It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is religion the conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So this is my first big post on any subject, I realise some people will have postulated the same theory as me before but this is my own thoughts, I appreciate all feedback, but please be gentle on me I’m almost a virgin poster 

I believe that religion, all religion, is a conspiracy. To understand why I believe this we need to look at three subjects which all form the triumvirate that allows the conspiracy to work:

• God or a superior being
• Religion
• The human race

God or a superior being

I firmly believe that a god or supreme being was responsible for the creation of our universe. I would expect any reasonable person to ask a load of questions just from that statement alone, I’ll have hopefully pre-empted some here:

1. Why do I believe the universe was created by a supreme or intelligent being?
a. Quite simply because I don’t believe the laws that makes the universe happened by accident, they aren’t simple enough to be natural. I realise that’s a sketchy answer and could probably be blown away, however, I have a degree is physics, If I believe this then many, many more will easily believe it which will lead nicely on to “the human race”
2. Who or what created the “supreme being”, when, how, for what purpose and where are they now?
a. Honestly, I have no idea, anything I answered here would be conjecture and guesswork, and therefore, no better than “religion”

Religion

For me this is the easy one, religion is a tool used by the few to subjugate the many since the dawn of time. If you look at a history of religions, you can see a common theme:

Extraordinary birth
One parent mortal, the other a god
Simple life
Miraculous adulthood
Selfless death
Religion allows the exertion of force on the masses by a select few, and this is even easier when the masses group together for worship, you only have to look at football, baseball, soccer, rugby etc to see this in operation to a lesser extent.

The human race
So what makes all of this a conspiracy, well I believe that as a race we have a need to believe in a higher power, its difficult for us to accept we are not special in the universe and that life probably doesn’t exist after death in the fashion that the major religions tell us. This makes it easy for the few to coral people into little pockets of religion that are made to suit their core beliefs, and as beliefs change and become more complex so do number and type of religions.

As a race we will readily accept a definition of god and/or religion defined by one man or a few men, they set rules that god demands we must obey, me must adhere to days which are holy, and give money to “the church” on those days, but we have no say over the running of these religions at the highest levels. Who thinks religions sound like government without the normal election process that allows us to exercise what’s left of our free will?

So, I realise this is maybe a bit light on content, but I wanted to keep it punchy and not boring. Comments welcome.

edit on 13-9-2016 by bobsa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bobsa

Religion allows the exertion of force on the masses by a select few, and this is even easier when the masses group together for worship, you only have to look at football, baseball, soccer, rugby etc to see this in operation to a lesser extent.

Nice comparison. Sports, the other opiate of the masses.

You're seeing clearly enough. Organized Religion, like Nationalism, is a useful tool employed by the State.

For God and Country.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I would like to separate spiritual experience and religion since some people are spiritual (play around with energetic body states, are in bliss mode, play around with low level telepathy/synchronicity and out of body)

If we take energetic body state to mean "the anointment" then there are tools for a soul to achieve that regardless if you have one religion or another.

You could create a scientific theory that included quantum entanglement to explained how it is manifested if people wanted to.

Some people are further down the rabbit hole than others.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Yes yes yesssss! I'm with you on this. I haven't gone so far to call it a conspiracy, but I used the term "distraction." These systems want you to give yourself over to another "higher" power. In essence, to give your power away. To make you believe you need to be dependent upon a higher power. To make you believe you are lower, unworthy, incomplete, broken. Lies for us to believe, so we break ourselves down.

I also began seeing that religion and anti-religion? (like satanists/christianty) are really the same, too. I liken it to one group fueling both/opposite sides of the war. Well, if you don't like this system, how about joining the anti-system? Give yourself over to that side instead. Either way, I find there are many systems that want you to give over your power/ your being/ your time, thoughts, energy, etc. So whether you're for the "good" side or the "bad" side, you've chosen a side and fallen to a belief that there is power "higher" than yourself.

I definitely see the common themes in all religion, which often leads people to think they're all on the right track. Which is somewhat true. I think there are grains of truth in all religions, but none is the ONLY way, and probably that none is even the "right" way.

For a final note, I believe that "God" and the "Devil" exist, but I do not believe they are the ultimate/infinite/initial creators of the universe. I somewhat want to expand on that thought, but think I will leave off here to keep this response "short."

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
I would like to separate spiritual experience and religion since some people are spiritual (play around with energetic body states, are in bliss mode, play around with low level telepathy/synchronicity and out of body)

If we take energetic body state to mean "the anointment" then there are tools for a soul to achieve that regardless if you have one religion or another.

You could create a scientific theory that included quantum entanglement to explained how it is manifested if people wanted to.

Some people are further down the rabbit hole than others.

I get what your saying, and you know there is a but coming, but, I don't believe energetic states, telepathy or telekinetic abilities are anything to do with religion or god either. They are a natural extension or evolution of our typical senses, I think they mostly can be explained by the physical science, your example of quantum entanglement being a good one.

As a society we need to start reclassifying qualities attributed as being of the divine and explaining them with and categorising them as science.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yes in so much of a way that when we place someone (a person alive) between us and God we make it a religion and give that person authority over us
True faith is when people believe the same thing, we see them as equals who we help build up, share and care about, they do likewise to us

That's faith, religion, all religion, when we hand our spiritual authority to others is a conspiracy, but not, it's well known and well organised

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheForgetting

Yes yes yesssss! I'm with you on this. I haven't gone so far to call it a conspiracy, but I used the term "distraction." These systems want you to give yourself over to another "higher" power. In essence, to give your power away. To make you believe you need to be dependent upon a higher power. To make you believe you are lower, unworthy, incomplete, broken. Lies for us to believe, so we break ourselves down.

I also began seeing that religion and anti-religion? (like satanists/christianty) are really the same, too. I liken it to one group fueling both/opposite sides of the war. Well, if you don't like this system, how about joining the anti-system? Give yourself over to that side instead. Either way, I find there are many systems that want you to give over your power/ your being/ your time, thoughts, energy, etc. So whether you're for the "good" side or the "bad" side, you've chosen a side and fallen to a belief that there is power "higher" than yourself.

I definitely see the common themes in all religion, which often leads people to think they're all on the right track. Which is somewhat true. I think there are grains of truth in all religions, but none is the ONLY way, and probably that none is even the "right" way.

For a final note, I believe that "God" and the "Devil" exist, but I do not believe they are the ultimate/infinite/initial creators of the universe. I somewhat want to expand on that thought, but think I will leave off here to keep this response "short."

You're spot on, and actually I think you can take it a wee bit further and say that almost everyone can be placed into four main categories:

1. people from a poor or relatively basic education system who's religion is god based or man made, for example Football as a means of giving them hope beyond their means
2. people who are affluent and/or educated who believe in a higher power who has provided their place in society
3. people who are affluent and/or educated who don't believe in a higher power but use a man made religion as their place of worship, for example, sports or more likely a need to have power, be the best, have the most etc
4. people who believe in only themselves and have no inclination to believe in anything beyond what they can touch and smell and see.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Religion is a tool. Always has been always will be. But a tool can have many purposes. Perhaps some that weren't the initial intent.

Religion, I feel was never meant to become... what it did. It's ran and controlled by man therefore corruption was inevitable. I think religion as a whole has a much more innocent original intention than some tend to believe.

When thinking about religion you must understand the time period many of them began. an illiterate, backward society needed quelling. True or not in it's teachings, religion held a purpose of control. Which again, considering the time, wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm a firm believer in a higher power. I'm also a firm believe that, in the every day world, religion is a fine thing. What I struggle with is the broader issues of organised religion. The wars it has caused and the progression it has halted.

I'm both happy and sad to be growing up in a world that is losing touch with Religion.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobsa

originally posted by: TheForgetting

You're spot on, and actually I think you can take it a wee bit further and say that almost everyone can be placed into four main categories:

1. people from a poor or relatively basic education system who's religion is god based or man made, for example Football as a means of giving them hope beyond their means
2. people who are affluent and/or educated who believe in a higher power who has provided their place in society
3. people who are affluent and/or educated who don't believe in a higher power but use a man made religion as their place of worship, for example, sports or more likely a need to have power, be the best, have the most etc
4. people who believe in only themselves and have no inclination to believe in anything beyond what they can touch and smell and see.

I think you can expand it more. I don't think I fit into any of those categories, really. I certainly believe in more than myself, but am not a member of any religious system. I do believe in the soul and that it will go on after death, but I do not put my faith in the jealous "God" that is needed to save our souls. As stated before, I believe this "entity" (use the word loosely) exists, but I do not put my faith in it and do not believe it is the end-all be-all that is worthy of worship and self-sacrifice.

I know there are other people similar to myself but I wouldn't think most would have the SAME beliefs as myself. Generally speaking, they would call themselves spiritual, believe in a soul/life after death, but do not subscribe to a religion or follow set protocols/ rituals/rules.

3.5 people of all walks of life who are spiritually inclined outside of the religious system.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I've heard Marx's quote so often, that religion is the opium of the people, and upon looking it up right now was surprised to read the preceeding lines:
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people. The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is the demand for their real happiness." -Marx
But if religion makes people genuinely happy (much more so than the Bolsheviks ever did), then what is the problem?

I agree with the above post that powerful people will always try to manipulate anything to their advantage. They harvest the spoils and spoil everything they touch in the process.

So I wouldn't confuse the religious with the powerful that attempt to exploit it-- I've found that certain ruling classes want a sort of religion, but not the purest form of it-- a personal relationship with one's creator, and the certainty that there is a greater good than the state, which in my mind provides a tremendous amount of personal freedom and supersedes the control of the state and the notion of individual control.
edit on 13-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't think religion is exclusively conspiratorial. I imagine it started from stories parents would tell their children.

Key part of the video: It's not enough to tell your children to be good to each other, you also have to say: and I'll be watching.

While I certainly think religions have been used and manipulated at times, I think they're mainly an aspect of people's culture; something that can't be completely controlled. And I don't think religion is entirely a bad thing. It can be a good way for a community to bond and share teachings. Unfortunately most people who subscribe to religion don't really get into it. Is a Christian who hasn't read the Bible, and thinks a church is a building, really a Christian? If you think that kind of religion is something the world would be better off without, I'm with you. If people meet to discuss issues and help each other, good for them.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is a MASSIVE conspiracy surrounding religion.

TPTB use religion as a tool with a stealth agenda.

Like the sig quote says:

religions destroy spirituality... ~ Michael Ellner

Satan hides behind a robe of religion and masquerades as God in order to turn people AWAY from the truth and away from God.

This is why the very LAST place you want to go to find truth is religion itself...

Religion will NEVER tell you the TRUTH...

Religion is a counterfeit, but counterfeits always point towards a genuine.

Whenever you have a genuine, there will ALWAYS be a counterfeit.

Counterfeits can only succeed when they appear to be identical to the real thing.

The hidden agenda behind FALSE Religion is to destroy spirituality and cause people to hate God.

The root of the word religion means (re)connect with God.

The agenda behind false religion is to keep you disconnected from God.

Religion is used to do the exact OPPOSITE of what it should do...

Religion was created to HIDE the truth from you about God.

Behind religion stands the father of ALL lies.

This is why religion ALWAYS lies.

Of course there will always be some truth or no one would ever fall for it.

Rat poison works the same way.

Jesus OPPOSED religion and religious people hated Him.

Now, passing counterfeit money is a crime, causing inconvenience, loss and disappointment to the victim. But counterfeit religion is even worse. It’s deceptive, because it looks so much like the real thing. But sooner or later, it will catch up with the person who tries to pass it off as genuine religion. And when that happens, people get hurt; especially the people who know genuine religion. They often get turned off on all religion, and want nothing more to do with it.

Counterfeit or Genuine

When the Secret Service trains its members to recognize counterfeit money, they begin by studying and learning the genuine article. They study in great detail all of its protections, its paper and markings, and the very smallest details to ensure they know the “real thing” better than anything. A bank teller deals with money all day long and he or she can get a good feel of the currency and know the “real thing” from experience and handling the bills on a daily basis.

We begin by finding the genuine article by looking at the name…one that honors its founder and creator. As Christ pointed out to Peter, in Matthew 16:18, Christ is the founder…any other is an imposter/man-made/counterfeit.

Counterfeit Religion

edit on 9.13.2016 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Religion is the biggest pyramid scheme ever!

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

If you define conspiracy as two or more people with the common goal of manipulating someone or something then religion is definitely the grandest conspiracy of all time. People want God and people provide the settings at first wanting nothing in return but to "enlighten" you. It feels good.

It's the same effect as drugs on the brain, producing a high like feeling and sense of well being and some friends. If you are one of these people who enjoys religion I find it understandable that you seek God but he doesn't need your money and preachers get paid.

That makes it a career and one that comes with admiration and easy money, a potent lethal mix not too many can do without being general scumbags who just don't want to work and love admiration. Hell who wouldn't want a job that takes up little time, doesn't involve labor and gets you instant respect? Most preachers are in it for the money and don't give a damn about saving souls and are trained liars given ready made answers before you ever take the pulpit the first time.

And it's a scam. Nobody needed to die so everyone can go to heaven you could just go. It's ridiculous to think that murder remedies sin eternally and the murdered guy was God and His Son so his own Son and he has a Spirit too that makes 1 triple God mess of a belief system and is pagan but hates pagans and calls Islam pagan when they actually have only 1 God and it's 1/3 of the Christian God.

Wacky.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Have you been lurking for 11 years? 😂😂

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

So this is my first big post on any subject, I realise some people will have postulated the same theory as me before but this is my own thoughts, I appreciate all feedback, but please be gentle on me I’m almost a virgin poster 

I believe that religion, all religion, is a conspiracy. To understand why I believe this we need to look at three subjects which all form the triumvirate that allows the conspiracy to work:

• God or a superior being
• Religion
• The human race

God or a superior being

I firmly believe that a god or supreme being was responsible for the creation of our universe. I would expect any reasonable person to ask a load of questions just from that statement alone, I’ll have hopefully pre-empted some here:

1. Why do I believe the universe was created by a supreme or intelligent being?
a. Quite simply because I don’t believe the laws that makes the universe happened by accident, they aren’t simple enough to be natural. I realise that’s a sketchy answer and could probably be blown away, however, I have a degree is physics, If I believe this then many, many more will easily believe it which will lead nicely on to “the human race”
2. Who or what created the “supreme being”, when, how, for what purpose and where are they now?
a. Honestly, I have no idea, anything I answered here would be conjecture and guesswork, and therefore, no better than “religion”

Religion

For me this is the easy one, religion is a tool used by the few to subjugate the many since the dawn of time. If you look at a history of religions, you can see a common theme:

Extraordinary birth
One parent mortal, the other a god
Simple life
Miraculous adulthood
Selfless death

The human race
So what makes all of this a conspiracy, well I believe that as a race we have a need to believe in a higher power, its difficult for us to accept we are not special in the universe and that life probably doesn’t exist after death in the fashion that the major religions tell us. This makes it easy for the few to coral people into little pockets of religion that are made to suit their core beliefs, and as beliefs change and become more complex so do number and type of religions.

As a race we will readily accept a definition of god and/or religion defined by one man or a few men, they set rules that god demands we must obey, me must adhere to days which are holy, and give money to “the church” on those days, but we have no say over the running of these religions at the highest levels. Who thinks religions sound like government without the normal election process that allows us to exercise what’s left of our free will?

So, I realise this is maybe a bit light on content, but I wanted to keep it punchy and not boring. Comments welcome.

Absolutely it is. It's why it causes so much duality and division. If "God" actually had a hand in the Bible or any religion, it wouldn't cause so much of the above. Plain and simple. If we're just going to talk about Christianity, then just take an objective look at how many disillusioned people there are that have realized it's contradictions. I'm not familiar with any other religion, since I was a Christian for many years. But, I do see how religions pit themselves against one another, and it even occurs between those who profess themselves Christians.
Spirituality however, is different.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Negative. Our ancestors were closer to the start and the truth than we. While people supporting theories of evolution claim they were "primitive" beliefs, which is paradoxical considering evolutionists call themselves monkeys, such beliefs were originated from a once pure source. That source was eventually exploited and twisted by wicked selfish humans intent on making decent buck and having control over the masses. This led to added disdain to people whom didn't like the thought of God anyways because they enjoyed their own pleasures rather than the standards of another authority. So they passed on for mostly the last few generations that religion is bad and scientific "theories" are truth over empirical science. Remember the fundamentals of secular science. Non-living matter can not turn into living matter (e.g. Luis Pasteur). Thanks to that guy you can go buy your milk and cheese safely at the store. He must've been smarter than you. If living matter needs a living catalyst, then clearly logic states a living source sparked our existence. And by the intelligent purposeful design throughout earths nature, we see this.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

LOL, I've replied to a few posts but to be honest, yeah, been a bit of a lurker.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

wow... you should get a medal or something

Lurker supreme!

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

a reply to: NOTurTypical

LOL, I've replied to a few posts but to be honest, yeah, been a bit of a lurker.

Haha, I'm teasing you, welcome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join