It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several neat screenshots of Mars

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

woah link please

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

See my post on the previous page.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

thanks
now we need to find the anomaly in a hirise photo
edit on 7-9-2016 by humanoidlord because: changes

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

There are no HiRISE photos of that area, but there are at least onr CTX photo, photo G16_024359_1858_XN_05N036W.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

youre welcome?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: wildespace
Anyone can get me the precise coordinates for it? I want to hunt down some high-rez images.

Not precise, but based on this page I think the coordinates are close to 4°44'27.50"N - 36°30'40.98"W.

Thanks. But in all honesty, that image is extremely vague and featureless. We no longer have the original article that describes where this location is and what the image is depicting. The link you gave is of no help (I wonder what makes you think the article has anything to do with that particular image). The location you gave is very far away from Valles Marineris, and is positioned somewhere between Hydraotes Chaos and Chryse Chaos, large areas of broken-up terrain.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

For some reason I can't get co-ordinates but I am pretty sure this is the same feature starting zoomed out for orientation of feature pulling in so you can find it without them

You'll notice it has the same edged feature at one end like feet on a sarcophagus... thats as far as I could really get down on it without screen blanking out (I dont have google earth installed)
edit on 8-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
The link you gave is of no help (I wonder what makes you think the article has anything to do with that particular image).

The fact that the second image in the page that I linked to is the same as the one posted by gortex made me think that it had some connection with it.

gortex posted this image:

This is a cropped version of the image on the page I posted:

edit on 9/9/2016 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
Thanks for pointing the exact location out, ArMaP. The image seems to be suffering from rough elevation data, I think. That's what creates those black spots and the "temple" thing. The CTX image provides great detail, but doesn't show anything like this. D21_035475_1832_XI_03N036W[editb y]edit on 8-9-2016 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join