It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enoch Chapter 8

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
You must go crazy with all the conspiracies related to your craft.

The crazy people are the ones like in this thread. Notice anything similar between the Original Poster of that one (who is no more) and anyone else?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DarkvsLight29
Yeah Masonry is stone work etc, thought that's what You were on about?

Operative Masonry was about stone work, Speculative Masonry is about charity, brotherly love and truth (among other things) taught using allegorical symbols and stories incorporating geometry and tools employed by stonemasons.

Ok guess you're on about Solomon's time on Masonry? or before/after.

think i need to do more research on the subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It is all after, there is no historical connection to Solomon or anyone else from the Bible. Masonry can be definitively traced to European stone masons.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

It is all after, there is no historical connection to Solomon or anyone else from the Bible. Masonry can be definitively traced to European stone masons.

Thanks for that , I'm going to do lot's more research when I've got the time

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Terrydon wrote a pretty good thread on the subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: DarkvsLight29

Terrydon wrote a pretty good thread on the subject.

Cool thanks for the link.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
A few similarities.

I was under the assumption that the 'levels' went to 32 then you had to be invited to 33.

After some quick research I found this.

Freemasonry is made up of three degrees. When someone joins, he goes through the process of receiving the degrees and becomes a third degree Master Mason. At this point, he is a full Member of the Fraternity and a peer to all other Masons throughout the world.

Within Freemasonry, there are sub-groups that exist for a variety of purposes. Each of these groups uses different titles, structure, etc. One such group is called the Scottish Rite.

The Scottish Rite is made up of 29 "degrees." These degrees are numbered 4 through 32, but they are not higher than the Third (Master Mason) Degree. When someone joins the Scottish Rite, he goes through an initiation process culminating with him receiving the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite [note: most Members do not receive all 29 degrees, but they all receive the 32nd]..

Quora

If I read this right, you have to obtain (right verbage?) your 3rd degree Master Mason, then you can continue study in various areas from 4 to 32?

I usually avoid this topic as a laymen but I have always been curious with all the conspiracies floating around.

Thanks for your time Augustus.

edit on 9 20 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If I read this right, you have to obtain (right verbage?) your 3rd degree Master Mason, then you can continue study in various areas from 4 to 32?

That is correct. These are side orders with no authority over the Blue Lodge.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

The way i see it is, pre flood if you choose to believe this event occured, let's us say it did for argument sake. Mankind was not elightened with fobiden knowledge such as described in your quote from Enoch. Thus, came the revellious "the observers", the ones from the heavens who swore in a pact to disobey the Most high' words, whom brought light (false light) to us and they shared unclean ways and technology that we knew nothing about.

If we observe today how in Africa and other parta of the world namely India, we find many monuments which are very loosely explained: pyramids, ziggaurats, a metal pole which doesn't rust made from mixing metals, these seem to be anachronisms, out place from what we seem to know about those periods. How the ancients developed all of a sudden complex wrtting systems in Mesopotamia along with math, metallurgy, medicine, pretty much a lot of what is described in the book of Enoch right from the grt go. Take also into consideration the stories from around the world speaking of entities from the skies who came to share knowledge.

The book of Enoch seems to explain where we got that boost in novelty from. Also, this book seems have been destroyed or hidden on purpose, it seems to tell us about who we are up against, what happened in the past. Also, when Enoch has walked with God, all we have are a few lines about him in the old testament. He walked with God! That's extremely note worthy. No?

The book also reconciles where giants came from also mentionned in the old testament. Another myth which many civilisations around the world has told for ages. Funny how the all seem to come up with the same stories along with dragons and other mythical creatures. Seems that the imaginations of men around the world came up witht he same stories. Another incredible thing mentioned by Enoch (giants mixing of kinds) with little to no detail in the official canon. Enoch wrote it for a generation to come faw away. That part makes me feel like its too good to be true.

I feel like some are running after the light of the fallen, they deal witht these entities to revive them or pay hommage to them to receive "enlightenment". Mixing DNA, GMO, pollution theough radiation all attemps to destroy the original word (dna) of God, a repeat of the past? Just as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the son of man.

Very interesting book!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkmadness

I just think it's funny it's mentioned in Masonry and in the bible.

Just a coincidence probably.

Tubalcain is mentioned in the Bible, as an early metalworker. At that time, it was pre-iron age and so it is more likely that he was a worker of bronze and brass rather than iron.

There is a suggestion that the hebrew word "barzel" used here (Genesis 4:22) also had a connotation of "hard stuff" and may have had a different meaning to modern understandings.

Iron required smelting skills that were not developed until much later, however there were examples of re-shaped meteoric iron prior to the invention of iron smelting. Perhaps Tubalcain re-shaped meteoric iron into tools?

Also, Tubalcain is only mentioned once, in one verse, in the Bible, hardly enough to build a doctrine upon.

And the book/s of Enoch are not considered to be part of the canon of scripture by any but a two African Churches.

That being said, Jude 1:14–15 in the New Testament does appear to quote from 1 Enoch 1, so perhaps it does have scriptural significance.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Ever wonder if it was just a good story???

People make stories about the world so it's easy to remember and sounds more interesting so people enjoy hearing it. They did it back then and still do it now only now we call them movies and novels or theater. That's how we create culture to pass down. Are the stories always literal and exact??? No. They would suck if that were the case. So we spruce them up a bit and make them sound more profound and legendary.

Maybe that's what we're looking at here.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

That is correct. These are side orders with no authority over the Blue Lodge.

Merit badges?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Merit badges?

Some people look at them that way.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

The levels aren't anything that masons really revere. In the Scottish Rite, everyone is a 32nd as soon as they go through the initiation. (in the US southern Jurisdiction and I believe the northern as well, but I can only speak with authority on the southern)

A mason who becomes a 33rd has spent a lot of time or effort, or knows the right people and spent a good bit of time shmoozing, so either way, they are considered to be worthy of some special respect in that regard, but then I'd say being master of a lodge also offers the same sort of admiration. (IMHO) In the end, it's all about you, the person. If you are well liked, a good person, and active within the community and masonry, you will be held in high esteem among others. If you are a pinhead who happens to be a mason, you could be any title, and folks would still likely think you were a pinhead. You don't get a free pass from that.

If you count titles and groups a mason belongs to, Ksig would be like the Grand Poohbah. I think they ran out of groups he could join at this point.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, no one knows for sure the origins of Freemasonry. There area lot of theories, but nothing to back them up.

No, Nimrod is not held in high esteem.

The Scottish Rite goes from the 4° to the 32°.

There are other groups like Royal Arch Masons, Order of the High Priesthood, Cryptic Masons, Order of the Silver Trowel, Knights Templar, Knight Crusader of the Cross, The Operatives, York Rite College, Rectified Scottish Rite, Swedish Rite, Order of Athelstan, Rosicrucian Societies (SRICF, SRIA, SRIS, SRIC, SRIL, SRIR, etc.), Order of Knight Masons, Allied Masonic Degrees (to include Antient Order of Ye Corks, Order of the Secret Monitor, and Order of the Scarlet Cord), Knights of the York Cross of Honor, Holy Royal Arch Knights Templar Priests, Sovereign Order of the Knights Preceptor, Red Cross of Constantine, Grand College of Rites, August Order of Light, Masonic Order of the Bath, Royal Order of Scotland, Commemorative Order of St. Thomas of Acon, and Shriners. These are all appendant orders, but all reliant upon the Blue Lodge for recognition and existence.

a reply to: network dude

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the confusion for others is why he mentions it i guess and calling the book The Lost Keys of Freemasonry didnt help

the crux of it

crazy people ?
that's an assumption
on people rightly confused by the quote

edit on 21-9-2016 by kibric because: Arutperumjothi

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Such a coincidence.

I just received 1, 2 & 3 Enoch in the mail as one book in paperback.

Akae Beka is the mystery of 1 Enoch.

Does anyone know the meaning???

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Nimrod is the supposed first potentate of the world and the first to establish the worship of idols after the flood.

He is a Rephaim, a remnant of the Nephilim. It's a mystery how the ''gene'' survived the flood but it must be Ham's wife who was probably Semiramis who married her son Nimrod.

He was killed by Esau at Shem's direction.

I don't think Freemasonry would openly admit reverence for Nimrod but I suspect that they do as Osiris but that's just rumor.

You can not ask a person in a society with secrets to tell you those secrets so anything said by the society is by logic unreliable as oaths are oaths to never reveal.

It's a redundant mission.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

Sorry, not following.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join