It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Frau Merkel feels the Wind Of Change , mistakes it a breeze

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Folowing on from her last humiliating election defeat in her own constituency earlier this month Merkel has suffered another defeat at the hands of the far right , this time in Berlin.
Feeling the Wind Of Change delivered through the polls Merkel has admitted that the imigration crisis and her handling of it are to blame and has expressed regret over mistakes that contributed to the crisis , the problem is that the regret she expresses is not for opening the doors of Europe but that she hadn't prepared well enough for the influx , she dismissed the wind as but a breeze.

"If I could, I would turn back time for many, many years, to prepare better," she told reporters.

Looking back at the migrant crisis, Ms Merkel defended her policy as "absolutely correct on balance, but ultimately it meant that for a long time we did not have enough control".
www.bbc.co.uk...

Of course Mrs M , it's about control not that German citizens feeling their way of life is being sold sown the river by an out of touch politician who can't accept that she needs to change course for the sake of her country its people, that's no breeze Angela that's ......

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

"If I could, I would turn back time for many, many years, to prepare better"

Sounds like "At this point what difference does it make?"

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Merkel, another puppet who doesn't really do much other than act as the "Saleswoman" for the true decision makers

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Regrets, she's had a few, but then again, too many to mention.

Interesting that the Far Right are getting a grip on the political scene in Germany. Maybe it's just a protest vote so far, but unless politicians start listening to what concerns the people, then maybe all of us will regret it?

As Fam suggests though, these mealy mouthed mainstream politicians all work for the Establishment, without a care for the people.

Interesting times ahead.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Shes the scape goat to blame for the 'problem'. The announcer, the presider, takes the heat. Thats her job in the limelight. The decision to take refugees into the greater EU was not made by her, it was made a lot higher up the food chain.

Step down? She will when told to.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Well then this time the Establishment definitely overplayed their hand. Geert Wilders, Marine Le Pen, Viktor Orbán, Frauke Petry, they'll very likely kill the globalists elites favourite child next year. And with Trump in the US, I don't know what you Brits got, Farage maybe, could be pretty much the end of globalism as we know it.
All just because some twats don't know hospitality has two sides. At least that's my take on it. Just imagine in a parallel universe westerners have to flee to the middle east and run around in Bikinis all day, blasting hip hop out of their speakers... if these countries then would too broadcast commercials with stupid slogans like "embrace difference. Start tolerance."?
I doubt that, but it's fun to imagine.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

No, Farage has gone and UKIP have gone all modern and elected a woman as leader.

The Establishment have received a bloody nose from the people, with the result of the referendum.

We await the backlash, but can they afford for it to be heavy handed? I feel not.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

All 3 biggest parties lost voters, take a closer look here:

The rise of the AfD, which was only formed in 2013, has been attributed not just to anti-migrant sentiment but also to social frustrations resulting from the growing gap between rich and poor in Germany as well as elsewhere in Europe.

Press: Berlin election about defeat for Merkel - and more

It's always easy to blaim Mutti alone for the whole mess. Being in my head, I'd rather like to see our MSM addressing lobbyism on EU- as on national levels. Merkel is just another puppet in this game of bones, I'm pretty sure about that.

It seems the people are not that easy to fool anymore, especially in Berlin. Regardless of how you might think about migration, this growing gap in wealth is a much bigger issue for the people I know and care about.
One has to wonder why the BBC didn't even mention that part... wait... think I've got it. It's the economy, stupid! There's way more money to be made with migration, fearmongering and a tad bit of disinfo.

Not saying you are up to that, just adding more info and my take on the story. Thanks for reading and have a blast with all that!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

they'll very likely kill the globalists elites favourite child next year.

...via offering their own brat, wanna bet? They'll be equally happy to help our lobbyists in charge for some cheap bucks, better don't expect superhuman abilities in a Petry dish.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Representing the Christian Democratic party. Which is nearly correct.

They just omitted the word 'anti'.

The anti-Christian, antidemocratic Merkel has shown her complete contempt for the wants and needs of her own people and is about to get her comeuppance.

GOOD RIDDANCE MERKEL.

You've had a good run exploiting your people's unique intolerance of race hate politics. But if you thought that even modern, enlightened Germans would roll over and accept your idea of heaven on earth, you are deluded.

We don't want your poxy brave new world.

4Q.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Merkel has done a fine job in Germany and the EU. Let's boil this down to where the issue you guys have. Muslim immigrants. That's what you're all pissing about.

And yeah, a far right Germany is a good idea. Whatever happened to "never forget"?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Folowing on from her last humiliating election defeat in her own constituency earlier this month Merkel has suffered another defeat at the hands of the far right , this time in Berlin.

Why are parties who oppose immigration tarred with the "far right" label? The Alternative for Germany (AfD) party that made such headway are more centre-right. They are not Nazis.

Merkel has made a grave error. Her policies on immigration have polarised Germany and probably helped BREXIT in the UK by demonstrating that fellow Europeans could not manage a p1ss-up in a brewery.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Gotta agree. She didn't take into account the rampant xenophobia spreading the planet. Interesting that Germany is leading the way today.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Merkel has done a fine job in Germany and the EU. Let's boil this down to where the issue you guys have. Muslim immigrants. That's what you're all pissing about.

Merkel has done a bad job in the EU which is why we voted to leave and other populations within the superstate want the opportunity to do the same , part of the problem is migrants , Muslim or not , but the problems run deeper than that.

And yeah, a far right Germany is a good idea. Whatever happened to "never forget"?

And who said the far right Germany is a good idea , people are being forced that way because their is no other party promising to protect their interests , their jobs , public services and housing for their children.

It's easy to criticise when you don't have to live with the fallout.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Merkel has done a bad job in the EU which is why we voted to leave...

BS. It was lies about immigrants taking your jobs. Raping your women. Etc.

And who said the far right Germany is a good idea , people are being forced that way because their is no other party promising to protect their interests , their jobs , public services and housing for their children.

See? You can couch it in nice terms but it's still the same bigotry.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

BS ? , I live here and see the effects of the influx , I've lived with the EU handing down their edict for us to follow like unquestioning sheep , I see the corruption which is rife within the institution but yeah I guess you know better.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Merkel has done a bad job in the EU which is why we voted to leave...

Ha ha ha ha, of course it was.

Immigration is fine as long as people embrace the culture of the country they have decided to seek asylum in.

For me and for many others it was about sovereignty. To have laws thrust upon us, made by commissioners who have not been elected by the populace, well it isn't very democratic is it? And, if nothing else in this life, democracy is the best system of Government, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Lies

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Mutti saving the economy only, same neocon crap as usual.

Petry Dish in leather, more neocon crap as usual.
Yeah. I just thought those pics are pretty hilarious, lighten up folks!

I live here and see the effects of the influx

And only that, but you didn't mention our rising gap in wealth distribution. Why?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You know as this mess started I would have agreed with you, by now I'm just pissed at how they behave, if you have any business at a government office in a city (I can only speak for Munich) the welfare places and all of that are overran and they're not the same as "normal" immigrants. They're rude, aggressive and all with an air of entitlement that's just unbearable.
I have to go to my seminar south of the main station and every freaking day they block the entire boardwalk, they don't move a centimeter yelling all the time if you want to make your way through and really really make you just want to punch them in their faces.
In my neighbourhood is one less nice building and it got populated by refugees it's a quiet nice neighbourhood except for them, they turn their music up so the whole street has to listen to it, have their gatherings in the middle of the street, they're not talking with eachother they're yelling, as if they deliberately try to piss everyone off.

Places they frequent suddenly all have these signs warning about theft. They even got their thing in discotheques "antanzen" the population gets warned about, because they steal your wallet and your phone faster than you can say "ey". And don't smile or be nice to one of them if you don't want their hands all over you, because they can't tell friendliness from an invitation to grope.

I know many people some of them muslims and super people I would never compare any of them to these hordes of .... "refugees". Germany was nice and welcoming but most of them spit in our faces and just don't know the concept of being a good guest.

So go and whine about bigotry all you want, they can't stay amongst civilised people that's a fact.

edit on 19-9-2016 by Peeple because: they're their issues

top topics

<<   2 >>

join