It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I started collecting comic book stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I found a weird hobby, i collect comic book stories.. I dont mean any special universe, i just go into a flea market, of a garage sale, even comic book stores and search for stories that been left behind.. And there are thousands..

Do anyone collect stories?

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

Wanna buy Amazing Spider-man #200-#350

Still need to fill in that 100-199 gap, but I'm running out of arms and legs.

edit on 15-9-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

How about the Underground Comix from the Hippie 60's by R. Crumb, Gilbert Shelton and others?

Zap
The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers

Fritz the Cat
Mr. Natural
Wonder Wart Hog
Harold Hedd
Dopin' Dan
Further Adventures of Jesus
Young Lust

There are dozens and dozens of those...all indicative of the hippie/alternative lifestyle of the 60's...music, pot, communes, lifestyles..
edit on 15-9-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I am a major fan of Marvel comics from the 90s. Punisher, Spiderman, Cable, X-Men, Venom, Carnage, so many great plotlines to follow. Guest appearances frequently, way better than anything you could find on TV.

When I was in high school I thought of making a website start selling some because I have many comics where i had 7 or 8 copies of the same one. It never happened though - they're all still sitting in my family's home in the middle of nowhere, untouched. When I get my own home I'll add them to the mancave to go along with the pool table and other fun manly stuff

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have a room dedicated to a certain comic book character(three guesses who). I have thousands and thousands of comics in my room and basement.(50,000+) lol

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Greetings-

Then You'd love Stanley Mouse, probably best known for Grateful Dead stuff but also did some Hot Rod type stuff. When I last saw Him He was living in Sonoma and working in His little shop.. He has some real great stories..

www.mousestudios.com...

I'm certain there were some real good ones mixed in with the baseball cards My Mom threw out..

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
that is not a weird hobby at all. i find people weird that don´t collect and read comics.

i enjoyed visiting that Stanley Mouse website thanks JimNasium

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

the whole Phoenix Saga from Xmen 101 to 137, especially the Dark Phoenix Saga. For me, it's the peak of comicdom.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Jim Starling Adam Warlock is a close second.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I have the first appearances of: Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Mystique, Deathstroke, Apocalypse, Lobo, Weapon X, Omega Red, The Hand, Misty Knight (first African American female hero), Black Cat, She hulk and some others I'm forgetting at the moment.

One of my favorite series is Shaolin Cowboy by Geoff Darrow. There isn't a whole lot of dialogue in that one but it is full of action and the detailed artwork style of Geoff Darrow is awesome.

I like anything with Frank Miller involved, he has such a dark gritty style. I always loved the punisher series and I'm looking forward to the Deadpool: Back in Black series coming out in October, in it the Venom symbiote attaches itself to Deadpool which equals total bad assery.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
I have the first appearances of: Deadpool, Cable, Domino, Mystique, Deathstroke, Apocalypse, Lobo, Weapon X, Omega Red, The Hand, Misty Knight (first African American female hero), Black Cat, She hulk and some others I'm forgetting at the moment.

One of my favorite series is Shaolin Cowboy by Geoff Darrow. There isn't a whole lot of dialogue in that one but it is full of action and the detailed artwork style of Geoff Darrow is awesome.

I like anything with Frank Miller involved, he has such a dark gritty style. I always loved the punisher series and I'm looking forward to the Deadpool: Back in Black series coming out in October, in it the Venom symbiote attaches itself to Deadpool which equals total bad assery.

What are your thoughts on cameos as first appearances, or magazine style comics? I only ask because 1st appearance of Apolcalypse is X-Factor, but cameo was revealed as Marvel Graphic Novel, The Living Monolith.
Also, Rocket Raccoon is first in Marvel Preview #7 but lots of people only view his appearance in The Hulk as first appearance because magazine style appearances don't count(?). Those same people want Marvel Preview #4 for the first appearance of Star Lord though!

Anyone can weigh in here, I just find it funny how fickle and weird the hobby gets when it comes to first appearances.

Walking Dead was previewed in Capes, before it was anywhere else too.

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Cool..Comics were a complete accident for me..introduced I guess primarily as trading fodder, I got pretty addicted at a young age..I remember riding my bmx to the pharmacy, which was indeed outside of my boundaries, it was sunny Saturday morning..had to be, any who, walk in, didn't even think about chaining up my bike or leaving my backpack outside..just leaned it against the wall and walked right in, everything was clean, sparkly, heck it was Saturday morning. Cartoons were over, my action figures were resting in their tackle box with all the equipment parked…sorry..comics..Yea it was very clean and sunny in the pharmacy, where I had gone to maybe get a soda..so Im walking through the shop.and there's this rack of comics..not dusty ones in a flea market box that were like old ghost stories or Seargent Rock..these were new. Brand new..what are these?

Thats when I met The Wolverine. It was Punisher War Journal number 7. I absolutely bought it. My first comic of a collection that I ended up trading off to..nevermind..I buy my kids comics now, though its not really magic for them like it was for me..It reminds me of my collection and its demise..another story I would only share with members here.

new topics

top topics

join