It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Ice wall' around Fukushima nuclear plant melts in 2 places following powerful typhoons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

The frozen soil wall built around the crippled Fukushima No.1 nuclear plant have melted in two places following recent powerful typhoons, local media reported Friday, raising concerns over effect of the approach adopted by Tokyo Electric Power Co.(TEPCO) to reduce the massive volume of radioactive water.
Source

It's just a bump in the road. They can freeze it back up in no time.

More serious things than this are bound to happen in the future. Humpty Dumpty is sitting on an ice wall, unfortunately.

I read a conspiracy theory about this that claims that the ice wall had failed badly before the typhoons. According to the theory, TEPCO is just blaming the failure on the typhoons. That sure sounds like TEPCO's method of operation to me.
edit on 7-9-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

read a conspiracy theory about this that claims that the ice wall had failed badly before the typhoons. According to the theory, TEPCO is just blaming the failure on the typhoons. That sure sounds like TEPCO's method of operation to me.

Makes sense form a cover up standpoint. The wall is futile gesture anyway, melt water will always flow beneath whatever barrier they put in place. Every time it rains runoff flushes out fresh contamination.

mmm, 'nutrients' for the sea.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   
loll...... protection by an ice-wall is an short time solution to comfort the media....

meanwhile ..water flows under the wall into the inviourment...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
With Nuclear Half Life - your children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's children's, children's, children's,,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children's,children's, children's, children, Times 100 000 will finally be able to see the Ice wall be turned off.

Good stuff Japan, great solution.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The whole thing is scary.i was just saying the other day that news regarding Fukushima had been suspiciously quiet lately....and now this.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I don't know why Japan did not consider using a Thorium nuclear plant.

Thorium nuclear plants require some sort of energy beam to keep the reaction going and can be stopped on demand to prevent a melt down. I hear they also produce much less waste, or less toxic waste on the long run.

I believe India has some of the first successful Thorium nuclear plants..

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Souds like a Game of throne theme. Winter is coming, white walkers....behind the wall

new topics

join