It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch Chapter 8

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The Book of Enoch is an amazing book, I agree.

And it seems all too coincidental how this book had been seemingly "lost" for centuries.

Thankfully, there were other cultures who translated and preserved this very epic tome.

I can imagine these are the types of books held in high regard and safely locked away in places like the Vatican Archives and certain palatial private libraries.

Knowledge is certainly power, and I think that saying is perfectly fitting when it comes to "forbidden" ancient texts.

And even though the book of Enoch is non "cannon', it should be noted that those of Jesus's time would have known it very well and would have probably read and studied from it. That, in itself, should make the book cannon (imho).

As for the freemasonry angle, I'm sure the higher you get in the craft the more you will learn the more forbidden knowledge. Secret societies are like onions. They have multiple layers within them. Each are connected to the whole, yet separate from one another. The secrets you learn in one degree may actually negate secrets you learn in another. That's just the way it is. And it's all in the name of secrecy. Lies become necessary after a certain degree. This is done to conceal the truth and keep the power with those who have the true knowledge.

The sad thing is, though, that it's no longer about proving oneself worthy to reach a certain degree. Nowadays It's more about nepotism and who you know, who your father is, and what you're willing to do for the lodge. I mean, freemasonry is basically open to anybody, but good luck reaching a higher degree if you don't have the "qualifications'. Don't be fooled.

And it only takes a quick glance at freemasonry symbolism to see how far back the lodge goes. It is directly tied to the mystery religious schools of the ancient river valley civilizations. I wonder where they got that information from...hmm....probably from books much like the Book of Enoch.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Privy_Princess

Yes you are right.

I loved your post!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

thank you! I wish posts like these would be more prevalent around these parts. Unfortunately, we do have a large population of disinfo agents here and they will no doubt sweep in at some point and do their best to derail the thread.

But derailed threads should be a hint to you that you're on the right track :-)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The Hebrews saw Cain, son of Adam and Eve, as a man defiant to God relying on man-made things rather than divine ordinance. The Greeks saw Kain, son of Zeus and Hera, as the great pioneer of humankind when he helped forge civilization.

Both Zeus and Hera/Adam and Eve were raised in a paradise with a peculiar serpent. Both these cultures seem to be tracking the same human lineage with one main difference - The Jews saw Cain as defiant to natural order, whereas the Greeks saw Kain as a pioneer of technology. It's cool seeing two perspectives on presumably the same historical figure.

Link

originally posted by: Privy_Princess

And even though the book of Enoch is non "cannon', it should be noted that those of Jesus's time would have known it very well and would have probably read and studied from it. That, in itself, should make the book cannon (imho).

Some have argued that the book of Jude verse 14-15 quotes the book of Enoch
edit on 22-9-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Lies become necessary after a certain degree.

This isn't true in Freemasonry.

The sad thing is, though, that it's no longer about proving oneself worthy to reach a certain degree. Nowadays It's more about nepotism and who you know, who your father is, and what you're willing to do for the lodge.

This is not true either. My personal experience, it was my merit that put me into the officer line, eventually leading to becoming the Worshipful Master. I would also say that it was my merit that got me invited to the groups that I'm in. As for my dad, he's a retired small town cop and was never a Mason.

And it only takes a quick glance at freemasonry symbolism to see how far back the lodge goes.

No one knows the origins of Freemasonry.

It is directly tied to the mystery religious schools of the ancient river valley civilizations. I wonder where they got that information from...hmm....probably from books much like the Book of Enoch.

This is a theory, not a certainty.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

As for the freemasonry angle, I'm sure the higher you get in the craft the more you will learn the more forbidden knowledge.

Since you are 'sure' what hidden knowledge is revealed and how high do you need to be to receive this knowledge?

Be specific on both.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Since you are 'sure' what hidden knowledge is revealed and how high do you need to be to receive this knowledge?

Be specific on both.

Do you know of the stone that the masons rejected that became the chief cornerstone?
edit on 23-9-2016 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Do you know of the stone that the masons rejected that became the cornerstone?

You talking about Jesus? This parable has nothing to do with Masonry.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
a reply to: KSigMason

Thank you both for the replies.

Sig, I had no idea there were so many different orders(?), thanks for the insight.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

You talking about Jesus? This parable has nothing to do with Masonry.

Perhaps yes perhaps no. I thought it might be a reference that the builders (masons) were in power then, and were the ones who weren't tolerating his whole spiritual revolution. How much do you guys still practice the Torah?

This Image: Rankings in free masonry

I saw the royal arch mason is wearing the garb described in Exodus chapter 28. and the Sovereign grand inspector General is wearing something familiar but I can't remember where I read it. I know you said you were the Scottish rite so this may not be relevant to you.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Perhaps yes perhaps no. I thought it might be a reference that the builders (masons) were in power then, and were the ones who weren't tolerating his whole spiritual revolution. How much do you guys still practice the Torah?

The parable is a metaphor. We do not 'practice' the Torah or any other religious book. There is no worship in Lodge.

I saw the royal arch mason is wearing the garb described in Exodus chapter 28. and the Sovereign grand inspector General is wearing something familiar but I can't remember where I read it. I know you said you were the Scottish rite so this may not be relevant to you.

Your link is not working for me. Please post an image.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This isn't true in Freemasonry.

You haven't gotten high enough in the craft to have learned this, apparently.

This is a theory, not a certainty.

It's a widely held theory which has been supported by many for a long time. That makes it a working theory and not to be scoffed at.

edit on 23-9-2016 by Privy_Princess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well now, I really shouldn't be divulging secrets like that online, now should I?

But honestly, the higher you go, the more you learn. There are also various degrees that can take you down alernate routes of enlightenment. I liken them to side challenges in a video game. They're fun and they do move the plot along, but to keep your eye on the prize is to try to reach that elusive 33rd degree.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Can I ask what level you are Augustus?

I am a 3rd Degree Master Mason and in the Scottish Rite.

Wait, who do I have to speak to get yo promoted to a degree that at least shows up on the Wikipedia degree structure!
en.wikipedia.org...

Isn't there a connection to the Jacobites for Masonry Scottish rite?
I'm confused as to what the Book of Enoch has to do with the convo.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Well now, I really shouldn't be divulging secrets like that online, now should I?

Why not? If you think you actually have something then say it.

But honestly, the higher you go, the more you learn.

What is it that you learn?

There are also various degrees that can take you down alernate routes of enlightenment. I liken them to side challenges in a video game. They're fun and they do move the plot along, but to keep your eye on the prize is to try to reach that elusive 33rd degree.

If the 33rd Degree is that important why is not incorporated into the Blue Lodge instead if a side group that much less than half of all Masons join and that has no authority over the remainder of Masons?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Wait, who do I have to speak to get yo promoted to a degree that at least shows up on the Wikipedia degree structure!

The Pope.

Isn't there a connection to the Jacobites for Masonry Scottish rite?

Not in my jurisdiction.

I'm confused as to what the Book of Enoch has to do with the convo.

Nothing. It gives the blowhards something to pretend they know about.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Il Papa is your boss?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Il Papa is your boss?

So goes the conspiracy. He really works for Satan and we get to be his little minions answering to the Jesuits.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I did not know the pope was head of the Scottish rite.
Or is it a wee secret?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton
Going through the Royal Arch Mason degree you follow the tale of the Jews return from Babylonian captivity to Jerusalem and are ascending the summit of the original degrees of Craft Masonry. As a candidate, led by a guide, you return to Jerusalem to find it in ruins, but you are informed that the Jews have been permitted to rebuild the city and the Temple. The candidate is charged with removing the rubbish of the ruined Temple in order to lay the foundation for the new one. This degree is the completion of the Master Mason degree. It teaches lessons of service, undaunted fortitude, fervency, zeal, and the triumph of Truth over all forms of ignorance and tyranny.

A comparable degree in the Scottish Rite is the 13°.

According to you, but you're not even a Mason so my "level" isn't relevant. Plus, using your logic, I'm higher up the ladder of Masonic knowledge than you.

Being widely held doesn't give it any validity, your argument there is called the bandwagon fallacy.

Except the 33° is only relevant to the Scottish Rite.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join