It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmad Khan Rahami wanted in connection to NYC bombings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: introvert
I questioned how we know what his religion is.

While I am not one to jump to conclusions the odds say that, unless he renounced or changed religion, he is almost certainly a Muslim as over 99% of Afghanistan's population is Muslim.

I am sure it will all come out in due course.

He may very well be Muslim. I was simply asking if there has been any verification of that before jumping to conclusions.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Is it time to say it was Islamic terror now?

I don't know. I have just been reading a report stating that someone called 911 saying they were behind the blasts and that it was because they can no longer live in a world where gays are looked down on. IF this is true, then that doesn't say Islamic terrorism to me........

ETA:

When the Mayor is saying it is terrorism but ruled out international terrorism, that says to me there may be something in what i wrote above.
edit on 19-9-2016 by Flavian because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I feel that since the administration has been in power anybody that see something not right with certain groups in the nation are tagged anti this and that, and the way that the word Islamophbia is used this days Thanks to the manufacturing of it be CAIR we are losing our touch with reality.

We are been manipulated to think that our nation is safe, we are becoming vulnerable, the way to destroy a nation is always from within.

Most of the latest terrorist act in this nation has been committed by people that are no longer immigrants from foreign lands but now are considered Americans, either by been born from immigrant parents or becoming citizens, that makes things look domestic and takes away from the foreign influences fact, I see it as an excuse for the present administration to take advantage of this new approach to terrorist within our nation.

edit on 19-9-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Chelsea has a large Gay population. I wonder if he chose this area because of that.
This could be another anti-Gay attack like Orlando.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Declare martial law? Why?

There was a stabbing, multiple IED's across the tri-state area that we all know are tied to terrorism and no statement from the White House? Nothing? Sorry, I call that ineffective leadership. He jumps on the TV every time a young black felon is shot by police but no statement on this. No press conference?

Terror attacks on US soil again and not a peep from the administration until I am sure the AG comes out and again tells us as a nation to he 'tolerate'.

I was trying to be facetious.

Again, I don't know what you would like him to do. No matter what he does, you're going to clutch pearls and play dramatic.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

I don't know. I have just been reading a report stating that someone called 911 saying they were behind the blasts and that it was because they can no longer live in a world where gays are looked down on. IF this is true, then that doesn't say Islamic terrorism to me........

ETA:

When the Mayor is saying it is terrorism but ruled out international terrorism, that says to me there may be something in what i wrote above.

There are Radical Islamic terrorists in the US, who are American citizens.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

ETA:

They are saying he is a US citizen of Afghan decent. So was he born here and his parents came from Afghanistan, or was he born oversees?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

You know that under our freedom of religion and protection of religious rights, in the nation, going after mosque is call profiling, our own laws that offers freedoms for all Americans to enjoy in this nation are been used to protect the factions and terrorist organizations that now are growing and plaguing our nation this days. Is truly a danger to our nation as a whole when the government offers preferences to certain groups under the tag of avoiding profiling.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   

born overseas...it is in the FBI release.

Rahami is a 28-year-old United States citizen of Afghan descent born on January 23, 1988, in Afghanistan. His last known address was in Elizabeth, New Jersey. He is about 5’ 6” tall and weighs approximately 200 pounds. Rahami has brown hair, brown eyes, and brown facial hair.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Of course there are. I just know of no Islamic Terrorists anywhere that are, effectively, fighting for homosexuality. Fighting to extinguish it, yes. Fighting for it, no.

Perhaps you could enlighten me though? I may well be wrong and that report hasn't really been verified yet. But if true, it puts a completely different spin on it.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Declare martial law? Why?

There was a stabbing, multiple IED's across the tri-state area that we all know are tied to terrorism and no statement from the White House? Nothing? Sorry, I call that ineffective leadership. He jumps on the TV every time a young black felon is shot by police but no statement on this. No press conference?

Terror attacks on US soil again and not a peep from the administration until I am sure the AG comes out and again tells us as a nation to he 'tolerate'.

I was trying to be facetious.

Again, I don't know what you would like him to do. No matter what he does, you're going to clutch pearls and play dramatic.

He could:
Halt immigration from Muslim countries until screening is more effective.
Halt the refugee flow until screening is more effective.
Initiate a program to work directly with the Muslim community to root out terrorists (including questioning family members of those currently under investigation).
Monitor all those under investigation.
Start admitting the problem publicly and assure the people he is going to do everything he can to keep them safe.

i.e. He could start listening to Trump and acting.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Profiling? No, it is called an investigation. Going after his mosque is what is needed right now. In EVERY instance in the US with a terror attack linked to Islam they are part of a local mosque. Someone there knows.

Post 9/11 there was surveillance on all mosques in NYC and no attacks till it was disbanded by the liberal mayor of NYC.

edit on 09am30amf0000002016-09-19T07:26:16-05:000716 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Of course there are. I just know of no Islamic Terrorists anywhere that are, effectively, fighting for homosexuality. Fighting to extinguish it, yes. Fighting for it, no.

Perhaps you could enlighten me though? I may well be wrong and that report hasn't really been verified yet. But if true, it puts a completely different spin on it.

There was a report of a tweet, which is now a deleted account.
As Mateen murdered people in Orlando after admitting he was killing on behalf of ISIS, the media also tried to pin it on him being gay.
Time to just accept there is a very real and serious problem with radical Islamic terror.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

born overseas...it is in the FBI release.

Rahami is a 28-year-old United States citizen of Afghan descent born on January 23, 1988, in Afghanistan. His last known address was in Elizabeth, New Jersey. He is about 5’ 6” tall and weighs approximately 200 pounds. Rahami has brown hair, brown eyes, and brown facial hair.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

But why not San Francisco, IAMTAT that is where most of the LGBT is concentrated, so far that city has not been targeted.

Interestingly in june this year, ISIS released a video of cities in the US to be targeted, San Francisco was one of them.

Pro-ISIS Video Calls For Terrorist Attacks In San Francisco, Las Vegas

Iconic, Bay Area images took center stage in a new pro-ISIS video.

That video is calling for attacks on San Francisco and Las Vegas.

The video surfaced yesterday and it glorified the man behind the Orlando nightclub shooting. It shows several San Francisco landmarks: the Golden Gate Bridge,
the Financial District and Powell Street … along with a message: attack.

The propaganda video praises the Orlando nightclub shooter, Omar Mateen, and brings the message of terror close to home.

But why San Francisco, and why now? The answer may be the city’s LGBT-friendly atmosphere and the large Pride parade and festivities over the weekend.

sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
newyork.cbslocal.com...

Federal sources told CBS News that they believe Rahami is also connected to an unexploded pressure cooker device found near the Chelsea blast, an explosion in Seaside Park, New Jersey and five explosive devices that were found at a train station in Elizabeth, New Jersey

Linked to all bombings.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   

This was a report of a phone call to 911 and he actually told them that he was just down the street from the bomb blast. Given CCTV proliferation, this should be simple to check (especially combined with triangulating his position via phone records).

If this is verified, it does put a different spin on it and it isn't Islamic terrorism.

Verification is the key, but given the report it is far too early to blame Islamic terrorism in New York.

Now the Mall stabbings, they seem very different and DO appear to be a Islamic terrorist attack.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I don't know. Is he Muslim?

Has it been proven he played a part in the bombing?

Shouldn't we get all of the info before we jump to conclusions?

It would be a reasonable deduction that he is a Muslim.

His name and the country he was born in make it likely.

But I know you want facts which is cool...

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

As has already been stated, Chelsea has a large gay population. Why would a gay activist bomb an area with a large gay population? IMO the (now deactivated) twitter account is a diversion tactic or just a crazy that wants attention.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join