It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death in the ring and 10 seconds of beaming light.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Standing at 6'4" with an 80" reach on his left arm, 18 year old Luther McCarty was labelled as Boxing's next 'Great White Hope'
An American of Irish Descent McCarty destroyed his opponent in his debut fight with a 2 round knockout.

On New Years day 1913 McCarty becomes the heavyweight champion of the world, defeating Al Palzer by TKO in the 18th round.

On May 24th 1913 McCarty was to fight Arthur Pelkey at Tommy Burns Arena in Alberta, Calgary. A crowd of 6,000 were in attendance. Before the fight a local minister made an announcement to the crowd.

“I know you men are going to help us buy a bell for our church. Your silver tokens will buy a memento for God’s house and it will be a credit to you on the Great Ledger. Everyone must have credit in his Ledger, for who knows whom the Great Referee will call home at any moment?”

The fight starts and McCarty receives a light punch to the chest just above his heart. He collapses to the ground and the referee starts to count. As the referee begins his count a beam of light suddenly appears from above and illuminates McCarty whilst he lay on the canvas, the light then disappears once the referee reaches 10.

Shortly afterwards McCarty is pronounced dead. A coroners report suggested that an earlier horse riding accident was to blame for his death.
Although this is the only picture of the light, which has had claims of being faked or a hoax (unproven), there are reports of spectators verifying the beam of light during the referee's count.

As always just presenting the information.. So what say you ATS.... Coincidence? Hoax? Divine intervention?

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

there is no way to say with any reliable degree of certainty without replicating the circumstances of the event.
edit on 10-9-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Interesting thread man.

A friend of mine told me that his father saw the same thing when his grandfather passed away in front of his eyes.

I also have a picture of what looks like the top half of a greyish being's head coming right out of my head.

Ive heard plenty of other stories similar to this one as well. Its just one of those things that is mostly anecdotal with sparse and shakey evidence, hard to replicate circumstances, and an even harder to explain science behind it. That is, if there's anything to it.

"Conscioussness wants to experience."

edit on 10-9-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Not knowing his actual health problems, genetic or otherwise (other than the one mentioned), and also not knowing the weather patterns for the day (ie. cloud moves away, light shines through window).....coincidence is what I chalk it up to.

No reason to believe a divine intervention until we know all the details of the day.

new topics

top topics

join