It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DC12016] Tail troubles

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

She is an adolescent dragon with a knack for tripping over her tail during take off and landing. She is determined to keep her tail out of the way this time.

I used mix medium. The canvas was cut from a sheet of clay. The outside frame included black acrylic paint and wood stain. For the rest, a combination of acrylic paint and eyeshadow was used.
edit on 9/14/2016 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Oh how cool! I really love this! I have to take a look at the other entries, I've just been so busy lately.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Your work is beautiful!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

How darlin'! This is the first time I've ever heard of someone doing the same thing I do...use MAKEUP (eyeshadow) in their work! I absolutely love it for the wonderful shades you can find. Works perfectly on paper and wood too!

If you have more to show, please do!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Nice work. That is really adorable!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Kudos for using eyeshadow in such a creative way!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
So cute!

Don't be mad if you already know this....but be sure and clear coat it to seal the eyeshadow in. The acrylic and everything else should be fine but the powder pigment is very delicate and will rub off in no time.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Now that my computer is fixed... Thanks, everyone.

I haven't tried eyeshadow on any of my wood projects yet, I am excited to try that now. I have other pieces I will post soon. I was working on a dragon sculpture when the contest was announced. Sadley, that didn't qualify.

One can never be mad for helpful advice. I just adore your work.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Sometimes shiny or iridescent surfaces lose their sheen when you clear coat (such as copper leaf) if that happens, you just have to reapply and pray it stays on. Lol! I use actual blush and eye shadow on my doll faces:

You can get clear coat in a spray can, and you can get glossy or flat. I use flat for the dolls because it looks more natural on the fabric. So you can decide if you want a shiny surface or not on your finished product. If your art piece is small you can use clear fingernail polish as well for a very durable top coat. And since you do sculptures you may want to check out UV activated resin. It's expensive and works best in small amounts, but it's really rad! You can find it in jewelry making supplies.

edit on 17-9-2016 by ladyvalkyrie because: pic waaay to big! replaced with thumbnail

top topics

join