It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK...Lets rub their noses in diversity!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

No, there hasn't been a surge in immigration since the EU referendum. It's been predicted, the most credible source being a parliamentary committee (headed by Keith Vaz, fwiw), but it hasn't happened (OK, "hasn't happened so far").

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85

Oh and also Cameron made the mistake of calling in Obama, Cameron thought that Obama was as loved over here as he was in the States which isn't true and then Obama, decided to try and TELL US what to do and threatened us with the whole "back of the line" comment and if there is one thing you don't do you never threaten an Englishmen (including Scots and Ireland) to get what you want because we'll naturally go the opposite way.

Except not one county in Scotland voted leave. Scotland voted unanimously to Remain in the EU...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Well boo bloody hoo.

You had you chance in 2014 to leave the UK and join your EU utopia.
But you choose to remain in the UK

And the UK as a whole voted to leave.

And dont say you didnt know there was going to be a EU referendum in 2014 because it was on the table.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No thanks. We'll be dealing with our illegal immigrant problem ourselves in about 3 1/2 months. Thanks for the offer, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Ah no, you see Andrew Neather, former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett came out with this news and it was covered by several newspapers so saying it is disinfo by the Telegraph newspaper wont cut it.

If that remark is in response to my post pointing out the Telegraph's anti-Labour stance, then I should point out that I didn't say it was disinformation. Andrew Neather really did make those remarks, and he is a credible witness. It's the way it has been presented that is the slippery bit.

Here is what Neather said a few days after the Telegraph story appeared:

"Somehow this has become distorted by excitable rightwing newspaper columnists into being a 'plot' to make Britain multicultural. There was no plot. I've worked closely with Ms Roche and Jack Straw and they are both decent, honourable people who I respect … What's more both were robust on immigration when they needed to be.

Source: www.theguardian.com...

This remark has to be true, since Britain was already multicultural, as I pointed out. Neather identifies the greater purpose of the pro-immigration stance as being to address the 'skills shortage' at the time (although as he remarks, it seems hard to imagine such a thing now).

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
And dont say you didnt know there was going to be a EU referendum in 2014 because it was on the table.

It's a bit odd you would try and put those words in my mouth, I didn't allude to anything of the sort. It's interesting to see all the things we were promised fall away and it will be more interesting to watch the Union rip itself apart over the lies our MP's have fed us.

You can say what you like but the fact is the right honourable gentleman stated that the brexit vote is what happens when you push UK folks, my point still stands, Scotland voted to stay in the EU. Not sure why you feel the need to jump on posts that mention Scottish Independence like this, it actually takes away from your other, more intelligent, less petty input. Whatever helps you sleep at night I guess...
edit on 23/9/16 by djz3ro because: I had more to so to about the Anti-Scottish rhetoric displayed by the crazyewok...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Not being funny mate but we voted in the EU referendum as one UNITED KINGDOM.

But if you want to break down into each country, then Scotland didn't 'unanimously' vote in favour of Remain as you suggested earlier. The overall percentages were 62% to Remain and 38% to Leave. That IS NOT unanimously!

Then you go on about 'all the lies the MPs sold us which will now rip up the Union'.

Firstly, come back down to Earth mate. The Union is going to survive, with or without Scotland.
Secondly, I have a brain and knew exactly what was a lie and what wasn't.
I'm sorry we have many gullible people in our country who believe everything they read/hear, but that's their problem.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join