It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damning Emails Against Monsanto-Bayer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It would seem that this can of worms will send political and economic waves across the world . Well except in Russia as they have banned the product (s) ....

In September 2012 Food and Chemical Toxicology, a respected scientific trade journal, released a study by a team of scientists at France’s Caen University led by Professor Gilles-Eric Seralini. The results of the study sent shockwaves around the world. Seralini’s group had just completed the world’s first-ever feeding study of the effect on more than 200 rats of a diet of GMO corn over a period of a full two years at a cost of €3 million. The study was ultimately published after a four-month peer-review process by scientifically qualified colleagues and after two years of research in absolute secrecy to avoid industry pressure.

Perhaps most astonishing was the fact that the Seralini study was the first long-term study of the effects of a GMO diet in the world after almost two decades of widespread proliferation of GMO crops. No one else until then had made tests over the entire two year life span of rats—no government, no university, no food end-user like Nestle, Unilever, Kellogg or Kraft Foods or any such mega food concerns using GMO in their products. All previous studies were merely a brief three months or less, far too short a time to determine the possible effects of a GMO diet, as Seralini’s study dramatically confirmed.

Seralini’s group based their experiment on the same protocol as the original Monsanto study but, critically, testing more parameters more frequently. And the rats were studied for much longer—their full two year average life-time instead of just 90 days in the Monsanto study. The long time span proved critical. The first tumors only appeared after 4 to7 months into the study.

In industry’s earlier 90-day study on the same GMO maize, Monsanto NK603, signs of toxicity were seen but were dismissed as “not biologically meaningful” by industry and EFSA alike. As Seralini’s study confirmed, they were indeed very biologically meaningful.

The Seralini study concluded, “In females, all treated groups died 2–3 times more than controls, and more rapidly.... journal-neo.org...

Not sure if Monsanto can get this swept under the rug and put back into the can . If money is a factor then I suppose they have the big pockets to do it but I think this will work its way to the minds of people that like to eat and live . Its hard to tell just how these toxins have worked their way through us and our environment . I have a stinking suspension that ,that is what the problem with the Bee's is .

Within hours of the publication of the Seralini study in the Food and Chemical Toxicology journal, a coordinated global media campaign to discredit the conclusions was launched. No facts were presented, merely allegations that the study was “unscientific.”

The official EU food safety advisory body of “independent” experts, EFSA, denounced the Seralini study even before making an independent comparable long-term study to verify or refute it. EFSA had recommended approval of Monsanto’s NK603 Roundup-tolerant maize in 2009 without first conducting or insuring any independent testing. They “trusted” the studies given them by Monsanto. On November 28, 2012, only a few weeks after the study was published, EFSA in Brussels issued a press release with the following conclusion: “Serious defects in the design and methodology of a paper by Séralini et al. mean it does not meet acceptable scientific standards and there is no need to re-examine previous safety evaluations of genetically modified maize NK603.” It was utter scientific nonsense and violated professional scientific standards of review.

journal-neo.org...

edit on 6-9-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Sep 6 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: PARAGRAPHS ADDED....overly long quotes trimmed IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Tumors in mice from GMOs. But we're not supposed to question what's in our food or where it comes from? Time to find some heirloom seeds and begin growing our own!

Even "organic" foods are put into this vault-looking thing where they get "gassed", but the chemicals being used somehow allow the companies to still mark them as organic.

List of "allowed" substances for organic food can be found in this link here (4th from the bottom) National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances

F*** Monsanto and Bayer - Two terrible organizations that profit off of death
edit on 6-9-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I predict GMO will end up being the next "tobacco" as in, 50 years from now, it will be common knowledge that the type of GMO products back in the day were harmful to everyone's health, and by then, some long dead or irrelevant figures will be blamed for the suppression of evidence, as it will be shown negative studies by Monsanto et al, were all buried or ignored.

Just as we were once told cigarettes were safe to smoke, not only that, but good for your health even!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

F*** Monsanto and Bayer. Two terrible organizations that profit off of death

Slight correction . . . they profit off the sick and dying. There is no profit in death, but millions to be made off the sick.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

No correction needed.. Bayer AG did profit off of HIV-infected hemophilia products that they sold to lesser-developed countries. They knew about the "AIDS-tainted" medicine and then went forward to make a profit off of it

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

GMO's are a hell of a lot worse than Tobacco. Seriously! Eating solely a GMO diet will kill you alot faster than Tobacco use will.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This will have ZERO effect on anything. Monsanto and Big Agra will just ignore it and if worse comes to worse, challenge it in court and tie it up for years. There's too much money to be made to let a little thing like a harmful product get in the way. As soon as TPP is signed, your rights to eat healthy food are gone. Hell, who are we kidding, they're already gone.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The big problem with BIG money is their connections to politicians and Justice officials that can and do use their positions to obstruct justice and use it as a political tool . The small guy is fighting a uphill battle . MSM / Justice / and even pal reviews on scientific papers can be side tracked . Bad stuff promoted and good stuff put down . A good example of this is the long story Conservative Think Tank Sues New York Attorney General Over Exxon Documents . insideclimatenews.org...

Steve McIntyre at climate Audit is another place that looks at the peer review papers and audits them and finds lots of times they hide the pea and we simple folk just cant see the deception . It has to be money based corruption that would create these things . Oh well all we can do is be the small voice we have and try to share with other small voices . There is always that 6% of separation thing .

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

dbp :>(
edit on 6-9-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

point ceded

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Tumors in mice from GMOs. But we're not supposed to question what's in our food or where it comes from? Time to find some heirloom seeds and begin growing our own!

Even "organic" foods are put into this vault-looking thing where they get "gassed", but the chemicals being used somehow allow the companies to still mark them as organic.

List of "allowed" substances for organic food can be found in this link here (4th from the bottom) National List of Allowed and Prohibited Substances

F*** Monsanto and Bayer - Two terrible organizations that profit off of death

If you live in America you wont be allowed to grow your own, I think there is a thread somewhere on ATS.com wherein a judge has outlawed vegetable gardens.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Oh for goodness sake. The Seralini studies have been shown time and time again to be crap science. Exercise some intellectually honest and critical thinking for a change. Don't just unquestioningly believe crap science just because it fits with your world view.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 6-9-2016 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

The big problem with BIG money is their connections to politicians and Justice officials that can and do use their positions to obstruct justice and use it as a political tool . The small guy is fighting a uphill battle . MSM / Justice / and even pal reviews on scientific papers can be side tracked . Bad stuff promoted and good stuff put down . A good example of this is the long story Conservative Think Tank Sues New York Attorney General Over Exxon Documents . insideclimatenews.org...

Steve McIntyre at climate Audit is another place that looks at the peer review papers and audits them and finds lots of times they hide the pea and we simple folk just cant see the deception . It has to be money based corruption that would create these things . Oh well all we can do is be the small voice we have and try to share with other small voices . There is always that 6% of separation thing .

I joined facebook so I could share this kind of stuff, but no family stuff.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

They also outlaw catching rainwater, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Just that it is illegal to. How do they expect to enforce such laws when our country is being ravaged by an opiate epidemic and racial tensions. I doubt veggie gardens will be at the top of their list, but I guess you never know with the way things are going in the world today

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Then you might like to share this vid . It like the bureaucracy tells us that we need to be vigilante to be careful what we are told about things ,especially when it comes from the people in the place to do so .

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
While this wouldn't surprise me as being a factual reality, I must wait--due to personal integrity--for this result to be replicated by someone in order for me to deem it absolute truth.

I'm not a fan of GMOs, and I'm certainly not a fan of Monsanto's tactics, but I can't just blindly jump on board something because it mirrors by expectations.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Sheesh...sounds like he should be working for the IPCC.

But to be fair, it seems that FCT didn't retract the paper (after the authors refused to) because of bad scientific method, per se, but because the type and amount of rats used couldn't lead to a conclusive determination as to the role of NK603 maize or glyphosate in the death of the rats. So, basically, he should have used a variety of species and many more of them, but the method of the study was sound.

Furthermore, he seems to have won a defamation lawsuit against a magazine and a journalist when they accused him of fraud. That's a pretty big point to consider, IMO.

But at any rate, I agree that he should have done a broader experiment with more rats and different species, and that without replicated results in a study with said improvements, this study is relatively suspect.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

If you live in America you wont be allowed to grow your own, I think there is a thread somewhere on ATS.com wherein a judge has outlawed vegetable gardens.

In some cities, yes in front yards, and home owner association type
neighborhoods. I don't doubt there will be, in years to come many
challenges to those who grow home vegetable gardens.

These big chemical companies ( disguised as agriculture )
bottom line is money and control. Funny enough, some of them
have even launched ways to market non gmo food, even they know
this crap is not sustainable.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
This will have ZERO effect on anything. Monsanto and Big Agra will just ignore it and if worse comes to worse, challenge it in court and tie it up for years. There's too much money to be made to let a little thing like a harmful product get in the way. As soon as TPP is signed, your rights to eat healthy food are gone. Hell, who are we kidding, they're already gone.

I've heard of similar studies if it isn't the same one.

Big GMO will argue that there wasn't a control group fed a normal diet, that eats only live for two years on average anyway, that the diet fed to the rats wasn't in proportion to a human diet, that rat's have a different digestive system than humans and so there isn't a valid comparison. Either way they'll try and wriggle out of it.

But already we are seeing cancer rates of children rising.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

It would seem that this can of worms will send political and economic waves across the world

what new and damning evidence?

led by Professor Gilles-Eric Seralini

just more lies, again.

Well except in Russia as they have banned the product (s) ....

you can still buy roundup in russia, anymore lies?
weak

<<   2  3  4 >>

join