It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God! How could you possibly be a homophobic?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
God...

your mind, greater than any other, would span the whole universe. You'd know of the spin of every atom and be one with every second of time from the Big Bang to the implosion of the Cosmos.

Your unbounded perspective would be above human inconsequence. What else would we be but an atom within you?

Trivial our prejudices on the boundaries of love would be from your view of things. Because, omnipotent, you'd be able to quantify the highest of feelings as a measure of light; a quantum that would radiate from Earth into space, in the form of mysterious photons. What would you see? And would you really care about who we choose to love?

And if we thought we knew you, if we thought we heard you...

what else would the Bible be but an interpretation of you? because our human minds, selfish as they are, would have heard as they pleased.

Take this visual journey on the meaning of homosexuality to God's eyes, as listened from the heart:

God! How could you possibly be a homophobic?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Here she is (that's what she thinks) , ask her, ask her why she is a war hawk too

www.youtube.com...

Seriously though, if God is real then no one knows if he/she is homophobic, no one ever saw God, its just stories. Apparently sightings of god were only between 970bc and 1020ad, all the others are liars. (last sentence is sarcasm for those who take everything sooo seriously).
edit on 22-9-2016 by beeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: thyextendedself

for the same reason an aledged " god " likes the smell of burning animals .

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You know what Islam and Christianity have in common..They both denounce sinners and self indulgence. The Baptist community is under attack for being bigots, kinda like a much simpler version of Islam. We were given these religions to remember prayers and practice. Idont know about Hindu though one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Beautifully spoken.

If you haven't walked in another's shoes how can you judge?

There are so many things I have to remove my self from judgement because because I haven't been there

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
You know what Islam and Christianity have in common..They both denounce sinners and self indulgence. The Baptist community is under attack for being bigots, kinda like a much simpler version of Islam. We were given these religions to remember prayers and practice. Idont know about Hindu though one way or the other.

Christianity does not and should not denounce anyone other than christians who are sinners

Speaking like a person who knows doesnt make you a person who knows.

As for the original OP, what makes you the person to decide whats right and wrong, why do you get to decide whats acceptable and unacceptable to God

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well, every human being on the planet is a sinner. We all have our areas where we are strong and areas where we are weak. I know I certainly do, while soaked in this skin. We all fall short of the glory and the righteousness that God intended for us.

Homosexuality is certainly a sin but no more so then theft or anger or heterosexual sex out of wedlock. Why the modern, Western, church singles it out as any more serious then their own personal sins is beyond me.

No, I certainly don't think God is homophobic because he's made statements regarding sin and sexuality in his revealed Word. I think He's God and we Humans are not. He, necessarily, would be right regarding all matters He speaks on and we, as creatures, would be subordinate. Regardless of our thoughts on matters.

He makes these statements regarding sin and it's seriousness to call us to repentance. Not for his sake or because He's lacking something, but for our sake, because we are.

edit on 23-9-2016 by TheOnlyAnswer because: sp

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Life is concept reproduction, as in the way we are all translating (conceiving) our will (spirits) as perceptions (thought-forms).

e.g.
These words are images of my conception of my will - these words are what I see in my will to reply to you.

image = body/son
conception = soul/father
will = spirit/holy ghost

Your purpose in life, all lives' purpose, is to translate the spirit in truth, and part of that, as children of God, is procreation.

The truth of the spirit (of the will for sex) is that sex is for procreation - for producing other living concepts (other souls).

Homosexuality is a perversion of sexual desire because it is not a translation in truth.

Further, procreation is sacred, thus homosexuality is an abomination.

If you follow truth (Yeshua) he will lead you to Father (conception of the Spirit).

Seek God.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
And that you extrapolate from these:

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Can you do the same with this one and tell it to a slave?

Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

“If a man lies sexually with a woman who is a slave, assigned to another man and not yet ransomed or given her freedom, a distinction shall be made. They shall not be put to death, because she was not free;

Perhaps like this:

Your purpose in life, all lives' purpose, is to translate the spirit in truth, and part of that, as children of God, is to obey the divine.

The truth of the spirit (of the power some men have to make other men slaves) is that some men were made stronger than other, to be masters.

Disobeying your masters is against the will of God, for he gave the right to those men to own you. Disobeying is not a translation in truth.

Obeying translates into truth, thus disobeying is an abomination.

If you follow truth (Yeshua) he will lead you to Father (conception of the Spirit).

Seek God. Obey your masters.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

And that you extrapolate from these:

"'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Can you do the same with this one and tell it to a slave?

Slaves are to be submissive to their own masters in everything; they are to be well-pleasing, not argumentative, not pilfering, but showing all good faith, so that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.

“If a man lies sexually with a woman who is a slave, assigned to another man and not yet ransomed or given her freedom, a distinction shall be made. They shall not be put to death, because she was not free;

Perhaps like this:

Your purpose in life, all lives' purpose, is to translate the spirit in truth, and part of that, as children of God, is to obey the divine.

The truth of the spirit (of the power some men have to make other men slaves) is that some men were made stronger than other, to be masters.

Disobeying your masters is against the will of God, for he gave the right to those men to own you. Disobeying is not a translation in truth.

Obeying translates into truth, thus disobeying is an abomination.

Seek God. Obey your masters.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
From my point of view Paul and Muhammad was homophobic. And their views/opinion changes how some people see "god".

Mutualism follows the golden rule. The logic is clear for those who want to see. There are souls who can see how an action propagate thru the whole and use logic to guide their action. They understand that there is a formula for calculating behavior that is precise even if they cannot see what part should be added to make it whole.

Mutualism is the way two organisms of different species exist in a relationship in which each individual benefits from the activity of the other. Similar interactions within a species are known as co-operation.

edit on 23-9-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

As for the original OP, what makes you the person to decide whats right and wrong, why do you get to decide whats acceptable and unacceptable to God

Who is Paul and Muhammad to tell people what is acceptable and unacceptable? The blind following the blind. False illogical un empathatic murderers who did show by their fruits that they where from a corrupted tree.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
People are homophobic. Religions are homophobic.

Who knows what God thinks, but I suggest he's above such bigotry and the bigots will pay in the end, especially those who presumed to know what he thinks about such human things.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheOnlyAnswer
Well, every human being on the planet is a sinner. We all have our areas where we are strong and areas where we are weak. I know I certainly do, while soaked in this skin. We all fall short of the glory and the righteousness that God intended for us.

Homosexuality is certainly a sin but no more so then theft or anger or heterosexual sex out of wedlock. Why the modern, Western, church singles it out as any more serious then their own personal sins is beyond me.

No, I certainly don't think God is homophobic because he's made statements regarding sin and sexuality in his revealed Word. I think He's God and we Humans are not. He, necessarily, would be right regarding all matters He speaks on and we, as creatures, would be subordinate. Regardless of our thoughts on matters.

He makes these statements regarding sin and it's seriousness to call us to repentance. Not for his sake or because He's lacking something, but for our sake, because we are.

Awww....you are one of those who think that being gay is a choice. How cute

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Yeah, wasn't that my point
Who is who to decide, if you don't want to agree don't

It's not rocket science

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheOnlyAnswer

I'm not sure the church is singling it out as much as there is push in Western culture to teach homosexuality as normal, natural and OK.

When the overall culture is such, the predominance of counter narrative would perforce be singled on why it is not.

If the culture was engaged in pushing murder as normal, natural and OK, I think you'd see churches pushing back against that because it is likewise a sin we are not to engage in even though there are many sins and all are sinners.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
People are homophobic. Religions are homophobic.

Who knows what God thinks, but I suggest he's above such bigotry and the bigots will pay in the end, especially those who presumed to know what he thinks about such human things.

So you presume to know what He thinks?

Your statement implies as much.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People need to stop referring to everything as a phobia.

Phobia means FEAR. Disagreeing with homosexuality is not FEAR. It is DISAGREEMENT.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's a good point.

I'm of the opinion that the world will always deviate from the way God intended us to live and operate, until it's made right by Him alone. I don't believe in redemption for the culture, just redemption of individuals. I think it's one thing for Christians to speak against sin(for the purpose of sharing the Gospel and Glory of Christ and a call to repentance) but another to try and secure it into law. Why aren't vocal Christians speaking out on a national level against premarital sex as being normal, natural and ok? Humans are dead in sin, dead to sin unless Christ turns the lights on. No amount of external moralizing will change someones views or convict the heart.

I think your comparison to murder is a stretch though. Murder is a sin against another person, sexual sins are a sin against yourself.(Not including sexually violent sins, of course).

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Awww....you are one of those who think that being gay is a choice. How cute

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join