It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gas Shortage In The South: Get Some Gas!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So I live in North Ga, and stores have already run out of gas tonight, including Walmart, Kroger, BP, Shell. Our local paper is reporting that all stores will be out by morning. The initial reports say it will be 'at least a week' before the repairs are made to the Alabama pipeline break. I have been sitting here thinking about what that entails for us in the areas affected. I work for a Uhaul and Fedex location, without gas we cannot rent the trucks, I am curious if Fedex has a backup plan. Emergency vehicles would, I suppose, be priority for getting a supply to. US mail surely has a back up plan. I read that gas will be shipped to the south via ships coming out of New Jersey, also they lifted a ban on truckers limited hours to drive, so they can continuously truck gas into the south. From what I understand that means a limited supply will get into most areas. I have a feeling that people will lose their ever lovin minds over this if it goes on for more than a day or two. Today they were panicked already, getting rude and cutting in line, ect. I saw an old man drive over the trash can at Walmart to get to a pump in front of another car! The lines were long, and at that time they only had premium left. Instead of raising the price though they lowered it to match the price of unleaded. It was gone too in no time. In the morning, no gas will be in the whole of the county, and I imagine the same will be true as predicted, across the entire southeast. Think about that. No gas.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MayRenee

Its not as bad as you think. Although, what with the bomb in Manhattan and Jersey, its not a stretch to say this pipeline rupture is may be related?? Beware of terrorists , they are initiating a series of coordinated assaults it seems.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Guess I'll be topping off my gas tomorrow! I wonder how long it will be before you get gas again, as it is hurricane season and " Karl " could be coming your way or my way ( Florida ) and no gas means no one can evacuate ??!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=21259956]MayRenee[/post

One of my nephews was about to take a trip to North Carolina to finishing his move back to GA, at this point, he cannot get the gas to leave town, and if he could, he might not be able to get gas to come back, well, at least for a week. It is not a long time to go without gas, but it will upset the balance of everything.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Chill out, don't fall for the "get bread milk and Eggs" media spiel... the pipeline is supposed to back early next week... no need to deplete the supply on panic buying...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Remember post Katrina ? Same thing. Wait it out.
North Georgia as well.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

The maps show Florida not being affected by it at all. But you have to be able to get there first. wspa.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Lived through that in the 70's and early 2000s. People waited forever in downtown Atlanta but were patient and even friendly. Then in the early 2000s I was living in the suburbs when we had another severe gas shortage.

I lived a very affluent suburb with few gas stations-but they were beautifully landscaped-new attractive buildings. Oh, my gosh. There were huge lines with people outside their cars yelling, really yelling, about their place in line. Couldn't believe the panic-anger-fear-pure ugliness. I just turned my quarter tank around and went home and waited for a couple more days. Called in my inability to get gas and in a couple days it was over.

Purely ruined what I thought about my beautiful neighborhood. There were alot of people there that could care less about others. True me first kindergarten mentality.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

That's what I was thinking. A terrorist net could let each terrorist cell choose it's own method to attack, and then each one carries out its operation, as a group, but in different geographic locations.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

could be why I perceived a heightened sense of vigilance from security and patrolmen today at the mall with the fam. I was not aware about the Manhattan matter until about 9pm. The pipeline I read in passing, did not catch the significance. I hope the power and water stations are under proper scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I went through it as well in the 70's, I remember. But today people were anxious and angry and rude. We didn't even know our area was running out of gas , we just happened to go out to pick up some things and saw redbagged gas pumps everywhere. Pulled into walmart, and I was sitting close to Empty so I waited in line to get some. I was suprised to see that Walmart was selling their premium gas at the price of regular. But we heard they sold out right after we were there. When my husband left for his job tonight he stopped at the BP on his way, they were out, and the guy who owns the store was there saying he was told it would be at least 3 days before they will get more. I am cool with it al myself, I have a tankful and that will get me through the week, but others are freaking out.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I posted this before and most replies told me this would be a non issue ATS

Now, it is somewhat of an issue.
edit on 18-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I placed it under 'other current events'. It is a current event, lol. And we are feeling the pinch of it now around here. I am guessing that if we can't rent our trucks or get deliveries we will not open until we can. The store is closed tomorrow, we will see how Monday is looking when it gets here.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MayRenee

I placed it under 'other current events'. It is a current event, lol. And we are feeling the pinch of it now around here. I am guessing that if we can't rent our trucks or get deliveries we will not open until we can. The store is closed tomorrow, we will see how Monday is looking when it gets here.

I am not saying you are duplicating a thread. You are reporting what happened after.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

We just filled both our cars here in Atlanta-no one was there for gas. The price hiked up today from $2.15 to $2.39-so again price gouging. And that was at Flash Foods-the cheapie in town.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

That's what they wanted.... to jack folks for an extra .25 per gallon...

Thank the media

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

It is either a price gouge or a gas shortage. Do you know which one? I mean with certainty?

This hasn;t been in the media much. The only article I saw was on CNN money 2 days ago.

I just looked at cnn.com, it leads with the bomb. After that, absolutely everthing possible is on that page except: gasoline.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ahhh...the Headless Chicken Syndrome.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Ahhh...the Headless Chicken Syndrome.

What does that mean?

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

It's been all over the news around here in VA since yesterday... the big portion warning of shortage, and possible pumps going dry..... usually near the end, they say... the line should be back early next week...

I won't go so far as to start a CT that the leak was intentional to make some $$$ quickly before the next fiscal year...

but considering the low barrel oil price, who knows

top topics

<<   2 >>

join