It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV VMA's so BLACK

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Devon Tracey sure is upset, lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: introvert
Who cares and why is this a political issue?

Why does a "Rant" have to mean it's "political"? You do realize this isn't just a political forums?

This thread was originally in a political forum. It was moved to the rant forum.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
OP

I think that literally everyone that responded to you missed the point of the post. lol I have no idea why this amuses me. Maybe because it's expected? You try to paint a proper point and you instantly get labled a racist.

It's ok bro. I caught your meaning and I agree with you. I wont even say "I'm not racist, but..." before showing my stance. I see what you're saying and it's legit.

Anytime something 'white' dominates anything (Even country music... people were bitchin about that and nascar at some point for the same reasons) it's racist but anytime 'black' dominates anything, it's "ok" and "Justified" and "Deserving because of reparations" or some other BS like that.

You basically got hit instantly by the troll group who can't go with a constructive argument. Instead, they just pounce and try to make themselves shine on these forums for the sake of standing out. You know... Things that Trolls do, for 500, Trebek.

edit on 7-9-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Some people are better at certain things than others. That's why the NBA is predominantly Black and the NHL is predominantly White.It's a fact of life. I see this as whinging because of the "All White Oscars" crap. People got to get over this tripe.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Some people are better at certain things than others. That's why the NBA is predominantly Black and the NHL is predominantly White.It's a fact of life. I see this as whinging because of the "All White Oscars" crap. People got to get over this tripe.

MOBO's are racist though...lol, imagine a MOWO awards night...think of the outrage.
The world is skewed for sure...but I'll walk away so as not to be off-topic.

*Edit*
Why the # is there an awards ceremony for a particular musical and racial demographic?
Music is colour blind and generally without discrimination...WTF is the MOBO's supposed to be about?
edit on 7.9.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Thanks. I honestly don't think they can help it. It's years and years of indoctrination and programming.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Are you saying black people are better at music or maybe that white people are better at acting?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There is a MOBO award and not a MOWO award because for many decades black music was ignored and denigrated by a racist system, so as part of reclaiming pride in their heritage, black artists and producers decided to hold an award.

There is no need for a MOWO award because we live in a white dominated culture and our ancestors were not enslaved. Every day is white-appreciation day in western cultures. We literally don't need the extra awards, but people belonging to groups that have been subjugated and exposed to the most awful racism for hundreds of years do.

It's not about putting white people down, it's about raising other folks up to our level.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Nope I don't see it, bitching about the past seems a strange reason to hold a racially exclusive music award when music in itself is a colour blind art form.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
There is a MOBO award and not a MOWO award because for many decades black music was ignored and denigrated by a racist system, so as part of reclaiming pride in their heritage, black artists and producers decided to hold an award.

There is no need for a MOWO award because we live in a white dominated culture and our ancestors were not enslaved. Every day is white-appreciation day in western cultures. We literally don't need the extra awards, but people belonging to groups that have been subjugated and exposed to the most awful racism for hundreds of years do.

It's not about putting white people down, it's about raising other folks up to our level.

No, this is just a long, drawn out rationalization for your racist hatred of whites. Everyday is not white appreciation day. It only seems that way to you because you hold so much hate in your heart for whites. It's jealously. In reality, white people are blamed for everything that's wrong in the world. We're blamed for everything that's wrong in your life. We're blamed for all that is wrong in history. It's been a non-stop drum beat since I was young and for a long time I bought in to it. No more.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Don't be absurd, of course I don't have a racist hatred of whites.

I have an understanding of political and cultural history.

Nobody shouts at me when I go out on the street that I'm a whitey.

Plenty people shout at coloured folks for being coloured.

Racism exists in this world, yes. But moaning about 'racism against whites' is another way of attacking coloured folks and saying our white pain is more important than their pain. And frankly until we have to face the same # they have to face on a daily basis, we don't get to say that.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

who calls black people, colored?

other than 1950s jim crow era south?

A lot of people "shoutin at colored folks for being colored" in Scotland?

or?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join