It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just got back from my trip to Iceland (PIC HEAVY)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Man those are some really awesome photographs! It looks like an interesting and beautiful place to travel to.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Great photos! I just came back from Iceland trip. The nature is really amazing there, esp lakes. I could just sit on the bench and watch this lake worldcams.tv... for hours. Everyone who is tired of the bustle of life I propose to go to Iceland.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyGallagher

Please, you travelers outnumber us natives 50 / 1 so we really dont need more... and most of you seem to think our gardens and properties are your personal lavatory, and our nature as one big trashcan.

Not really hating on you, just releasing a bit of bitter

We would not mind as much if some of this tourism money actually landed in the pockets of us citizens, but tourism in iceland is for the most part exempt from tax- so it ends up mostly in the hands of about 4-5 people of our Elites.

Tourism brings us all this money, and we wont even fix the roads for you or make you toilets... well we would, but the 1% don't giva a single shi# about you or your well being while your here...

I could go on forever

But alas, thank you for your business

edit on America/Chicago59Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:59:15 -05001100000019 by eirgud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eirgud

so what? tourism is a huge business in every country why do you try to make some economic discussion here in TRAVEL thread

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BillyGallagher

Well, is't tourism related to travel? And does government not influence travel?

Wasn't trying to be rude. Youknow, just happened to check upon this tread in myATS feed and saw your post, decided to vent a little on this post of yours related to travel in the country where I live.

You say tourism is a huge business in every country (witch yes, it is). But do tourists outnumber natives this heavily in most countries? I submit that my previous number is exaggerated (since it was a form of ranting [but you know, just fun ranting])
but actually, on average (any given day) there are 12 tourists for 1 native. We are literally getting trampled (in so many ways other than physically).

So my earlier post was sort of a comment on you recommending more people to come here (which is fine - I just felt like rant-responding for conversations sake). Im really glad you enjoyed your stay. I don't dislike the people coming here (I even invite random tourists to dinner), but I have many thoughts on it. Sorry If I came off like a blowhard.

That lake you mention (or The Pond, as we natives call it) is very nice yes. You should have seen it 15 years ago before the seagulls where cut off from all the fish guts at the docks. Now they come to our pretty little lake/pond to eat birdbabies so there is not as much birdlife as before.

Best wishes,

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join