It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The UNofICiAl KETO Thread

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku

why are people so adverse to excercise that theyd rather do silly diets like this?
excercise is how you lose weight, diet is relativly irrelevant.

This is completely false. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. Do a little research. See how long you'd have to run in order to drop 5 pounds vs. how little you would have to cut out of your diet.

"You can't outrun your fork!" is a pretty common saying.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: Bluesma

That would be tough!!!!
I cannot imagine not having eggs or yogurt for breakfast!!!!!

What...is there no gluten intolerance in France?
Since you mention digestive issues when you eat bread....I have to wonder?

Generally in Europe they make bread the old fashioned way and that's why there is not much of a gluten issue, the dough is left generally overnight so that the gluten can break down and the body can handle it, it's a simplistic explanation but gluten intolerance is on the rise because bread is now mass produced and the gluten doesn't break down before baking.

On topic my gf is about to give this diet a go, will be interesting seeing the results.

posted on Jan, 22 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Fat Head Pizza is amazing. Its not hard to make. I just made it again this weekend for the second time. The dough recipe can also be used for bread sticks. Good stuff!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Edit: posted my favorite pizza recipe a few weeks ago, so I'll spare you the repeat.
edit on 020182018k23110America/Chicagordpm by Look2theSacredHeart because: Doh!

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Catfish and hush puppies? My grandmother was from New Orleans, and she'd bring up frozen catfish whenever she visited. SO GOOD. And I bet the hush puppies were good enough to be worth going back through the keto flu.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sassymcsnickerson,
DTOM, antar, hopenotfear

How's everyone doing? Any cool recipes?

Weight is coming off slowly, this time. Well, not insanely quickly. Last time, I lost a pound a day for like two weeks, then half a pound a day for another four weeks before it slowed down. This time, I'm losing like 1 or 2 lbs a week, after the initial 6 pound whoosh. I feel great, though, and my legs and face are getting smaller.

Found a local farm that sells fresh chicken for only $4/lb. It's lovely. Best chicken I've ever had, and not crazy expensive.

Keto invention of last weekend, based on what was in the fridge:
Smoked salmon, shredded up, and mixed with canned shrimp, cream cheese, a little sour cream, green onion, and chili powder. It was cry good. Hubby ate it as a dip. I ate it with a spoon, hiding in the kitchen, because it seemed like bad manners somehow to eat a dip without any crunchy vehicle.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

No cool new recipes.
I admit to having a bit of trouble easing into it....and I know you should go full tilt.....

Instead of cookies for dessert....I had sliced strawberries with yogurt.
Only 33 net carbs today.

posted on Jan, 23 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Depending on your body, that might be low enough to go into ketosis, I've read. Are you using the pee strips?

Last time I did this, my limit was 40 carbs a day, and the weight came off faster. I might up my carbs to speed things up.

posted on Jan, 24 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

Your Salmon and cream cheese invention sounds awesome!

How long have you been doing Keto?
edit on 24-1-2018 by sassymcsnickerson because: nuther question

posted on Feb, 6 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wassup y'all? How's it going for everybody? Any new recipes, motivational or success stories?

I just finished up my first month on Keto. Down 18 lbs. Feeling freakin awesome!
I was initially going to try this woe for one week then that changed to two weeks and now after my first month, I have decided to do it another three months.

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sassymcsnickerson

Congrats on the successful WOE start!!!!

I admit to not yet being motivated to get serious.....but there's always tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sassymcsnickerson

That’s great to hear, keep it up. I haven’t been on ATS in months, good to see this thread still going.

I’ve been cheating a lot more lately, especially since having the flu. I’ve gained about 15 lbs over a 3 month span, the cheating wasn’t worth it. Carbs make me tired.

Time to get re-focused!!

posted on Feb, 20 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Hey all,

Been doing Ketogenic for 3 weeks now and wanted to say it's just great. Although the pounds aren't shedding off of me I have lost 7 pounds and the greatest impact it's having is on my type II diabetes!

Before keto my morning blood sugars were anywhere from 160-260. I was taking 66 units of Basaglar insulin at night, 10mg of Glypizide twice a day, and 1000mg of Metformin twice a day.

After just 3 weeks of Ketosis I'm down to 52 units of Basaglar and cut my Glypizide to 5mg. My morning blood sugars are between 93-116 and fasting is usually between 80-96. Just amazing for 3 weeks! Every time I come down 2 units it just keeps on stabilizing and I come down two more.

I'm not missing carbs like I did at first. I also picked up coffee for the first time in my life. I put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder, and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream. It's glorious! lol

posted on Feb, 23 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

Wow that's awesome! Hopefully as you progress with Keto you will continue to be able to lower your meds or even get off of them.
I am a member of several Keto forums on FB. There are so many testimonies from folks like yourself that have reversed their type 2 and other illnesses that require medication.

Have you tried Bulletproof Coffee yet? I am a morning coffee drinker and thought I would really enjoy it but it was a bit to strong for me.

Also, if you are not on some supplements, you may want to check into it. I didn't start off this woe properly and my immune system and body got a little down after a few weeks.

Best of luck to you! Keep on ketoing on

posted on Feb, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Thank you, this is such a useful information

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
OK.....I am motivated.
Scale has been sliding the wrong way....just a bit....and I no longer have the excuse that it is winter and my body is in the hoarding mode.
Before it gets out of hand, and I have to buy now clothes......I have about 25 pounds to lose......

Started the day inputing my meals into FITDAY....that always helps me keepon track.

edit on Sun Mar 18 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I started Keto a week ago today. Started at 255.6 lbs now at 238.6lbs... this keto thing is intense and it actually works!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join