It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, the Mandela Effect finally roped me in - Fidel Castro is Alive?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
...but don't worry, he's planning to die soon so as not to upset the force.

Yeah, and I can pre-cog the glares Im getting "Boncho went off the deep end, he's now embracing the woo". But no, I put forth alternative theories on Mandela Effect because I acknowledge its closely related how we misremember things, but then I suppose someone might ask-(why do we misremember things, did we always have this problem?), still, my hypothesis of a psychological warfare measure to make people question their surroundings to me always seemed the most likely explanation (a natural meme with no help or assistance is about as far flung as the idea/effect itself---if you can create memes like this from nothing lets go into business...).

The problem with admitting a single supernatural phenomena exists, is realizing that so many others might too. (now you know the secret to UFO denial). Given that, I will entertain much now, while I don't hold all ideas to the same regard however.

So, while Im not trying to convince any of Mandela Effect, or propagate it as a problematic incursion of multiple universes, I am interested in hearing whether anyone else remembers Castro dying already. I could swear he got sick, brother took emergency powers and he died a year or two later. But nope...

Any ideas are welcome.
edit on 9-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Maybe you are proof of the mandela effect.. This boncho is not the one I remember.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious
Maybe you are proof of the mandela effect.. This boncho is not the one I remember.
What do you mean? Weird, someone else said this....

And I've noticed some changes here too. Me, Phage & Chadwickus always had the best conspiracy theories, and we spent so much time looking through Mars pictures, finding Alien bases, megastructures, ancient skulls/relics, and the arrogant debunkers like Arken, Randyvs and others were always crapping on our show.

It seems opposites around here lately....

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

I can see where you're coming from, Boncho, but old Fidel didn't die.

He got sick and passed the reigns on to his brother. Nothing else to it.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
There is a tendency to assume that public figures who disappear from the public eye have somehow ceased to exist.
It's proverbial that if someone thinks they recognise a former celebrity, they might ask not "Aren't you Tom Adams?" but "Didn't you use to be Tom Adams?"
Hence the unconscious jumps from "Haven't seen him lately" to "He must have died" to "I remember him dying".

I once googled a former employer, in his day a minor celebrity in his field of church politics. Among the references to his current activities, I found a couple of newspaper items. He got a passing mention in someone' else's obituary as "the late G- D-", and the same newspaper had to apologise when he pointed out, probably with indignation, that he wasn't "late" at all.
I had another example in mind, but it's gone out of my head for the moment.

edit on 9-9-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Fidel was sick, giving some of his obligations to someone I don't remember, but just because he was out of the public eyes for a few days, or weeks, doesn't mean he ever died.

originally posted by: boncho

What do you mean? Weird, someone else said this....

And I've noticed some changes here too. Me, Phage & Chadwickus always had the best conspiracy theories, and we spent so much time looking through Mars pictures, finding Alien bases, megastructures, ancient skulls/relics, and the arrogant debunkers like Arken, Randyvs and others were always crapping on our show.

It seems opposites around here lately....

That is indeed weird and pretty hard to imagine. Phage saw alien bases on Mars? Hehe, someone should tell him.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Nm
edit on 9-9-2016 by misscurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Phage and Chadwickus had him locked in a basement for a few years is all. They just forgot to call you.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Fidel Castro is old and frail now but still kicking. His brother took the day to day reigns.

Personally I think Lager/Beer has more evidence of the Mandela effect, I'm sure Budweiser used to be 5-5.2% alcohol and I know for a fact the wifebeater (Stella Artois) was 5.2% now it's 4.8% what the hell?

Nope see just poor memory
Beer strength change*

Sometimes it's memory, sometimes it's wishful thinking I guess. As for changing beer strength, well I'd have preferred a Mandela effect.
edit on 9-9-2016 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

Fidel Castro is old and frail now but still kicking. His brother took the day to day reigns.

Personally I think Lager/Beer has more evidence of the Mandela effect, I'm sure Budweiser used to be 5-5.2% alcohol and I know for a fact the wifebeater (Stella Artois) was 5.2% now it's 4.8% what the hell?

Eh, switch to bourbon and youll spend less time reading the small print on your bottles and more time sipping.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

He got sick & his brother assumed power, but Fidel never died. He even met Pope Francis last year, wearing his trademark Adidas tracksuit.
www.slate.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Poor old Castro has been like James Brown ending a show. He's been down to his knees so many times now and always has an ovation and encore left in his old bones.

Maybe it's because predictions and claims of his demise have been media gold for years and fanned by the CIA?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Haha I remember that.

Fidel Castro, the revolutionary, the communist, the chav.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I brew my own very nice beers, porters and ales these days.

Quite honestly I prefer a good scotch or single malt, some good single malts come from the Isle of Skye, West Scotland though they are not cheap

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
a reply to: In4ormant

I brew my own very nice beers, porters and ales these days.

Quite honestly I prefer a good scotch or single malt, some good single malts come from the Isle of Skye, West Scotland though they are not cheap

A respectable and honest hobby. Good on ya

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   

In my timeline, Boncho was verrrry different..

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Fidel Castro is Alive?

If Im in a universe where C3PO always had a silver leg anything is possible

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I remember the same as Boncho. I do think there is something going on beyond faulty memory.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I remember one year ago reading a story about him, I was surprised cause I was sure he died many years ago.

Strange isn't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Poor old Castro has been like James Brown ending a show. He's been down to his knees so many times now and always has an ovation and encore left in his old bones.
Maybe it's because predictions and claims of his demise have been media gold for years and fanned by the CIA?

Wiki is saying CNN misquoted it as a 'template death...'

Fidel Castro (Cuban leader) in the CNN.com incident. The draft obituary, which had used Ronald Reagan's as a template, described Castro as 'lifeguard, athlete, movie star'.

But this was much more than that. Numerous outlets started speaking about the shift in power and future relations. And Im sure that probably happened as his brother took power over, but that's the whole point, what I remember is Castro getting mad, opposing his brother, then dying so it didn't matter.

If you consider "Mandela Effect", as a means of psychological warfare. How hard is it to release target, specific news article to a set of people, a small group. Or fake media through various channels. Even if its temporary...

In the end you've created thousands possibly hundreds of thousands who question reality. The "accidental" ....uh...."template deaths" could even be part of it. Maybe you don't need anything more than that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join