It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memory of Roxy

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
We lost our beloved dog, Roxy, this morning.

She was the best. Smart, loving, fun...and so, so good. She brought our family a lot of joy, over the years, and I cannot express, in words, how much I'll miss her.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm so sorry MME.

I read somewhere that pets have such short and loving lives compared to humans in order to teach us how to deal with death and life.

It helped me when my pets pass.

My sincere condolences for your loss of beautiful Roxy.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

thank you!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I am so sorry for your loss. I had a dog named Roxy, she passed in 2011. I still miss her bounding around and jumping on people...some people didn't like it and some people were amused. She was ridiculously happy and loving. I know exactly how you feel.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Big hugs, Mom.

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

The Rainbow Bridge

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
How sad, I'm so sorry for your loss. Looks like she had a good life, running with her human pack. Losing such a good loyal friend is about as tough as it gets, my heart goes out to you and your family.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I am truly sorry for your loss.

What a sweet and kind face! Your photo memories are beautiful.

Our Doxle was 15 in July and although he is in good health, I know the day is coming.

I take a lot of photos also!

I hope you find comfort in the joy she brought you and the love you shared for so many years.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I am so sorry, I would be sad too if I lost my doggie.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

so sorry for your loss...our pets love us unconditionally....(((((((((((((((((hugs )))))))))))))))) for you!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I am so sorry. It never gets any easier.

My thoughts are with you. Beloved pets are so tough to let go. But she won't go alone.

We'll be losing our Missy soon. She looks horrible, and we know this is her last summer. She's getting bald patches and she's starting to not act normal, so it's pretty much time. I'm just putting it off because I'm not ready. But it's pretty clear she is.

We were good with the looking bad part so long as she was acting like her old self, but her medicine can't keep up with her hyperthyroid anymore.

Roxy won't be crossing alone. And you an I can commiserate.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Oh, I'm so sorry! Roxy is a beautiful spirit! Big hugs to you... She had a nice, long life and was well-loved.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Roxy was blessed to have you as a guardian. While I offer you my deeply felt condolensces, know that she remains with you; her lifeforce lingering to offer you solace and comfort. She is very much with you from a different level.

Blessings and a tissue.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about Roxy. Roxy looked like a great companion and I really feel for you buddy. She looks like she had a great life and the memories are what you have to hold onto. Losing a beloved pet is really tough and it takes some time to heal. Posting on ATS was a good start because the community is there for you. In May I lost my dog Valentine and I posted here and I was amazed by the support I received. Again, I'm sorry for your loss..stay strong and keep Roxy in your thoughts. She lived a good life and she loved you very much. a reply to: MotherMayEye

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you for all the kind words here. They help, they're comforting. I needed to read them.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved family member!!!
She was a beautiful animal....

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Hugs. She was a pretty gal.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My heart is breaking for you. Such a sweet-looking face!

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So sorry to hear. Remember she is always with you. Also, to give yourself enough time to grieve.
edit on 17-9-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join