It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson: Ask Me Anything Reddit.com Right Now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Globalists are for that. Libertarians are for their country. A Libertarian still believes that you need to have government to some degree and a rule of law. If ou have no borders to any degree, then you have no country.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Gary Johnson:"I abhor legislation that would regulate the Internet. It doesn’t appear to me to be broken; I don’t want to fix it."

So he's against net neutrality. Interesting. But makes sense for him. I hadn't thought of this.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Actually, that statement would suggest he's FOR net neutrality. It can be a hazy topic to understand, but he appears to be saying that the internet is fine as it is and should be left alone. And that's the right choice.

He/Libertarian is the only chance we have as a nation to put a stop to our eventual and certain destruction but it will never happen. I'd love to see the public rise up en masse with votes for him even though it wouldn't matter.

Clinton is Selected, not elected.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

Thanks for your reply. The topic is hazy, I think because everyone now has net neutrality, because it is FCC law. It sounds like Gary is hazy.

Definition: Net neutrality is the principle that Internet service providers and governments regulating the Internet should treat all data on the Internet the same, not discriminating or charging differentially by user, content, website, platform, application, type of attached equipment, or mode of communication.

Data is currently treated the same, as regulated by the FCC. So, what Gary is saying is that the FCC should NOT BE REGULATING data, but let data be treated differently, i.e. there should not be "net neutrality" but free-market internet, where data ISN'T treated the same.

If he thinks the internet is fine as is, then he doesn't understand that the internet is fine as is because of a federal law. I have not found anywhere that says he is in favor of net neutrality. In 2011 he said this, "Net neutrality sounds great on paper, but the reality is that it is the start of government control of the Internet." source And everywhere I look for 2016, it says he opposes it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join