It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina, Virginia, Alabama, Tennessee & Georgia Declare STATE OF EMERGENCY

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I haven't even had a chance to go over the Pipeline stories yet, but noticed that even directly searching for "state of emergency" barely even brings up any results, though I had it coming in on various feeds. Still searching if anywhere else has declared.

EDIT: 6 Governors Declare State of Emergency

Alabama, Tennessee, & Georgia Declare States Of Emergency As Gas Shortages Loom After Pipeline Leak

State of Emergency declared in North Carolina due to expected Gas shortage

WLOS — RALEIGH, N.C. -- Governor McCrory's office declared a state of emergency in North Carolina due to the gas shortage expected from a major pipeline burst in Alabama.

N.C. Attorney General Roy Cooper warns of "price gouging" amid a developing gas shortage in WNC.

Gov. McAuliffe declares state of emergency following pipeline shutdown - add South Carolina to the list.

RICHMOND, Virginia. (WVEC) -- Governor Terry McAuliffe has declared a state of emergency in response to the temporary shutdown of Colonial Pipeline's main lines in Shelby County, Ala.

Executive Order #59 will allow for a state response to prevent gasoline shortages while the major pipeline is out of service.

edit on 19-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

Edit: On the original pipeline "leak" there's really nothing information wise. Just a lot of double-speak and "we don't know and we aren't saying" what caused it or even what it might be, or even details of what the damage was...

Alabama pipeline leak: What we know so far about the spill, gas shortages and more

On the morning of Sept. 9, an inspector with the Alabama Surface Mining Commission was performing a routine monthly check of an old coal mine in Shelby County when he noticed "a strong odor of gasoline" as well as a sheen on the surface of one of the retention ponds.

That section of pipeline remains closed. Eight days later, official estimates climbed to 336,000 gallons of lost gasoline. More than 700 people were working around the clock to dig up the pipe, plug the leak, clean up the old mining property south of Birmingham and restore supply.

The dig begins

Crews began excavating the leaking pipeline at around 3:30 p.m. on Friday, but the cause and status of the leak is still unknown.

Thanks, for the non-information.
www.al.com...
edit on 19-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

What good is declaring EMERGENCY going to do other than cause an overkill rush on the pumps?!?!
edit on 19-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Is this that same pipeline that the Native Americans are protesting?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

No.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Ok.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

No, but aint that a quaint coincidence? Pipeline bursts as another pipeline is being protested. Just put my conspiracy hat on for a second and....

...potatoes? Sorry, another transformer blew out outside just a second ago, what was I saying?

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What good is that going to do other than cause an overkill rush on the pumps?!?!

Well, planning and all that. Seems like informing people might be good so they can adjust wasteful use of gas. That and tracking little blips.

I had blips on pipeline bursting & blips on pipeline protests, and blips on pipeline connected companies overseas being in litigation. Whenever enough blips go off I like to make a thread or post it somewhere to come back later, in case something else develops or I want to know how coverage was when it started.

Personally I think there is more to the pipeline burst than is being let on...which is currently, nothing, so well, right now it doesn't mean much, but look back in a month & see if any answers have come.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

We're all gonna die !

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If this were occurring in the Northeast, it'd be a far bigger story than the pipe-bomb.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I made a thread on the 16th, Alabama and Georgia had declared a state of emergency. Gas Shortage

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It goes all the way to NY. You might wanna load up in the morning and get ahead of the rush.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

No, no I was talking about them declaring emergencies like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Spoke to some folks in the know here in Georgia. Tentatively speaking , the eta for the bypass pipeline is this Thursday.
edit on 9/19/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:33 AM
link   

State of emergency gives you extra powers to change rules.
IT has little to do with telling people to fear things.

so the stated purpose in North Carolina is to bypass trucker rules that limit drive time for safety.
So because it's an emergency truckers can drive longer and get gas places faster.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Ah okay, from what Im reading the reason they declare SOE is because it lightens all the regulations on whats allowed to travel on the streets. Now, someone might get concerned and wonder if various National Guard Deployments are related and that, but its more just so fuel trucks not normally allowed to move, are.

But just for doom-sake, national guard over protests, and 1000 national guard and state police respond to NY

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're right IIB. The panic may not reach north, but the price-gouging surely will. Probably here in Chicago too.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Is everyone ready for the gas prices to go up?
You know the gouging will start tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

Not the same pipeline but that may be the reason you aren't hearing much about it in the news either. Kind of gives support to those out there protesting this other pipeline which is being built.

But of course that would be bad press to actually report on the seemingly inevitability that it too would break at some point like the rest seem to do.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedmoonMWC

Is everyone ready for the gas prices to go up?
You know the gouging will start tomorrow.

I'm sure, even though being on the West Coast, price gougers at the very least(there are some here) will jump in on the profits.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join