It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Idea to Combat Voter Fraud / E-voting shenanigans this Presidential Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I just had an idea to counter voter fraud which may take off. I am sure someone has already had the same idea.
It is for all those people that are voting in this US presidential election, and are unable to use paper ballots whether due to lack of oversight or political scheming, and are forced to use electronic machines.

I for one would never trust those, not after the Diebold/Bush scandals etc.

My idea is for everyone forced to use an electronic voting machine, to take a photo of the screenshot showing the candidate they chose, and post that screenshot online in a centralised twitter account for this 'project.' I do not believe these machines give you a receipt so isn't this a good idea?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
PS
And hell, maybe if you use a paper ballot this would be a good idea too. It is better than exit polls because you are the one controlling your data.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

It's been done in the past and was all over Facebook. It's banned in a couple of states because of people standing in the booth and finding THE right selfie - holding up the rest of us who just want to vote.

Court rulings are expected but honestly, who's going to sit there and count up millions of photos? And Twitter and other social media accounts are easily hacked and spoofed.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

My idea is for everyone forced to use an electronic voting machine, to take a photo of the screenshot showing the candidate they chose, and post that screenshot online in a centralised twitter account for this 'project.'

So. Do away with secret balloting.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
use a national electronic voting system.

trump should implement it

using your social security number - you are allowed to cast one vote per ssn...
it should be stored in a database by ssn... then you can look up your ssn and see if it was cast right
anyone who is deceased ssn should be removed
then illegals cant cast a vote

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I forget where in St. Louis, but it was discovered that for 15 cycles or so, there has been major voter fraud in the democrat primaries and general elections. Apparently some family has been submitting fake absentee ballots, which was the deciding factor in the elections wins for each of those family members.

Nice to see a democrat, finally admits of widespread voter fraud. I guess the Election Board was in on it as well.

State Rep. Penny Hubbard and her campaign coordinated an effort to submit unlawful absentee ballots to win their race for the party nomination for the 78th Missouri House District.

Fox 2

I think instead of adding more potentials for voter fraud, we address the current ones first.
edit on 16-9-2016 by GodEmperor because: content

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Not the worst idea I've ever heard. Although I'm sure like the poster below you said that they'll find some way for it to be banned ,due to taking up too much of their precious voter fraud time, or bad selfie laws lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My idea is not for Selfies it is for screenshots essentially. It wouldn't hold anyone up either.

a reply to: Byrd

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
First we would have to get the SSA and IRS to fix all the SSNs being used and stolen by illlegals and criminals.
a reply to: nobunaga

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I don't have a smart phone.
Now what? Can't vote?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Abolish this E-voting crap and just have the good old pen and paper vote. Problem solved.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't have a smart phone.
Now what? Can't vote?

Do you own a camera?

link   
unless people can see the database of votes and total it, we are still at the word of those who control it.

link   

Do I have to in order to vote?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Abolish this E-voting crap and just have the good old pen and paper vote. Problem solved.

But where is your record when they trash that areas ballots?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Do I have to in order to vote?

Of course not. Im saying I don't trust them to count them right so we should have backups.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So, if I'm not required to have a camera how does your plan help?

You want a person(s) to look at every image and determine who everyone voted for? Not very practical.

Digital images can be manipulated just as easily as anything else can.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It would be easier to give a receipt with votes. When ballots are secret, cameras are not allow in the poll place. Even if secrecy is lowered (special voter id number, not SSN), people wouldn't want the chance of being photographed while voting (might show ballot).

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So, if I'm not required to have a camera how does your plan help?

You want a person(s) to look at every image and determine who everyone voted for? Not very practical.

Digital images can be manipulated just as easily as anything else can.

If you take a picture on a digital device it has the code of that device built in so you know where it belongs like an IP address of sorts so you can limit it. I agree its not the most practical but its better than what is going on right now with no true accountability.

If you took a film photo on an older camera you could put your face in it. I don't know I am just sharing the idea I had. I had personal experience in the early 2000's election between Bush Jr, I think it was Obama, and Ron Paul with the e machine flipping my vote before my eyes.

Sorry I think it was Bush and Nader and Kerry but anyway it was my last election.
edit on 16/9/2016 by chris_stibrany because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

If you take a picture on a digital device it has the code of that device built in so you know where it belongs like an IP address of sorts so you can limit it
You seem to be talking about EXIF data. Easily manipulated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join