It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addictive painkiller profiteer donates $500k to fight cannabis legalization in Arizona

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Insys Therapeutics, which profits off of a painkiller 50 times more potent than heroin, has donated $500,000 to a campaign opposing marijuana legalization

“They want to be able to push their far more addictive, far more harmful and far more dangerous opioid drugs,”

Supporters of cannabis legalization say legal access to their natural non-addictive painkiller could eliminate the need for drugs like fentanyl, which contributes to America’s growing epidemic of opioid dependency that claims more lives each year than gunshot wounds or car crashes.

A 2014 study by John Hopkins University found that states which legalized medical marijuana had 25 percent less overdose deaths from prescription drugs

Insys... ...did not address whether the outcome could have financial benefits for the company

Last month, Illinois Attorney General, Lisa Madigan, brought a lawsuit against Insys over claims they had deceptively marketed and sold their medication

the company’s "desire for increased profits led it to disregard patients' health and push addictive opioids

Insys became the largest contributor to the anti-legalization campaign

Source

Well well, what do we have here...
A company that sells and pushes opioid medications has just become one of the biggest backers of anti-marijuana legalization by donating half a million dollars. According to them, legalizing marijuana "fails to protect the safety of Arizona’s citizens, and particularly its children". Riiiight, that's why they did it.
Disgusting.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Ya know, I like to think I am someone who says all lives matter but no, the lives at Insys and everyone like them do not matter.

They are a scourge to humanity and deserve to go straight to hell.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

The truth

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Equally infuriating, Kratom, a natural leaf works absolute wonders for getting people off of strong opiates and through the withdrawals, will be a schedule 1 drug by the end of the month.

That's gonna hurt so many people, self included......

edit on 9-9-2016 by GoShredAK because: omitted last part

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why are they so scared of legalization if it has no medicinal value? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'd say Its time for a million pot-head march but we would all just forget or not be able to get off work.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
My friend- a pharmacist- quit her job in Arizona due to the inordinate number of people coming to her, nearly every other day, with new and copius opiate scipts to be filled.

Seems as if the industry has quite a healthy thing going on in AZ.

Great thread, OP.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yeah we had the same thing here in FL, the 'owner' of Publix (pharmacies in all the grocery stores) donated $800k.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You can smell the fear these monsters have, hiding behind their publicly endorsed cannabis hate.

you don't see any other industry so scared. It isnt going to affect the tobacco industry, so they don't have this intense concern for public safety... but if it did impact them, you bet they'd throw everything they have at it also.

No, it directly impacts big pharma, who prefer you to remain sick and on a leash.

it's so obvious, they must all be using their own product to think otherwise.... on the nod, I bet.

edit on 9-9-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Like I have always said: If you want to know the reason marijuana is not legal (completely), then take a look at who benefits the most from it being illegal. In other words follow the money. Which inevitably leads back to two sources; large medical companies and cartels, both of whom pay off politicians to keep it illegal.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Same could be said for LE, the DEA, although I'm sure enough members would be just as happy if it were legalized and they could go onto more important thing's.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I literally puked in my mouth when I read your thread title.

How dare this criminal element within our society impede on medical evolution and progress.

We need to stand against these oppressors and get behind Hillary Clinton to defeat this evil foe immediately before it's to late!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

WTF Hillary have to do with this?..got any info on Trump's stance ?

They both equally disgust me btw.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

She's the only answer to such injustice! We can stand behind her as she faces this evil enemy!

These pharmaceutical poison factories are enemies of humanity and in fact tools of Lucifer as he seeks to destroy god's creation in the sickest fashion!

I now demand a national call for justice!!!

Hurrah!
edit on 9-9-2016 by Darkmadness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I doubt either one will do the right thing..or even have the power to.
Cheers
edit on 9-9-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Same could be said for LE, the DEA, although I'm sure enough members would be just as happy if it were legalized and they could go onto more important thing's.

The vast majority of actual LEOs I know and have met are for legalization. As for DEA agents, not so much . . . after all that is their job.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I have heard pretty much the same regarding many LE officers..just not sure about the leadership.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Not sure what this bozo is trying but here in Arizona it has become close to impossible to get a dr. to give out a script for pain meds unless your coming out of surgery.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

How dare this criminal element within our society impede on medical evolution and progress. We need to stand against these oppressors and get behind Hillary Clinton to defeat this evil foe immediately before it's to late!

Ok . . . well Clinton has stock in Insys:
Clinton stockholdings in INSY

Also, the real reason Insys is trying to stop marijuana is that they have a drug for treating the nausea from chemo derived from . . . you guessed it . . . THC.
Insys Stock

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

WTF Hillary have to do with this?..got any info on Trump's stance ?

They both equally disgust me btw.

Hillary's agenda is to make MJ schedule 2, thus handing the entire industry over to the Big Pharm giants. Under it she will be able to militarize the FDA and they'll be able to raid and shut down all the self-start self-made social-mobility-boostful MJ related businesses and private growers. F Hillary!

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

She is worried about the little man and knows that this wonderful medicine can bring hope to millions suffering world wide right now and she's going to liberate it from the oppressive controllers that we are enslaved to as they mine the earths resources.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join