It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Evolution in Action

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

They don't reproduce, they are produced by infected cells. Isn't everything else special too?
edit on 9-9-2016 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc
a reply to: Raggedyman

Evolution does not mean becoming more complex.

Nor is it anything to do with getting more. Wow.

I think if you read the book, providing crazy people dont burn it

The key words are
"Give rise" now lets see

Evolution is change in the heritable characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.[1][2] Evolutionary processes give rise to biodiversity at every level of biological organisation, including the levels of species, individual organisms, and molecules.[3]
en.wikipedia.org...
[3]
Hall, Brian K.; Hallgrímsson, Benedikt (2008). Strickberger's Evolution (4th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7637-0066-9. LCCN 2007008981. OCLC 85814089.

So WOW

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Mutation isn't only loss of information...
And natural selection would say that those that got the modification would survive and reproduce.

Sremmos80, I bet you are not going to show any evidence of that
Off you go...

Wow

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

its not evolution, it is de- evolving, losing information from its dna

Notice the second bolded statement from the dialog you linked to.

MN: I don’t study the character or the function; I study the gene that controls it. My position is mutation creates variation, then natural selection may or may not operate, it may or may not choose the good variation and eliminate the bad one, but natural selection is not the driving force.

In neo-Darwinism, evolution is a process of increasing fitness [ in the sense of an organism’s ability both to survive and to reproduce ]. In mutation-driven evolutionary theory, evolution is a process of increasing or decreasing an organism’s complexity. We tend to believe natural selection selects one type. But there are many types, and still they’re OK. They can survive, no problem.

Masatoshi Nei is saying that mutation comes before selection. Seems rather non-controversial. His objection is that text book authors are not quite willing to stick their necks out writing something an older text book doesn't back up.

So you are saying, or he is, or we are all saying that it seems that it is mutation driven, yet mutations dont add information, they just lose information'

Thats great work, we are now tracking in the same direction

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Watch the video man...

it clearly shows mutation... One bacteria changes, and gives rise to others with the same mutation...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Oh so you really are trolling...

You are saying information is only lost, no one else is, and refuse to back it up.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Here is a hint. Evolve means change. If a virus "loses" information. Whatever that means. It would have most definitely evolved. Do you think the word evolve means "got better"? It just means it changed. Every child is a step in evolution. I know you have been told this before. Why don't you argue actual points of the theory instead of making up things?

Here is a hint, might want to recheck your definitions
Evolve is a computer game
Evolve is a skateboard company
Evolve is a wrestling company
something Pokemon do

Now imagine the tree of life

Come on TD, come help your friends

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Watch the video man...

it clearly shows mutation... One bacteria changes, and gives rise to others with the same mutation...

Watched it
Asked for evidence of new information being added

Still waiting, is that hard to understand

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Watch the video man...

Watched it

Not at all... again watch the video...

Do you know what an Antibiotic is?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Oh so you really are trolling...

You are saying information is only lost, no one else is, and refuse to back it up.

I am asking what information is added to the virus to prove evolution, i dont see evolution, and you refuse to back it up with any evdence

Scientificaly the onus is on those reporting this amazing thing to show this life evolving, its me asking a question
Science is about asking questions and evidence
Faith is just accepting the story

Why do you hate science and cling to religion

And you resort to name calling, thats cute, I am a troll because I ask for science, you are the person who accepts this data religious like
I dont get that at all

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Watch the video man...

Watched it

Not at all... again watch the video...

Do you know what an Antibiotic is?

I am asking what information is added to the virus to prove evolution, i dont see evolution, and you refuse to back it up with any evidence

The actual test proves nothing, nothing new, the virus becomes weaker, it becomes less effective and loses information

edit on 9-9-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I am asking what information is added to the virus to prove evolution, i dont see evolution, and you refuse to back it up with any evdence

And for the third time... WATCH THE VIDEO

LOL

Do you not see what is happening here?

bacteria is placed on the outside of the experiment... the first layer has "Antibiotic"

look that word up by the way...

Eventually one of the bacteria mutates a resistance to the antibiotic... and it spawns more of them, and they take over as the mutation spreads...

what more do you need brother... Gesus

And you didn't answer my question!

edit on 9-9-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

And for the third time... WATCH THE VIDEO

LOL

Do you not see what is happening here?

bacteria is placed on the outside of the experiment... the first layer has Antibiotic... look that up by the way...

Eventually one of the bacteria mutates a resistance to the antibiotic... and it spawns more of them, and they take over as the mutation spreads...

what more do you need brother... Gesus

And for my fourth

I watched the video
I am not interested in what you see with your eyes, I want scientific evidence
I am asking what information is added to the virus to prove evolution, i dont see evolution, and you refuse to back it up with any evidence

Your statements are not scientific evidence, neither is that pretty experiment, it proves that a man can live without legs, arms or teeth.
It doesnt mean man evolved.

Just think about my statement

or just imagine that the antibiotic targets the viruses ability to attack white blood cells. So the antibiotic destroys the viruses capacity to attack white blood cells, once the virus loses that capacity, the antibiotic wont harm the virus anymore. The virus will continue on, just without the information it once had, also it becomes ineffective as a white blood cell virus

Its a pointless, childish experiment that proves nothing not already known.

Now if you cant understand that, just ask, research and learn to science.
Its good fun

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I can't believe you guys are actually addressing him. Everyone knows he's just going to deny everything.

Hell, he doesn't even know what's happening in the video AFTER it was explained to him lol.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I am asking what information is added to the virus to prove evolution, i dont see evolution,

That would be resistance to something that normally destroys said bacteria

Your statements are not scientific evidence, neither is that pretty experiment, it proves that a man can live without legs, arms or teeth.
It doesnt mean man evolved.

huh?

Just think about my statement

or just imagine that the antibiotic targets the viruses ability to attack white blood cells.

Wtf are you talking about?

So the antibiotic destroys the viruses capacity to attack white blood cells, once the virus loses that capacity, the antibiotic wont harm the virus anymore. The virus will continue on, just without the information it once had, also it becomes ineffective as a white blood cell virus

Its a pointless, childish experiment that proves nothing not already known.

lol...

No... Just..

no...

Now if you cant understand that, just ask, research and learn to science.
Its good fun

Understand what... rhetoric or ignorance?

You didn't watch the video... or you simply didn't understand it...

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Unsuprisingly, as unscientific as I have made that comment, you have completely missed it.

Understand its not proven resistance, I want proof of resistance.

More than likely the information that the antibiotic went after in the virus was destroyed by the antibiotic, the antibiotic destroyed its target "in" the virus, the virus has been weakened, is still alive but weakened, justt now does not contain the information it once had that the antibiotic targeted

You watched the video, looked at the pretty colours and thoufgt, Wow, thats so cool.
Just didnt see what was happening at the dna level

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I can't believe you guys are actually addressing him. Everyone knows he's just going to deny everything.

Hell, he doesn't even know what's happening in the video AFTER it was explained to him lol.

Great to have you back TD
Please leave religion out of this thread, its not needed

Lets discuss science

Please help

Can you show me what information is added to the virus to prove evolution, i dont see evolution

Can you prove the antibiotic wasnt effective or was and the virus has had the capacity to move forward with
A No Change
B Some Change
C Evolved enhanced change

Its very easy, its called science, its what science is all about, answering questions

Please, leave your faith at the door and we just do science

Ok

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Why do you keep calling said bacteria a virus?

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Come on guys, this is evolution, its proven, just show me the evidence

I am not asking for miracles, just information, please

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   

No no. You carry on telling people they're using faith lol.

Funny how this single experiment shows you the proof of evolution you've so desperately been crying for, yet you deny it. Not only do you deny it, you get it arse backwards.

So, carry on being the fool. I'm enjoying watching it.
edit on 992016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join