It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone aware of this Area/Place? Radar Towers & Wind Turbines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here's a short GFYCAT of the place, it has visible radar towers & wind turbines.

Looks a little like Pine Gap but PG doesn't have any Wind Turbines that Im aware of. Also looks similar to a place near me, but I haven't had the time to go out and look. From Google Earth view, that place doesn't seem like a good match.

Any ideas?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Scroll through the photos on google maps and you'll see wind turbines.😉

www.raf.mod.uk...

edit on 7-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

RAF Menwith Hill is situated off the A59 Skipton Road, approximately nine miles west of Harrogate in North Yorkshire and occupies about one square mile of moorland.

To add though, this is just a guess. Might be somewhere else entirely.😊

What i am not seeing is the 2 bladed turbine in your link. RAF Menwith turbines are triple blades.🤔

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Where is this? The radar 'domes' are to hide what direction the dishes inside are pointing. Eavesdropping on satellites, communications, etc.

Both defensive and offensive listening post in the modern age.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It's in the UK, as I understand it is used for US (NSA) and UK intelligence gathering.

Allegedly part of ECHELON programs ECHELON
edit on 7-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Seen as offensive. This "shield" extends all across Europe all the way to Poland. Remember "Desert Shield" In preparation for the Invasion of Iraq? Don't worry Putin, its only for defense.

The domes like I said are to hide the direction dishes inside are pointing. Thats like hiding bugs in the walls to eavesdrop on private communications.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Why not just publish the coordinates?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

Why not just publish the coordinates?

I don't have the coordinates, otherwise I would post the coordinates, but then I probably wouldn't post the thread. I only have the GIF to go on. Hence, the thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
its within eyeshot a tourist area called brimham rocks, so its a well known base, usually referred to as 'the golfballs'.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Scroll through the photos on google maps and you'll see wind turbines.😉
www.raf.mod.uk...
RAF Menwith Hill is situated off the A59 Skipton Road, approximately nine miles west of Harrogate in North Yorkshire and occupies about one square mile of moorland.
To add though, this is just a guess. Might be somewhere else entirely.😊
What i am not seeing is the 2 bladed turbine in your link. RAF Menwith turbines are triple blades.🤔

Im looking at it now, it's a good prospect. Even 'gooder'....is this article: Mysterious Menwith Hill: Nothing to see here they actually said "Nothing to see here" but they forgot "move along now".

I kid I kid.

---

In all seriousness, it seems like a decent candidate. Though I can't tell exactly from where the Turbines are positioned. It also appears in the clip, there's a much larger one, next to some smaller ones . Or another type of tower, but there doesn't appear to be something similar at Menworth Hill. EDIT: Sorry, that seems to be perspective only, playing tricks on me

You might be right though, they look like two-blade towers END EDIT

edit on 7-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
its within eyeshot a tourist area called brimham rocks, so its a well known base, usually referred to as 'the golfballs'.

Those domes exist in many countries, almost all of them refer to them as 'golf balls'. I used to drive past a bunch when I was younger with my dad, and I even called them that, before realizing they weren't giant Golf Balls. (Literally... there was a giant golf ball at the driving range he took us too, so I thought they were driving ranges)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

The one you posted, The turbines are 2 Bladed. The 3 bladed farm is to the east of Menwith. Unless added after google did the pass. I think i gave you the wrong one. There are a few more in Scotland and even further, up in Shetland.

Famcore and Intrptr would probably agree I'm wrong about Menwith..

Now I'm off to look at the ones in Germany. 👍

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hi
This is definitely Menwith Hill. I live very near these and can see the golf balls from my house.
The video is actually a little misleading, in its viewing angle. There are 8 3 blade wind turbines on the opposite side of the A59 to Menwith Hill.
The 2 blade is actually a smaller turbine located in the car park of the Millstones pub/restaurant just down the A59 towards Harrogate. Google Earth isn't up to date enough to show this though.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: intrptr

... it is used for US (NSA) and UK intelligence gathering.

Allegedly part of ECHELON programs ECHELON

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesAger

Thanks, there is one photo for The Milestone. And it does have a 2 bladed turbine.👍

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: FamCore

Seen as offensive. This "shield" extends all across Europe all the way to Poland. Remember "Desert Shield" In preparation for the Invasion of Iraq? Don't worry Putin, its only for defense.

The domes like I said are to hide the direction dishes inside are pointing. Thats like hiding bugs in the walls to eavesdrop on private communications.

At Menwith, like this one Famcore? Just using this screencap to show what's under the dome.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I thought you were using Google Earth. Never mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Radomes do not necessarily imply spook gear. Some FAA radar is under radome. The gear lasts longer and is mission critical.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac
Radomes do not necessarily imply spook gear. Some FAA radar is under radome. The gear lasts longer and is mission critical.

Right, and spying too.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Another interesting one I've been looking at recently is GCHQ Bude..

Wiki GCHQ Bude

top topics

join