It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George H.W. Bush to vote for Clinton, reports say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Kathleen Hartington Kennedy Townsend saw the former Republican president on Monday and was told he would vote for the Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, according to reports from Politico and the Guardian. Both reports cite a Facebook post by Townsend, in which she is seen shaking hands with Bush, 92, with a caption that reads, "The President told me he's voting for Hillary!!"
Link

This is huge news in my opinion for many reasons.

Is Trump an outsider? This is good evidence he is.

Is there just one political party in the U.S.? This is good evidence there is.

Do votes matter? This is good evidence they do.

Is the GOP anti-Trump? This is good evidence they are.

Are prominent members of a political party expected to vote a certain way? Generally speaking, no.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Unless she doesn't have much support from her base. Then, when it's rigged, the media could say conservatives voted for her, look at all these Republican politicians endorsing her.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: collietta

Yeah but Republicans don't care. If we wanted a politicians approval on this election, we would have voted for one.

Republicans no longer care about the opinions of the Bush family and democrats never did.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I don't see much of a difference between the Bush family and the Clinton family. This doesn't surprise me one bit and won't influence anyone.

The Bush family has already been resoundingly rejected by Republican voters and I have a feeling the Clinton's are about to get the same treatment from Dems in november.

People are so done with these families.
edit on 2016/9/20 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
This is huge news in my opinion for many reasons.

Massive news, and nice to see that the conservative elites who control the mainstream media are finally reporting on it at last.

I can't think of any Democrat candidate in living memory who's been endorsed by a popular and highly successful former Republican president. This could be a game changer.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   
this will put off some democrats, id expect a slight bump for the minor parties.

are we witnessing the end of the republican party?

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
are we witnessing the end of the republican party?

Not yet, but it might be fatally wounded.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Maybe I'm a little naive on this subject, but could it be because of a republican controlled congress ?

If congress/senate is controlled by the republicans, then it doesn't really matter who sits on the throne... congress can simply stop them from being able to get anything done while in office anyway.

That's probably the way Bush and other republican politicians are thinking at this point in the game.

Either that or Clinton has made some side deals with higher up republicans to keep Trump out of office no matter what....

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MongolianPaellaFish

Whatever party loses will be destroyed.
Trump changing ideology of the gop
Hillary's corruption, rigging of primaries.
This is an all in

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
What? You mean that guy who bombed countries back into the stone age that had nothing to do with the asbestos ridden twin towers falling to the ground while swapping spit with the true culprits? That guy? He's gonna vote for Clinton?

Sounds about right.

Yea Lord, true evil is abroad in the land and everybody drinketh from the cup.
edit on 20-9-2016 by Apollumi because: added a little clarity

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I highly doubt this was said. I have a friend who was there in Kennebunkport yesterday and has the same picture in the same chairs from the same event. He said nothing of the sort was discussed at all.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
dubyuh would vote for himself if he thought there was a chance.

There isn't a chance- but in the comically bad two party system, there's a chance a clinton can- which is also very helpful to a corrupt bush.

I don't see why this information is a surprise to *anyone*

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

And yet another good reason to vote for Trump.

I will admit I have not been a trump fan; for various reasons. But I didn't like Hillary from before the start.

With W's endorsement, I suddenly find it very easy to go all in for Trump.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Reading the first several replies, I feel like many people aren't understanding the significance. This isn't indicating an expectation of "Republican" voters switching to Hillary, or of "Democrat" voters being put off by GHWB's vote for Hillary.

It's indicative of Clinton being the "establishment" choice, regardless of party affiliation. Thus, nobody in their right mind should vote for her (opinion, of course.)

That doesn't mean Trump or Johnson is a good choice either, just that maybe Clinton is the worst.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
Maybe I'm a little naive on this subject, but could it be because of a republican controlled congress ?

If congress/senate is controlled by the republicans, then it doesn't really matter who sits on the throne... congress can simply stop them from being able to get anything done while in office anyway.

That's probably the way Bush and other republican politicians are thinking at this point in the game.

Either that or Clinton has made some side deals with higher up republicans to keep Trump out of office no matter what....

Nah, He is an old man. Probably think she's hawt.

And just what the country needs, more gridlock in congress.

I don't see them teaming up with her.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
CLOSED

Please redirect your comments to the existing thread here

top topics

join