It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bit of advice would be welcomed here if anyone could help.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So are you enemies of each other? From the looks of it you have been around for sometime. Inside jokes or passive/aggressive banter long time between you 2?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I understand the need for validation of your work from others, I don't think it is insecurity. Every craftsmen from the literary to woodworker secretly enjoys a compliment after putting their heart and soul into any endeavor.

Don't let the lack of flags or stars stop you from doing what you enjoy. Also it seems the off topic crowd is willing to give more feedback . Post them as rants...lol.

Provocative titles also help draw views although I find it distasteful I've seen it work for others..

Also drop by the shed there is a real community here, if you engage them, they will be more inclined to read what you post.

Good luck friend,

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: austincitylights

Hi Austincitylights. Sent you a PM. Click on white envelope in upper right corner of page.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: intrptr

The site is recently overwhelmed with short stories and poems mostly from the same few members. Sorry to miss yours. I kinda burned out on it in general.

Exactly. Few of us come by ATS for poetry. A joke maybe, but not poetry...or the typical short story that usually lacks.

I get enough story in the news. Whats with the flood of that here anyway?? People that desperately need attention from total strangers?

Or shovel by shovel, burying the site under a ton of... 'stuff'.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: austincitylights

So are you enemies of each other? From the looks of it you have been around for sometime. Inside jokes or passive/aggressive banter long time between you 2?

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So are you enemies of each other?

Nah, I like the Cowboy. If you ever need help on how to collect and keep hostages in your basement he's your guy.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

We were conjoined twins until the operation.

I won't begin to tell you what he got and what I got.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You might like some of Peter Dale Scott's poetry as he is very much into the alternative world view . www.peterdalescott.net... He understands JFK and 911 along with activism within the politic .Maybe a few pointers might help you to turn the corner , so to speak .

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Thank you for your advice and what is the shed, Meathead?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Thank you for your advice and what is the shed, Meathead?

The Shed is a thread where sorcery and witchcraft are openly practiced and is now lead by Nightstar, who weighs as much as a duck, and who eliminated the previous Shed manager several months back.

edit on 12-9-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because a demon stole it

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You are obviously a long time member and perhaps a bit cynical. Are you one of those that crave negative attention? I am a bit surprised by your lack of empathy on this matter. All because I dared to write some poetry and asked for advice?

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I will check it out, thank you!

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ignore the cranky people, they are dull.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
The Shed and your relationship issues with that other guy.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

No worries.

Just don't let Nightstar offer you anything to eat.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No need to, I have already surmised, he got the brains and the looks and you got the other parts.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Sorry had a busy firewood day,
Augustus gave you the link to the shed.
Stop in say hi!

~meathead

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

You are obviously a long time member and perhaps a bit cynical. Are you one of those that crave negative attention? I am a bit surprised by your lack of empathy on this matter. All because I dared to write some poetry and asked for advice?

Not directed at you at all. I was directing my comment at your comment about the way other members seem to tear each other up. Its all 'good fun'. You'll get used to who they are. A little while longer and you'll either (god forbid) become like them, or just steer clear.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That was disturbing.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
That was disturbing.

Imagine the sight that inspired that.

new topics

top topics