeze on the predominately white middle class.

In other words, there hasn't been enough time and it's much harder to go from poor to middle class at a time when the middle class is shrinking.

Does that make sense to you?

You can post all the statistics you want — I won't even bother to fact check — because despite the ostensible focus on protesting the deaths of black people in encounters with law enforcement, these incidents are really just the sparks that set off a powder keg of legitimate frustration over the state of affairs. This is a pattern that has repeated throughout history with poor people who feel that "the system" is against them. In the mid and late 19th century in America, it was usually poor Irish laborers doing the rioting. Some of those riots resulted in death tolls of a hundred or more. (I can provide details, links, etc if you require).

In the grand scheme of things, the individual deaths are not particularly important, it's what the deaths represent.

You don't have to exacerbate the problem by being a reactionary.

a reply to: sirlancelot

Well I'm glad you're the one exposing the TRUTH.

This has been thoroughly debunked
edit on 2016-9-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I find this kind of post mind-boggling considering there is tons of news out there about their leaders calling for violence and their supporters calling for violence. There are videos of them chanting things like pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon, and the BLM really were five cops were killed the supporters were calling for violence against cops. How can you support a group you clearly know nothing about?

You should also admit to yourself that like many of these people participating in protests (the protests do in fact outnumber the riots exponentially) have distortions in their perceptions of the magnitude of the problem of police murdering unarmed black folks, you have similar distortions in your own perceptions.

How many times have you personally typed "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon?" How frequently have you read it? How many videos of people chanting have you actually seen? How many people were in the videos doing it?

Maybe I'm wasting my time. Maybe you derive some kind of perverse affirmation from being a YouTube reactionary?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Whoever said anything about supporting? I never did say I supported them so once again, where did they say looting and killing is a part of their platform?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You should also admit to yourself that like many of these people participating in protests (the protests do in fact outnumber the riots exponentially) have distortions in their perceptions of the magnitude of the problem of police murdering unarmed black folks, you have similar distortions in your own perceptions.

How many times have you personally typed "pigs in a blanket fry them like bacon?" How frequently have you read it? How many videos of people chanting have you actually seen? How many people were in the videos doing it?

Maybe I'm wasting my time. Maybe you derive some kind of perverse affirmation from being a YouTube reactionary?

I'm not going to list the chants of probably hundreds of videos, but there is plenty of material out there of BLM people acting in a racist manner, promoting racist policy or chanting/calling for violence.

In regards to perceptions, mine are based on hard data and statistics. So, It's not about distortions or my feelings.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: watchitburn

We elected a black President Twice!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that neither you, the OP or most of the people agreeing with you are among the "we."

Don't give me this BS about equal rights. Not one of those dirtbags destroying their cities and neighborhoods was ever oppressed, enslaved or lacked equal rights.

While I'm not a big fan of BLM because I think their activism is in practical terms, counterproductive, you should be careful about this whole "not one those dirtbags" bit considering that equal rights under the law were only established about 50 years ago. So yes, while they may be a small part of the protests, your statement is demonstrably and objectively false.

But I get it. You're very frustrated. In your mind at some indeterminate point in history (but certainly before any of "these dirtbags" were born) black people were magically catapulted from the bottom rungs of society to equal standing and therefore have no problems to complain about. Is that about right?

The standard "get over it" position.

Except people don't actually become equal members of society overnight at the stroke of a pen do they? Not anymore than all those people that fought against them having those equal legal rights simply abandoned their opinions on the matter because the law changed.

While MANY people's minds have changed and more importantly, younger people have been raised in a time when overt racism was no longer socially acceptable, that has very little to do with the reality of trying to catch up from a substantial wealth and education gap at point coinciding with the very deindustrialization that is now putting the squeeze on the predominately white middle class.

In other words, there hasn't been enough time and it's much harder to go from poor to middle class at a time when the middle class is shrinking.

Does that make sense to you?

You can post all the statistics you want — I won't even bother to fact check — because despite the ostensible focus on protesting the deaths of black people in encounters with law enforcement, these incidents are really just the sparks that set off a powder keg of legitimate frustration over the state of affairs. This is a pattern that has repeated throughout history with poor people who feel that "the system" is against them. In the mid and late 19th century in America, it was usually poor Irish laborers doing the rioting. Some of those riots resulted in death tolls of a hundred or more. (I can provide details, links, etc if you require).

In the grand scheme of things, the individual deaths are not particularly important, it's what the deaths represent.

You don't have to exacerbate the problem by being a reactionary.

a reply to: sirlancelot

Well I'm glad you're the one exposing the TRUTH.

This has been thoroughly debunked

Nice try! I voted for Obama the first time! 3 years into his first term I started paying more attention! I guess assuming anyone against the message and approach of BLM is also racist, right? As a white man I grew up half my childhood a minority in South Florida! (let me clarify, 2nd through 8th grade there where 20% whites and the difference was mostly black or other) Perhaps Im the exception to the norm but it is what it is!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join