It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protests erupt after man killed in officer-involved shooting in Charlotte

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Live protester feed.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I know right?! There's more here than meets the eye... sadly.

One has to wonder exactly what it is they're deceitfully deriving.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The current count is 12 officers injured.

USA Today

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Both of the feeds are telling different stories. Fox is showing the fire and the backed up semi traffic on the highway. The feed in the OP is showing a peaceful area with a blockade of officers in a semi square.

Strange.

No there was an earlier protest the police ended up chasing them off with tear gas. They regrouped further down the highway apparently. The ops live stream stopped around 10 O clock est.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

It's in the OP

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Makes sense. It certainly wasn't up to the second live! Thanks for the insight.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Live youtube feed went down. Here is the scanner feed.

www.broadcastify.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I wasn't aware that we had somehow become any kind of role model for the rest of the world. Who thinks that? Whoever they are, they need to put the crack pipe down and step away, because that has been nowhere near the case, for a very long time. I cannot imagine anyone at this point looking to us for guidance on anything. Right now, we are the global poster child for how not to run a country. It would almost be funny if it weren't so horrifying.

I will say this; all of this election drama has accomplished one thing, if nothing else. It has shown the true colors of the people in this country like nothing I have ever witnessed in my life...and I have seen a lot of ugliness in my time on this earth.

One good look at the hundreds of daily attacks on the people, by the people for simply supporting one candidate versus another on social media and forums like these...inclusive of this very site...makes it glaringly apparent to anyone looking objectively at the situation that something is very wrong with the overall mentality in this smug, spoiled, overfed, mismanaged, entitled country.

Trailer trash is as apt a descriptor as any, I suppose. It certainly is a trashy way to behave. I can imagine the collective gasp of shock when these rage-fueled morons suddenly realize they've trashed their way straight into a police state...and it happened while they weren't even paying attention. I expect it to be cacophonous.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: JinMI
Both of the feeds are telling different stories. Fox is showing the fire and the backed up semi traffic on the highway. The feed in the OP is showing a peaceful area with a blockade of officers in a semi square.

Strange.

No there was an earlier protest the police ended up chasing them off with tear gas. They regrouped further down the highway apparently. The ops live stream stopped around 10 O clock est.

So it's a continuation of a previous incident? They ran them off and then they came back for more?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Well...I've got at least three pretty solid working theories on that, lol. Possibly a fourth. We shall see pretty soon, if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
That YT feed is just a bunch of hoodlums looking for trouble. People pleading to not incite violence in front of the the line of cops were being harassed right back by other protesters. Disgusting pigs.

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I wasn't aware that we had somehow become any kind of role model for the rest of the world. Who thinks that? Whoever they are, they need to put the crack pipe down and step away, because that has been nowhere near the case, for a very long time.

The diehard patriots/nationalists
You highlighted excellent points, all of them. Deaf ears ahead, however. BLM aside, poor education system aside, corrupt politicians aside, bad laws aside, you have throngs of diehards insisting otherwise.
edit on 9/21/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Alright, I'm out of live feed sources.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Current stream via the YTer is a different place. Nice peaceful protest just turned into looting a Walmart. So much for "peaceful" protesting.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Saw that - in the Vid I just saw the cops showed up in nick of time and cordoned off the front entrance with a police riot line -- would not want to be a person working inside that walmart tonite!
Don't know how long the video will stay up
Charlo tte Walmart facebook Video

Edit sorry - meant Facebook vid

edit on 21-9-2016 by SCGrits because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SCGrits
ok my bad - cops didn't show up in nick of time, but did show up to stop the looting
via Mark Barber wsoc tv

Charlotte police are now guarding the Walmart. Protesters smashed through several doors.

not sure if walmart was open for biz at the time --I know our local one stays open 24/7

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

All of the ones I've seen stay open all night as well. Not sure what looting a Walmart will accomplish. The protesters that did this surely aren't looking for any kind of change or justice.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Ok press sez it's the walmart on N Tryon - google maps indicates it is indeed open 24/7 all though in the videos when they were breaking in it sure looked closed to me??!! Why break windows in if the store is open??? Did walmart close up shop early cause they knew it might get ugly in the late of nite?? Remember protest has been going on since 4pm +/-

This is just southwest of UNC Charlotte --How/ or /Is this protest going to affect morning commute?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not sure what looting a Walmart will accomplish. The protesters that did this surely aren't looking for any kind of change or justice.
It's also just north of the Hidden Valley Kings territory -- makes me wonder if they saw an op & took advantage??
wiki for HVK

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Wow those protesters did a bang up job eh? Crap...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

A few surely did decide to take advantage. If there was to be any sort of healthy message, acts like these certainly obfuscate it to null.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join