It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trigana Air Service 737 slippy slides off runway..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Caught this on FB couple days ago..
Will have to wait to hear what happened but it looked spectacular...www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not the first time this Air Cargo service has had serious incidents.
edit on 14-9-2016 by Blackfinger because: Fixed link..

edit on 14-9-2016 by Blackfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

According to early reports the left main collapsed on landing, one of the mains ended up ripping off the aircraft and was found on the runway.
edit on 9/14/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Why is that jet in the beginning also half parked onto the grass?? I am not so certain that that is a preventative safety protocol for this situation. Was the people in the tower still hungover or something? Or perhaps the pilot himself.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There's a taxiway there that goes onto the runway. It's just hard to see because the grass area is slightly higher than it is.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I also found weird that plane standing on the grass and this engine sound... - but I was really suprised by the sliding one.

Good that all ends without fatalities.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

That's a 737-200, which uses the JT8D engine. It's quite loud compared to newer engines.

This is the airport chart. He was sitting on one of the taxiways.

edit on 9/14/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We are lucky that it doesn't explode due to hit. A lot of cargo-fuel on the board.

More photos of the crash

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

The fuel was in containers inside the fuselage. As long as there was no post crash fire, there was very little chance of it exploding.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Sure but due to powerfull hit or sparks it could get fire and explode. I am wonder about causes of the crash or its just another pilots failure.

One comment make me very stunned. About the size of the wheel, one looks smaller than another.

Profiles (lines on the wheel) looks different for sure.

edit on Wed, 14 Sep 2016 22:56:34 -0500America/Chicago345614America/Chicago9302016f by residentofearth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The fuel in the cargo hold that it was carrying would have been in containers. The container would have had to break open and allow vapor to leak into the cargo hold. Then the fuselage would have had to have been breached, and a spark to occur. The odds of that happening with an accident like this are so remote it's not funny. The aircraft tanks weren't even in danger of rupturing.

The wheels look different sizes because of the odd angle of the picture.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Maybe its too late but these wheels looks weird for me and its not about the angle. Its about profiles and heights of the wheels.
I've been looking on other 737-300 wheels photos and none of them had the same 'odd angle' or different profiles. Just IMO.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

None of them were ripped off the aircraft, and laying on the runway, with the picture taken at the same angle either, I'd bet.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Oh I see now. The landscapers are going to have to pick up the pace here then. Grass that high clearly violates the HOA rules on manicured lawns

Also in regards to the wheel, I also figured that it was just an angle issue. But the lines of the treading seem to not match at all. Can this have any consequence on operations over time at all??

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Only on tire wear. It shouldn't affect the aircraft at all.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In regards to the seperated undercarriage and the different tread pattern its not an issue and very common. Sometimes operators have to mix wheels from different tire manufacturers due to nil stock of their proffered one. Occasionally you may need to borrow a wheel from another operator if you are away from your main base and one needs replacing to get home. I have double checked various web images of early model 737's and they all appear to have inboard and outboard wheels of the same dimension, certainly I can vouch that later models do having changed a few myself. The only difference is the wheel cover that is fixed onto the outboard wheel as an aerodynamic fairing.

LEE

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Looks like it broke off in the wheel well support structure,not the landing gear itself...

top topics

join