It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A MEN'S THREAD : How to Deal With Wife's PMS.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

If only it were that easy.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ya lousy bastids. I had to go through my mother's. My wife's and DAMN IT now my daughter's. And the youngest is the worst.

Yes. I've been buying feminine products since the 70's to today.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

And, we collaborate. Good luck with that.

(post by ArnoldNonymous removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AndroidJimmy

Best answer ever. Ice-cream and chocolate help too.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

My husband has myself, and 3 daughters. I fear for his safety when they get older.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

Okay this actually made me laugh. Probably because I am a woman and I know I am just like that.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Run fast and far away as possible. Anything that bleeds for a week and doesn't die is pure evil. I was married and have two daughters, this is one topic I know fairly well. The myth that women living together tend to cycle at the same time is just that,.... a myth. I'll be dammed if it wasn't one, one week and another the next. I basically had three weeks out of the month of pure hell and one week of reprieve. Then, rinse and repeat for what seems like forever.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Marry a wife who's cool in the first place.

Really, I have sisters aunts cousins who deal with it. They don't change their attitude much, they may be in pain and need to pick up supplies like pain killers but not much else. Nothing to deal with.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Can a sister reply?

If she isn't already, get her a good daily whole food multivitamin, and daily magnesium supplement. With no other medical issue besides regular PMS, these things will greatly help.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

originally posted by: Trueman
Yep,... once a month we men need to face it, our love and patient are tested. Adding salt on your food at the table could be dangerous. I love my wife and I try to make those days easier for both of us. Cook some fine Italian speciality or help a bit more with her chores seems to work in my case.

So ATS brothers I ask you how do you deal with it?

C'mon man! My husband regularly comes home in a #ty mood. How is that any different? We deal with your crap EVERY DAY, yet you choose to label us as the problem because some women are bitchy? If I come across as a bitch, it's often because of threads like this.

Oh suck it up and quite crying, we DO fly off the handle a week out of the month! I think Mother Nature or God or whoever you want to blame thought it would be funny.

I got nothing for suggestions for you. My husband likes to try humor, otherwise he just keeps audio to a minimum and doles out a little extra in the hugs & kisses department. That does seem to work quite well.

I know I've been unnecessarily bitchy on here from time to time due to it, so -- and this is not a trap -- feel free to fire of a pm & mention I'm being a PMSy bitch if you suspect as much. It'll remind me to reign it in and shape up, because this is not something most women are actively aware of. Everyone and everything is irritating the F out of us, like the moon is in the right (wrong?) place. We tend to completely overlook the fact that our hormones are going bonzo & keep blaming everyone/everything else. I'm not too good to try to rectify that, yanno. Unlike other women who get huffy over the insinuation (you know full well you've done it, ladies, own up)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Apologize.
Apologize.
Apologize.

And if that doesn't work?

Retreat to a corner and throw chocolate at her until she stops.

I laughed, entirely too much, at this.

However, keep the chocolate for you. You chuck anything at me, it better be red meat. Burgers, steaks, roast, ribs, whatever, just keep it coming.
I'm the odd girl out among my friends here, not a chocolate fan any time of the month.
edit on 9/21/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Easy problem to solve . Put them in a uniform , give them a gun and tell them Isis thinks they are fat . Kind of a two birds with one stone kind of thing .
edit on 21-9-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Whoa, you have a lot of guts bringing this up. Respect to you. I have only read your intro so I will scroll down to see what responses you have and will comment on my experience directly.

Yes I am gutless in this respect but you have given me courage to speak out.

Kind regards,

bally.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

True, what happens if the roles or circumstances were reversed. You'd be in jail mate. YOU! have no excuse.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AndroidJimmy

Nah!!!, sorry mate, I've given that many times. Have you ever received it in return mate?

regards, bally

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Yep,

One hundred stars and flags mate.

kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

While I like fishing, I always come back to the same even if I catch dinner.

Specifically I ask my spouse to recognise the symptoms and perhaps use her ability to control the emotions and NOT BELIEVE THE "MYTH" THAT THIS IS A NATURAL OCCURRENCE and she has every right to cause chaos.
kind regards,

bally

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Should work in reverse too. But it doesn't.

kind regards,

bally

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join