It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first brain prosthesis revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This article suits the new forum excellent:

The world's first brain prosthesis - an artificial hippocampus - is about to be tested in California. Unlike devices like cochlear implants, which merely stimulate brain activity, this silicon chip implant will perform the same processes as the damaged part of the brain it is replacing.

www.newscientist.com...

it said it could help people who suffer(ed) from brain damage due to stroke, epilepsy or Alzheimer's disease. Pretty amazing

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder how much that baby costs.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmmm... brain implants for beaurecrats.... wonder if it would increase intelligence?

posted on Jun, 22 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm getting truly blown away with the advancements in medical science these days, and this is a landmark piece of kit.

fantastic!

posted on Jun, 23 2003 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Cyborgs are but a day away at this pace! I think of the great things we can accomplish when we make advancements like this... then I look to the dark side... it would be SOOOOOO easy to control people with this contraption, you could do it and they'd never know.

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 12:20 AM
link   
There is some evidence that, that is exactly what "They" intend on doing.......

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
with one of these implants, who answers "Does not compute!" is getting one square in the nose....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
maybe when i'm like 30, i could get my brain replaced with a machina brain, and live forever!!!

lol

that's very good that these people will be helped, i hope it all works out. my grandpa had alzheimers, it was sad.....

posted on Jun, 24 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Does this remind anyone of newspeak in the book 1984?

Controlling the thoughts of the people by eroding how they think the bad ones.

new topics

top topics

join