It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend anxiety

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Make some soup with cartilageous soup bones or just have jello. The proline and glycine they have can raise dopamine levels and make you less anxious. Don't get the jello with aspartame though. It has to be the regular sugar one, preferrably one with cane sugar.

www.westonaprice.org...

Actually valproic acid actually raises proline level which cause elevations in dopamine. But you need to eat some glutamates or nothing will happen. You do not need much glutamate, just some. Any aged food will help.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Thanks rickymouse great info

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hello there

I feel your pain.

I feel like my anxiety is what defines me...

It is very physical, obviously mental as well, but the mental is so strong it manifests itself Into physical symptoms.

I have been to the ER about a dozen times, absolutely sure something must be wrong with my heart.

These days I fully understand my anxiety, but unfortunately I am no better off because I am now a drug addict. I take drugs to shut my brain the hell up and to kill the physical symptoms.

The most important thing I see here is the klonopin...or any other benzos.....It is so critical that you do not take those every day!

Maybe you don't, but I know they are so effective in shutting up anxiety that its a hard habit not to get into to.

Benzo dependancy, and the subsequent withdrawal syndrome is 1000X worse than the most debilitating anxiety. I promise you this.

I went through absolute HELL on earth getting off of my klonopin.

The withdrawals are like how we feel when we are on the edge of a panic attack, yet magnified exponentially....

If not done properly you can cause yourself serious harm....i won't get into it because you don't need to hear all that gloom....

As far as the antidepressants go, maybe it'll work for you, but I don't think ssris or similar drugs work for anxiety, maybe depression but not anxiety.......the way way they mess with your thoughts and feelings is the last thing an anxious person needs.

Plus antidepressants come with their own horrific withdrawals.

I have found the most effective medication is health......eat as healthy as humanly possible, and work out as hard as your body will allow....

Those two things naturally and harmlessly release the exact chemicals you need, the exact chemicals/neurotransmitters that those pills are meant to produce.....

Antidepressants may work for you.....i can't say, but I doubt it......it is a long shot, and benzodiazepines are extremely risky no matter who you are.

Benzos are miraculous in their ability to quell a panic attack, or high anxiety, but you have to be so careful with them......if you ever find yourself dosing every day like I did, you will regret it.

I am not at all trying to hijack your thread but I would like to link a couple of my own threads on this very subject.....only because, this is my life, I want to help you.....my mind is all over the place so Instead of rambling further ill just share with you my experiences with years of anxiety, and my experience with both benzos and antidepressants......

Thread about benzos,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 17-9-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

And the one about anxiety and meds....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Antwonzilla

I am not a doctor, but I think panic attacks happen to lots of people at one time or another.

This worked for someone I know. She said just to fall into it rather than fight it. Let yourself go as if you accept it and just allow yourself to fly with it. You're not going to die.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you have already developed a dependency to your k-pin just plan ahead

Make sure you don't run out, and maybe make a plan for a very gradual taper.....

That should save you so much trouble...

On the bright side, I was forced to quit, pretty much cold turkey, the worst of my symptoms were over in about 12-14 days.....and I never experienced the horror that other people have....

I think I am still in Post acute withdrawal as we speak, but I can function, and can honestly find optimism if I try.

My point is, you wont necessary go through hell because of klonopin, and I bet you can avoid hell completely with a well thought out taper plan.......

Ps: I would listen to Ricky mouse....healthy food and healthy lifestyle is 100% hands down the best medication available.....even if it feels impossible....it is not my friend

When I was 23 I was in the depths of my anxiety, now 29 I still have anxiety but I understand it, and it is far less threatening......i actually hardly have bad anxiety anymore....what sucks is I replaced my anxiety with depression and an energy crisis caused by recreational drug withdrawals.........Hardly outta the woods...but that's because I am am idiot....

ETA: Sorry..just read the entire thread...i see you plan on weaning off the benzos eventually...the best advice I can give is plan ahead so you don't run out prematurely.....

Also I should mention I abused the living hell outta mine and still quit cold turkey....(NOT A GOOD IDEA!) I had no choice....but I am still here.....so you will be ok
I feel confident In that

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Some of us have resentment (which means to relive painful moments from the past) and PTSD- Anxiety Depression and Aggression is the byproduct or mere symptom.

Plus the fact Not the healthiest society is telling you that you need to conform to this not so healthy society to be whole and ok.

I've had a lot of luck with EMDR- Your young and its common, it will calm down the older you get. Can be organic as well---testosterone dopamine serotonin etc.
edit on 17-9-2016 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I am not a doctor, but I think panic attacks happen to lots of people at one time or another.

This worked for someone I know. She said just to fall into it rather than fight it. Let yourself go as if you accept it and just allow yourself to fly with it. You're not going to die.

That's good advice....it may seem Impossible during a panic attack....i sure never had the mental strength to do that....

But you are absolutely correct.....you will not die....as soon as your breathing goes back to normal it all goes away.

I've had panic attacks so severe that my vocal cords seized up, along with my legs and hands....I literally could not walk or talk, or grab anything.....but as soon as my brain realized I was not having a heart attack, it all went away and I felt pretty happy.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

GoShred, practicing this falling into it worked for her. You're right. Once you realize you are not dying, just allow yourself to let yourself go and fall into it. It's hard to do at first, but once you do it a few times, the panic attacks become fewer and farther between.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Once again i wanna thank you all for the great advice i have been on benzos for at least two years 1mg klonopin im not sure what to expect when im ready to try an alternative route. I much prefer a more natural way and something that wont affect me in the future. Im not sure how the anti depressants will work as ive never taken them before. I do my best eat healthy and my job is pretty pyshical ive become much more tone and feel stronger since ive started 2 years ago
. Before i took medication i felt like i was dying constantly but now ive grown use to these feelings but still some daya are worse and medicine doesn't help. Ive had anxiety so bad i couldnt put a sentence together id tremble id scream, id feel like everything looked different or wasnt real, pretty crazy stuff your mind can do.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I understand completely where you are coming from and any more information on this is very great i dont see it as hijacking just sharing i really appreciate it all. I know im not going to die now so i just roll with the punches
edit on 17-9-2016 by Antwonzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

benzos for at least two years 1mg

That is good news!!!

1mg is significant for sure.

However....as I'm sure you know..

There are people.
..... who took fifteen mgs or more some days.....and for well over two years, and I assure you they came out of it with no permanent damage....i feel even more optimistic for ya! Especially since you are young
you got this...

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Ive had anxiety so bad i couldnt put a sentence together id tremble id scream, id feel like everything looked different or wasnt real, pretty crazy stuff your mind can

One day soon, you will look back at these times....and you will be a very strong person having lived it....

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I usually dont take more than 2mg a day maybe 3 depending on the day but thats on bad days.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I cannot wait for those days! Im tired of my heart pounding away and my bp being through the roof!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Benzos scare the crap out of me, but I think it's my only choice now.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Have you heard of Eckhart Tolle?

Please look at what is causing the fear in the body before going to get a drug for it.
Are you aware of your thoughts? Do you recognise that thoughts happen and they pretend future scenarios and replay past scenarios? It is like the thoughts are producing dramas and the body gets a download of anxiety.

Are you just being treated with drugs? Have you had any cognitive behaviour therapy?
Have you considered that anxiety could be something natural that all humans go through but not many go all the way because they get drugs to stop it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Im not the biggest fan either but it turns out we all have different choices we just have to decide when we are ready. For the mean time they keep me at a certain balance. Stay strong guy

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I have not had therapy (at least not yet) i think anxiety is something that does affect everybody at some point in their life but it's different living with it every single day. I havent taken medication for it until i was probably 20 or 21 ive dealt with it before hand on my own being miserable every day way worse than now.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Do you recognise that thoughts about you and how you are coping with life happen a lot?
I would say that taking drugs to 'cure' anxiety is not a good thing without observing thought - you must watch thoughts happen - and then you will see that they are what make the body full of fear.
Notice that thoughts are always showing you 'what is not happening' - if you can notice 'what is actually happening' - then that fear will lift away.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

If the drugs cured anxiety i wouldnt have to take them every day but i will watch your links thank you

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join