It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN redefines Race to include religion...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
In another desperate bid to paint Trump as a racist, CNN has redefined race to include one's religion. Of course you'll never see a left winger/Democrat/Regressive accuse you of racism for profiling crazy Christians or criticizing Christianity.

At no point did Donald Trump suggest racial profiling. He suggested we do what Israel does and profile Muslims, because Muslims perpetrate the vast majority of terrorist attacks on planet Earth. CNN chose to assign thoughts and motivations to Trump (lie) and claim he wants to racially profile people. Screw the safety of innocent people, we need to get Hillary elected!

newsbusters.org...

But later Tuesday morning, CNN's Carol Costello made it clear that the network's decision to insert “racial” into Trump’s quote was purposeful. In a discussion with Jeff Zeleny, Costello brought up the criticism and defended the addition of the word “racial” saying:

COSTELLO: And it's hard to not notice, Jeff, that Donald Trump again brought up the idea of profiling immigrants. I mean, yesterday he was upset that news people used the term racial profiling but he was on The O'Reilly Factor last night and Donald Trump clearly meant racial profiling when he said profiling.

ZELENY: He did.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It is pretty simple. The Progressive's only "enemies" are white males and Christians as those are the only two voting blocks that have not "fell into line" with their program.

www.campusreform.org...
edit on 20-9-2016 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
In another desperate bid to paint Trump as a racist, CNN has redefined race to include one's religion.

Ask yourself "what does a Muslim look like?" And ask "what does a Christian look like?" Got a mental picture?

I would bet that your picture of Christian pretty much expands to include anybody and everybody, but when youthink of Muslims, it's a Mediterranean type man with black hair and beard and olive skin, right? If someone said "go out and round up the Muslims" that's what you'd look for, right?

THAT is racial profiling - assuming that people of one group look like an idea That's the kind of logic that makes cops stop Black men as dangerous creatures and pretty much ignore me (an older White woman... though there is no reason why I should be considered less dangerous.)

I bet your picture of Muslims didn't include conservative Black men, though many Blacks in America are Muslim. It might have (incorrectly) included Sikhs. And I bet it didn't include blonde women, though the Queen Noor of Jordan is Muslim and blonde - and not the only blonde Muslim.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Redefining a religion as a race is itself racist. Redefining "immigrant" to be a race is racist. You know that when these idiots hear the word Islam or immigrant, their minds automatically make the racist connection between the religion and a certain skin color of their choosing.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I would bet that your picture of Christian pretty much expands to include anybody and everybody, but when youthink of Muslims, it's a Mediterranean type man with black hair and beard and olive skin, right? If someone said "go out and round up the Muslims" that's what you'd look for, right?

Wrong. That's what you'd look for, obviously. Muslim isn't a set of racial characteristics.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

They quoted someone and added a word, that changed the meaning of the quote.

When criticized about this behavior, they then redefine the meaning of the word they added.

How does redefining a word that they added take away from the misquote?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The liberals have been re-defining words for the last 18 or so months.

Nothing new here. That's their only argument, their only strategy. They can't debate facts, they exist in a make-believe reality, so their only real option is to re-define words and fabricate something to be offended by.
edit on 20-9-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

No, ever seen a Uiyger? What about a Chechen? Then there are North Africans ...
edit on 20-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

When you allow other people such as the media to do your thinking for you...you inevitably find yourself defending the status quo.

Status quo is not a bad thing, if everything is pretty much balanced, but when it clearly isn't, it becomes a bad thing.

Like defending that which you are honestly against just because you think you should...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The only people spending all day worrying about racism and pushing it in everyone else's face, is the racists themselves.

People just can't go a day without being professionally offended anymore, I'm seriously starting worry that it's merely a side effect of having nothing better to do with their time. Why not take on a righteous cause that you can follow with ZERO investigation, ZERO fact checking, ZERO accountability? Why not?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's Called Think/Speak , Welcome to Fictional Realty ...........

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It's bloody scary though. I know it's often said that radical changes happen very quickly, but this Orwellian change in society seems to be happening DAILY. Every day something else is challenged - usually on an emotional level with no rational thought or logic applied to it. Every day I wake up and read some utter nonsense about somebody being utterly offended somewhere over something that really isn't a big deal.

With some of these people you'd think that someone had just shot their dog in front of them for using words like "he" "she". It's absolutely, infuriatingly stupid!

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I don't care that CNN is trying to redefine racism.

I don't care that FOX is trying to redefine mocking a disabled man.

I don't need them to tell me what to think. I do just fine for myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
No surprise coming from the propaganda arm of the Clintons.

More misrepresented BS.

Just yesterday CNN edited out Hillary saying bombing and then went on to slam Trump for saying bomb.

Goebbels would be proud.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd
(an older White woman... though there is no reason why I should be considered less dangerous.)

There is also no reason why you should be considered a better driver than say, a 16 year old boy from a broken home who just got a beat up firebird with a oversized engine.
except for statistical probability of course.

You think insurance is sexist/ageist? no..they go strictly by numbers based on hard facts. data points.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ask yourself "what does a Muslim look like?" And ask "what does a Christian look like?" Got a mental picture?

THAT is racial profiling - assuming that people of one group look like an idea That's the kind of logic that makes cops stop Black men as dangerous creatures and pretty much ignore me (an older White woman... though there is no reason why I should be considered less dangerous.)

I bet your picture of Muslims didn't include conservative Black men, though many Blacks in America are Muslim. It might have (incorrectly) included Sikhs. And I bet it didn't include blonde women, though the Queen Noor of Jordan is Muslim and blonde - and not the only blonde Muslim.

Forget about race, what about sex. The fact is that MEN are profiled all of the time by the police. Men tend to commit more violent crime, and as such, if their is a murder or otherwise violent crime, law enforcement profiles men.

Why is no one up at arms about this? Oh wait, men aren't considered a "victim" group, they are oppressors.

Is it ok to profile younger people seeing as how they commit more of certain types of crime, or should resources be diverted to nursing homes to stop things like burglary and graffiti?

Do you think if their is a murder, that profilers should split their efforts fifty fifty that it could be a man or a woman?

If 95% of all abortion clinic bombings are done by white Christians in this country, is it ok for law enforcement to start their search for a white Christian to stop more bombings?

If a note is left in Arabic at a bomb site and claims ISIS is responsible and their will be more attacks in the area, would you suggest that law enforcement split their resources equally among all races and sexes? You would have to search every single person right, because profiling any characteristic would be wrong.

Maybe law enforcement can pick a random place to start, like an elementary school? Could be those kindergartners praising ISIS right, we wouldn't want to profile.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Clinton/Democrat Campaigns getting so desperate.

Sad and funny at the same time.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

At no point did Donald Trump suggest racial profiling. He suggested we do what Israel does and profile Muslims, because Muslims perpetrate the vast majority of terrorist attacks on planet Earth.

Got that far and realized this is a xenophobia thread and no amount of logic will aid. Wallow in fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

In another desperate bid to paint Trump as a racist, CNN has redefined race to include one's religion.

I'm saying use common sense. Does this policy work for Israel? It seems to be. I remember when I was a kid and terrorist attacks with big body counts in Israel were much more common. Also, you do realize profiling relies on more than just visual cues? However, some Muslims are easy to notice no matter what color they are. Maybe they should be scrutinized? Just like a white guy wearing a white hood and robe should probably be scrutinized more than the average person.
edit on 20-9-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join