It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Full of Gas Bottles Found in Paris

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I had flashbacks to the St. Michelle bombings in the 90's. I lived right there, not five minutes from the bombings. They packed the gas cylinders (small ones, used for camping) in backpacks with nails, bolts and screws.

The backpacks were used on metro trains, main target was the metro going under the Seine river so that a large portion of the metro tunnels would flood and kill all the commuters at rush hour. Luckily they detonated one stop short of the river, but not so lucky for the killed and injured. It would have been thousands.

The people there haven't forgotten. I'm guessing that the landlord, neighbor or relative waited until they were out of town and loaded their car with the canisters to get them away from them and into the hands of the police. And the location they left them at was a clear indication of what they were to be used for due to the bombing history there. I wonder if the police found empty backpacks or sacks of nails in their apartment?

They shouldn't have let them go imho.

STM
edit on 7-9-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

Typical anti Muslim propaganda.

you should be shammed of yourself, sucha racist hater.

Stop hating the terro I mean nice people. -- END SARCASM< OK !!

PS: thank god it was a dud this time, but it shows you, next time might be the real deal...

there was no detonator, so no bomb, and no dud.
unlike like your poor attempt at sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword
Of course the terrorist had a car full of completely empty gas bottles:-/ and there was no explosion

You mean the attempted bombing of the Tiger Tiger nighclub in London full of fun people. You know, the types of women the jihadists really hate (too old probably). Previously the Ministry of Sound was a target.

Anyway, here's asome of links.

BBC - 2006 Ministry of Sound
The Guardian - 2007 carbomb report
Wiki 2007 car bombings

Peter Clarke, the Scotland Yard head of counter-terrorism, confirmed in a short statement at 8.45pm that a second Mercedes also had a "considerable amount" of explosive material and nails.

It may be nothing, but people who hate the West have form with car bombs.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be interesting if te stolen cylinders ended up beinf traced back to all the thefts that took place in the US?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join