It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Entire world is not what it seems folks, I was "approached"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You do realize that meditation, especially transcendental meditation, is a self-induced drug even psychedelic experience? If you're meditating "on" conspiracy theories then, well...

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Consciousness is a drug with an induced self
edit on 10-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

And, we GET HIGH on self-deception:

From a new piece I'm about to post...:

It turns out that all normal humans are subject to becoming effectively addicted to self-deception. Does "does this dress make me look fat" sound familiar? The biggest reason, I insist, that it holds true that people are often so hopelessly nonobjective when it comes to themselves is most people are entirely oblivious to the kind of science that we're about to get into. Now before you go getting uncomfortable, please note that the mechanisms themselves are evolutionary inherited traits.

Why we lie: The evolutionary roots of deception and the unconscious mind
The theme of the present book is that human beings are natural born liars. We have evolved to be deceivers not only of others but of ourselves as well. The practice of deception is not limited to humans but applies to other organisms as well. This thesis is not new but Smith makes some interesting suggestions about the evolutionary mechanisms that led to the evolution of our propensity for self-deception as well as suggestions about how the mechanism for self deception works.

This all holds especially true when it comes to groups.

The Power of Groupthink: The New Denial
Denial in all its forms is alive and well in each of us. We use it to justify what we do and do not want to do. We use it to protect ourselves. We even use it to push back the inevitable as long as possible so we can get ready to deal with it. Adults are often in denial, and we can see it at work best in our children who stamp their feet, pout and hide to avoid confronting reality. In its darkest form denial has justified unspeakable cruelty to our fellow human beings. In its best form it allows us to compassionately handle depression, disappointment and loss.

But what can we do when denial is rampant in an institution? This can take many forms, ranging from an idea advocated by a powerful leader to a pervasive belief among those active in the institution that certain tenets are truisms, or self-evident, even though they were on no one’s radar screen a few years ago. In its most powerful form, however, it can take on the character of something organizational psychologists refer to as “groupthink.”

The Power of Others: Peer Pressure, Groupthink, and How the People Around Us Shape Everything We Do
Discover how in almost every area of our lives, our behavior is influenced far more by others than we'd like to imagine. Teenage cliques, jihadist cells, army units, polar expeditions, and football hooligans — on the face of it, each of these groups might seem exceptional, but the forces that bind and drive them can affect us all. In recent decades, psychologists have uncovered how and why our innate social urges holds huge sway over how we think and act, propelling us to both high achievement and unthinking cruelty. We are beholden to our peers, even when we think we’re calling the shots. This is the power of others.

Those were the conceptual basis of the major point here, and now comes is the neuroscience behind it. Over a decade ago an fMRI brain scan study was performed on staunch Republican & Democrat subjects. They were shown clips of "the two" favored POTUS candidates contradicting themselves. Here is what happened:

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said.
www.scientificamerican.com...

Here's the full study:
Motivated political reasoning An fMRI study of partisan motivated reasoning

What that means it politically biased people are essentially addicted to self-deceiving themselves when it comes to their own candidates lying (while getting off on seeing "the other guy" lie). After being perpetually obsessed with the ramifications of this study since it went public, I still insist that this, its power over the masses is, all about social group affiliations. I'll get more into this in the next section, but in short any any major social group affiliation (such as race or political party) can bring about this effect, where when you stack them the effect gets worse.

edit on 10-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: fishy6

originally posted by: DannyBoy555

This makes me realise that we don't know jack about the reality we live in.

THIS!

Edgar Casey said it long ago.
Time is an illusion with a purpose.
We are just stuck in it.

My basic contention is that the entire human species is basically blind except for a few special people.
We think we are so omniscient and so omnipotent as a species, but in reality, we are nil, but special nils just the same, just blind childlike fools with atomic toys along for the ride.

Imagine a multi-universe where time is not relevant.

These creatures are most likely watchers.

To use an analogy...

To these creatures not constrained by time's absurdity, humans are most likely like ants in an ant farm. The ants (us humans) certainly don't know we are in an ant farm; we are just doing our day to day thing, busy. But occasionally a giant face will pop up next to a tunnel. Then Harry the enlightened ant sees the oddity, and might tell a story of the giant white and blue orb with a black center like a black hole, and huge Chiclets between large pink balloons, "It just floated by and was the biggest thing I have ever seen." But none of the other ants believed Harry. His buddies didn't see it so it never happened. They were just blinded by their busy ant world life and never noticed, all of them, including the Queen.

THIS POST!

Absolutely spot-on and hilarious at the same time!! Zero stars? Yo, you ain't getting the shadow man love.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

thanks for the preview. and people get depressed about it too... especially when other peoples drugs try to mix with someone else's for a bad trip.

waking up of course is that moment of clarity that is: All these people be trippin' and that's ok if it kills no one else... don a cape or towel and run around the living room who cares the age seriousness about what should be happy is what causes us the bad trip or to continually fall.

respect to me... is not walking up to the same toilet and squatting trying to share it; even though the bathroom is public.

posted on Sep, 11 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Regressive hypnotist Calogero Grifasi is dealing constantly with clients who are seeing all kind of creatures, including ETs and reptilians. You may see amazing stories how he taps on those either positive or negative beings and helps his clients to get free of them; Reptilian disturbing

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I see you know your stuff! Good for you!

AND once at the Delta stage (5MHZ or less) is when spiritual contact will occur. Of course at this level of frequency most entities are malevolent.

The higher the frequency...... the higher the spirit you will make contact with but to reach this level you must detox yourself and fast.

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Suanna

Thanks for the link
Will look into it just out of interest

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather

I wish this board gave me alerts like Facebook etc but anyway. oP when you meditate what is your mind set and thought process. Also why did you do this in the first place and what is your ultimate goal.

Also
Did you see these people with your eyes open? Or closed in meditation. I would start next time by calling on a loved one (who has passed) or more than one the day before for protection and their presence while in meditation.

a reply to: DannyBoy555

My mindset was on meditating to relax the mind first, then

Entice brain synchronisation
Increase access to subconscious information flow
Increase intelligence
Increase spirituality
Connection to Jesus and creator

AND

Last but not least, create fields of light to penetrate and increase healing

It was definitely goal based meditation you could say

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Well, no matter what arises in objective experience there can be grace to what is occurring or becoming subjected to it... such things only seem malevolent due to our attachments that they are.

A disembodied voice hurling insults off in the distance, spectral forms appearing etc. are just suffering beings no different than if they had form... meeting them with empathy and compassion to their situation to ease their suffering the same we would do in life if they were present only on the mental wavelength brings them the same sort of ease. Of course no different than in the life of form... they will either accept that empathy or compassion or not but it is still due to attachment that they do or not... no different in form or not in form the difference is that energy.

So whether high minded in alpha or beta or low minded in theta or delta the wave length or energy is the same form or not form. But of course communicating in the theta or delta wave without the label of psychic or carrying out physical tasks will appear to those not aware of this as insane... so that's where the grace comes in.

Knowing how to know the difference and when it is appropriate to act in energy form or physical form relative to these energies. It is like when we are a child in physical form climbing all around yelling out of no where or learning when our responses and actions are appropriate to the situation.

If an aunt comes to visit in energy form while shopping don't stand there and talk to her... a gentle smile knowing they are there is grace enough so others aren't: that person is insane. So once the awareness of that arises if they are not present in all of the 5 senses then you will know how to respond to the physical that IS perceived appropriately and also mentally appropriately when such arises and no worries since all is impermanence they also pass as impermanence is the only permanence that can be experienced. So experiencing that permanence is an experience of the all but we are never separate from that because all things change... it's just whether we are mindful of this or not as it is constantly arising and constantly passing.
edit on 15-9-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: clarity

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So youre saying being in bliss and a calm state of mind is actually a trap ? i didnt quite get you !

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: proximacentauri

Well attachment to what enters and exits the senses or 5 consciousnesses of them via the mind makes them appear as one whole consciousness being the 6th sense. The mind is consciousness itself and reflects the other 5 in it but it does not have to which is labeled as unconsciousness but this can also occur in dreams one doesn't remember the same as memories one doesn't remember or mental quiescence that does not discriminate the 5 consciousnesses seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or touched as good bad etc as they are simply labels of past experience... there is harm or not harm to other beings usually simply through ignorance of unawareness or attachment in a belligerent sort of way where ignorance is not bliss even if one is in bliss another being may be suffering so what good is dwelling in bliss once one has ended their own attachment or suffering? In empathy of awareness and knowing and understanding suffering then one works to help alleviate that suffering by pointing to what is causing it and giving them solutions.

Sentient beings become buddhas or awakened beings, buddhas do not give birth to buddhas or awakened beings... it is an individual task one must put in the effort to not only see things arise and pass how suffering arises and passes but walk the practice of whatever path it is... they all have value and they all lead there, running back and forth from one to the other is of no help other than to build understanding of those similarities to see they all lead to the same thing when practiced properly all of them say meditate, know the self

Even though oneself may be done with the task while still in physical form it will become blatantly obvious that others have not or are taking a teacher role to an extreme of being only teaching or showing others ignorance instead of solutions a way to walk the path to ease suffering instead of spreading it around like a virus.

Of course having empathy for them as well means respecting that there is a chance for the to walk the path out of ignorance... that doesn't mean they will it takes constant mindfulness and non attachment.

The only way it becomes a trap after one has freed oneself and open to the source of creativity itself and never apart from it is through others attachments... but then why is that a trap? It is simply a path as well one called that of a Bodhisattva that has put off final nirvana as long as possible in order to point other the way in the best way they possibly can for as long as they can.

But knowing how painful and how stressful and how hurtful life can be clinging to form and ego and attachments can be not only for oneself but to others then it takes great compassion and empathy to go through rebirth back into the human realm of desire to once again remove the veil in order to point the way yet again... life by life by life until buddhahood the last one in which you assume to point the way but no awakened being is really different than any other sure there is a personality that arises unique to the form but grow is that any different than anyone else except through intent how they carry this energy are they closed off and spreading pain like a robber held up in a hide out or one that gives freely and has no place within to call theirs?

I cannot help the attachments others have to this form only ease their attachments if their form causes them suffering by that attachment, and the way this is displayed is in the empathy or understanding, tolerance and help one tries to give them... with family this can become very difficult because they only see a son, a brother, an uncle, a father or simply a name, a friend when that is really not oneself any longer... but it is what it is and when that fruit drops no one ever expects it not the fruit, not the tree, and not the ground it just detaches in and instant.

Tree is still there, ground is still there, sky is still there but no longer attached but still there just not the same nor ever can be attached the same way again.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply , seems you have done youre research ! . will be looking forward to more of you !
CHEERS !

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: topquark

Your certainty that I don't know what's going on is akin to magical thinking along the lines of "I'm right about you, even though I never met you or spoke with you before - I must be right because I believe I am".

And if you re-read the comment I posted, you will see that NOWHERE did I state that I am one of those who "knows what's going on".

So yeah, keep up that magical thinking.

edit on SeptemberSaturday1619CDT05America/Chicago-050012 by FlyInTheOintment because: spelling

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join