It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the start of a fight back against the triggered students?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
heatst.com...

I just read this article about a new, national student movement that is growing rapidly in response to a general dissatisfaction with the triggered morons who are ruining university life.

Maybe there's hope for them yet?

I thought the bit about the LSE's student union debating whether to ban the free speech society particularly delicious.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Is this the start of a fight back against the triggered students?

I sure hope so! I am sick and tired of these pathetic wasters.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
yup, soon you will only be able to get true quality education online. That is sad.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I doubt this will gain any ground whatsoever. Once upon a time Universities were political hotbeds with uni's being either red or blue. In the 70's most changes came about through student protests. Now way too few students even have a political opinion let alone the will to march & protest. They are too busy wondering how they are going to pay back around £36000 once they start working

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

There is a conspiracy theory out there, government wants tuition to be sooo high. IF the kids are worried about paying it back, they will be good little sheep at school

Believe it or not....

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK
I hope this movement spreads to the U.S.

There is a new coloring book program being implemented here for SJW who are stressed out over real life.

Kayla Schierbecker ‎@Schierbecker

These are being handed out in the student union today. Mizzou's transformation into an adult daycare begins.

1:28 PM - 9 Mar 2016

In the age of safe spaces and trigger warnings comes another new trend to the college repertoire: coloring books. This fall, campuses nationwide are offering coloring books to students to help them de-stress..

TheCollegeFix

I was going to start a thread on it but didn't want to be responsible for 'triggering anybody.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

"No arts; no letters; no society; and which is worst of all, continual fear, and danger of violent death: and the life of man, solitary, poor, nasty, brutish and short." --THOMAS HOBBES

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The left is no longer the counter culture it used to be. Now it is The Man, and the sooner the kids all realize this the easier it will be to start the rebellion.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
US university students are pandered to. Plain and simple. The schools are in constant states of expansion, adding in the bells and whistles needed to attract doe eyed kids away from the bells and whistles of other schools.

Not all students react like spoiled brats. But some do. Beyond that you get intelligent young people playing with new ideas and concepts as they continue their journeys of finding out who they are, nd where they fit in in this world. We all go through similar.

So i don't hold it against them too much. Kids are supposed to be pains in the ass to older working folks. Its how you know that things are in proper order.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The left is no longer the counter culture it used to be. Now it is The Man, and the sooner the kids all realize this the easier it will be to start the rebellion.

I think that statement gets right to the heart of the matter and could also explain the rise of such things as the Alt-Right movement in general.

new topics

top topics

join