It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Australians view of the US elections .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The reason for this thread is only because every time i go to ATS the place is swamped with US election threads so i thought whats one more . Happily there are only 57 days to go before the madness ends . countdown.onlineclock.net... Sa . This is an outsiders view , essentially an Australians view . To start , well to start off you have one candidate who seems to be out of touch with the common person
( deplorables ) and the other is out of touch with reality (giant wall ) . Lets address Hillary first . This is only an opinion but your system kind of sucks , last election only 54.9% of the eligible voters actually voted . en.wikipedia.org... Hillary doesn't care about the deplorables as most will never ever turn up to vote , it is that simple . But as i said it is an outsider view , dont flame me . Donald on the other hand at times seems to be out of touch with reality . For instance his wall . Apparently it is going to be 50 foot high and 5 foot deep . I guess a six foot deep tunnel wont get around that , and as for Mexico paying for it , well that is not going to happen i suspect . I know my views are simplistic but they are what they are , you have quite the conundrum America , and sadly your system seemingly has no easy way of replacing a really bad president during his/her term , although , i may be wrong on that . But , The really frightening thing is this . www.usdebtclock.org...# Has either candidate addressed this , and by addressing i mean giving a real plan of attack . Your debt is of concern , if your country goes down the tube , mine and many more will go down with you . To sum up . hmmm , Trump gets my vote and only because there is no 3rd choice . Once again its an opinion . Good luck America .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
As an Australian, you need to work that into a readable format.

What are your points. What are your thoughts. it's all rambling.

Put the VB down and fix it.

And regardless of your stance, don't say you represent all Australians..

Thats a LOT of stuff to assume...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
but hey, I don't think I completely disagree. just took some squinty eyes focus.

No doubt your post wont go over well, the anti trumpets here are loud and repetitive...

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

As an Australian it is my god given right to butcher the English language .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

As for it not going over well . hmmm disconnect button still works . Also i said an Australians view not Australia's .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
As an Aussie also, the most important thing is democracy.

Regardless who wins as long as the vote's are counted that's all that really matters.

As long as slightly under half the people are unhappy I would consider that a success.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar
You really think that is a success .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

It's hard to believe these two are the best America has to offer.

Is it bad that I'm hoping for Trump to win it, just to see the shenanigans that will ensue...?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I too lean towards Trump not that i can vote . Sadly the US elections are almost the world elections . Who do you want with the launch codes , Hillary not .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Why do you feel you have a vested interest in what happens in the US?

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Agreed. Honestly as far as candidates go both of them are the absolute worst. Hillary is about as crooked as it gets, and Donald is about as appealing as a sack of rocks. And about as smart as one. The only way he gets away with lying so much is because he lies so often that people are utterly desensitized to it. Another false statement? Thats just Donny being Donny! Let's not get it twisted, though, Clinton's lies are just as bad! Theres bucket's of evidence that she flat out broke the law, but thats ok! The feds won't investigate because she's Hillary!

My choice is neither.

I will sit back with you and watch the carnival for a while. Theres going to be some serious, serious stuff coming down the pipe with Tiny Hands Trump manning the captains chair. I'll bring the popcorn... and the beer.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Why do you feel you have a vested interest in what happens in the US?

Did you really ask that . We have followed the US in nearly every armed conflict since Korea . Not to mention if the US financial system collapses the Australian one will once again follow . Your leaders to a high degree determines how my country functions .

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Absolutely, Republicans have been pissed for 8 years.
Hopefully it's the Democrats turn now.

The alternative is North Korea where everyone is happy.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

The alternative is North Korea where everyone is happy.

Ahh lil kimmy , a country where sugar trades higher than the the dollar .
edit on 11-9-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Hey, alls good mate, you said your piece and I give Kudos for doing so.

I also get tired of wading through the political stuff to find some good reading. It's desperate mate,,,I,I,I, even read through.....Aircraft Projects.

But when I look at it from my perspective in Aussie. We're in no better situation. Try explaining our political forum over the last six years to a septic.

Gotta laugh mate. Good job you posted.

My kind regards from the north coast NSW.

Bally.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I know the obvious answers. I meant for my question to be more reflective of your circumstances.

Why would you let your own country be so dependant on another?

We're all dealing with poor leadership. Yet I don't find myself worrying about your next election.
edit on 11-9-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
As a political junkie, i am disgusted in myself for booking a cruise leaving 2 days before the election.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It mainly comes down to our defense strategy I think.

I'm not sure of our actual policy with the states however I'm pretty sure swallowing is included somewhere.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
As a political junkie, i am disgusted in myself for booking a cruise leaving 2 days before the election.

Don't blame you.

No better time to "jump ship"

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Why would you let your own country be so dependant on another?

Australia does not manufacture much for export , we basically export raw materials then buy it back for ten times the price as a finished product . To be fair the US only ranks 3 behind China and Japan as trading partners but we rely pretty heavily upon them for security . If the US were to totally collapse my grand kids might grow up speaking Indonesian .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join