It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness is Politically inCorrect!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
[Everyone has equal rights now.]

That is your opinion. You are welcome to it. SJW's believe that some people or groups of people do not have equal rights or equal application of the law. (See blacks and the criminal justice system)

That is their belief or cause.

It is not political correctness, as is the premise of your OP.

I challenged you to lay out some examples of how everyone doesn't have equal rights (that's in reference to the law). Instead you respond by telling me that's my opinion.

Now's your big chance! Break it down for us how the SJW's still have anything left to be justifiably outraged over.

Remember, unless they're going to make ending the War On Drugs their single unifying cause (which I'm the 'only one' advocating apparently), then triumphant are my arguments that the whole SJW affair is baloney.
edit on 6-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I've already addressed the meat of your thread.

You took all of those issues that you have a problem with, including racism, SJW's, gay issues, anti-science, microaggressions, etc, and wrapped all of it with the same "PC" label. That makes it easier for people to identify and demonize. They don't have to actually look in the issues you listed, they can just be frightened by the label you wrongly applied to it.

Those individual causes do not necessarily have anything to do with political correctness. Some of the people that work on the causes you listed can be very politically incorrect. PC is an individual choice.

Okay. Today's "progressives", is that better? Oh that's right I have that term all about in there. As well as SJW, and PC Police, etc etc. THEY ARE ALL RELATED. To deny that is just insane.

Anybody, please do quote me and debunk some stuff. Krazysh0t threw in the towel. Do you have what it takes? Or am I right?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Now's your big chance! Break it down for us how the SJW's still have anything left to be justifiably outraged over.

Too easy! Healthcare.

Oh and by the way...

10 ways Right-Winger Are Just Like Social Justice Warriors

n today’s world, there are two schools of thought, the first being that educated discussion and honest debate encourage intellectual growth, leading to a silent majority. The second, being a school of pure emotional diatribes, full of fallacy and philosophical inconsistencies, which tends to lead to loud minorities.

The fallaciously loud and horribly ridiculous crowd that hangs out in the second school of thought can be separated into two different wings, the social justice warriors (SJWs) and right-wingers (RWs). The two sides are always at each other’s throats, never educating a single soul, or actually doing anything of real change.

As detailed by Liberty Laura of Liberty Viral, though these groups stand diametrically opposed, their tactics are all too similar. Here are 10 ways that the SJWs are just like their right-wing counterparts.

edit on 6-9-2016 by TheAmazingYeti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
yes, it is. the age of taking offence is at a zenith.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Very tough thread to read. It's content relies very much on vast assumptions and offers little to no verifiable proof/examples in order to validate the assertions. Youtube videos and links to obscure websites do not offer the context needed to justify your claims.

I did that once:
The Hypocrites Iron Fist - The PC Movement in light of the War on Drugs

It's a safe bet its got to be about both the most epic and most academic data heavy piece in ATS history. Lots of Flags. Less responses. Even less actual critiques. Hardly any with actual substance. Ever since I made it I've been challenging everyone to debunk it. Said challenge was laid out in my sig until last night when I changed it to just the title of this thread. Don't recall you showing up there. You missed it somehow before now, but now there it is for you.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I have concluded that Political Correctness, in all it's manifestations and " isms ", is a brainwashing technique based on Critical Theory

It is a system of cyclical logic that once adopted by the user never allows for another approach, and the end-game is that the assigned antagonist always embodies hatred, racism, or oppression.

They become intellectually trapped, because in order to see and realize when they err, they would have to empathize and entertain their assigned antagonists point of view...this causes great cognitive dissonance due to contradicting their previously assigned value of the antagonist and so is rejected or avoided.

The remaining cognitive dissonance is alleviated by the religious cult-like belief that they are on the " right " or " good " side of every issue, always battling racists, bigots, and oppressors. Like religious zealots they assume moral authority and claim to have " more knowledge " than the average folk

Cults have made up transgressions against their gods, and Politically Correct ideology has made up transgressions against their ideal society

It is the same type of system used by cults, utilizing the cyclical intellectual trap described by Kafka in " The Trial ".

This is why you see the media, politicians, and academia structuring and presenting every issue as Victim vs Oppressor, Victim vs Racist, or Victim vs Hater, it's called psycho-politics....when every issue is presented as Victim vs Oppressor, you've already assumed one is guilty.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I challenged you to lay out some examples of how everyone doesn't have equal rights (that's in reference to the law). Instead you respond by telling me that's my opinion.

SJW's by their very definition work on issues in which social injustices may occur, like the unequal application of our laws. It's not about not having equal protection under the laws in place. It's how they are administered.

Surely you can understand that.

Remember, unless they're going to make ending the War On Drugs their single unifying cause (which I'm the 'only one' advocating apparently), then my argument is the whole SJW affair is baloney.

I can agree that the war on drugs was a failure, but social justice does not begin and end with the war on drugs. Your position leaves you blind and dismissive of any other issues that may be important.

But I have to ask again, what do the issues you listed have to do with political correctness?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

SJW's by their very definition work on issues in which social injustices may occur, like the unequal application of our laws. It's not about not having equal protection under the laws in place. It's how they are administered.

The protests over Brock getting only 3 months of prison time for brutally raping a woman comes to mind...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Very tough thread to read. It's content relies very much on vast assumptions and offers little to no verifiable proof/examples in order to validate the assertions. Youtube videos and links to obscure websites do not offer the context needed to justify your claims.

I did that once:
The Hypocrites Iron Fist - The PC Movement in light of the War on Drugs

It's a safe bet its got to be about both the most epic and most academic data heavy piece in ATS history. Lots of Flags. Less responses. Even less actual critiques. Hardly any with actual substance. Ever since I made it I've been challenging everyone to debunk it. Said challenge was laid out in my sig until last night when I changed it to just the title of this thread. Don't recall you showing up there. You missed it somehow before now, but now there it is for you.

"Most epic"?

I'll have to take a look at it. Let me just make one small suggestion:

Check your arrogance at the door. There are many threads that have been created on this site over the years that put your's to shame. I'd be very few of the authors of those threads had to marvel in their own "epicness".

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Good thing there was an SJW on the bus

Bus driver fired after pouring water on Spanish-speaking 8th grader

The video, reportedly taken by 9th grader Brayan Alverez, shows Black berating Martinez, who speaks Spanish, at one point telling him, “I don’t understand Spanish. I’m not going to learn it. I live in America and it’s an English-speaking country. So if you want to speak to me, speak to me in English.”

Alverez told the station the incident started when Black approached Martinez and accused the student of throwing a water bottle on the bus. Alverez also claimed Black accused him of egging Martinez on—a charge he denied.

“She tried to take his phone away,” Alverez told KTVB. “And when she didn’t get to do that, she just grabbed the water bottle and started getting him wet.”

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

S0 long they spilled over onto the 2nd page? Over 100,000 characters?

I've been here over a decade and haven't seen anything quite that big. How long have you been around by the way?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Okay. Today's "progressives", is that better? Oh that's right I have that term all about in there. As well as SJW, and PC Police, etc etc. THEY ARE ALL RELATED. To deny that is just insane.

They are not all necessarily related. That is the problem with your thread. You take many issues and aspects and try to bundle them under one banner of PC (or progressive).

Progressives are not the only people out there working on criminal justice issues. Progressives are not the only one's out there working on women's issues.

Anybody, please do quote me and debunk some stuff. Krazysh0t threw in the towel. Do you have what it takes? Or am I right?

Already did that. You're entire premise is lacking because the issues you cited have very little, if anything, to do with political correctness.

You know that and that is why you backtracked to say "progressives". Well, which is it? Progressives and PC are two separate things.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti
Good thing there was an SJW on the bus

Bus driver fired after pouring water on Spanish-speaking 8th grader

The video, reportedly taken by 9th grader Brayan Alverez, shows Black berating Martinez, who speaks Spanish, at one point telling him, “I don’t understand Spanish. I’m not going to learn it. I live in America and it’s an English-speaking country. So if you want to speak to me, speak to me in English.”

Alverez told the station the incident started when Black approached Martinez and accused the student of throwing a water bottle on the bus. Alverez also claimed Black accused him of egging Martinez on—a charge he denied.

“She tried to take his phone away,” Alverez told KTVB. “And when she didn’t get to do that, she just grabbed the water bottle and started getting him wet.”

That's where you are wrong.

Doing the right thing does not make one a social justice warrior.

You are implying then that only SJW's do the right thing and that anyone who isn't a SJW is doing wrong or bad things.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Political Correctness leads to people dispensing with truth for the sake of feelings, for the sake of keeping up appearances, for instance in the Rotherham rape cases. In this case, the worry over appearing racist against some abstract group of people trumped the worry over the ill treatment of flesh-and-blood human beings. Political Correctness isn't about being polite or respectful; it is about vanity and self-concern.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I've been here over a decade and haven't seen anything quite that big. How long have you been around by the way?

Careful. Stroking one's own ego can be dangerous. It's gives one a false sense of superiority.

As far as it's length, perhaps it's more indicative of one being long-winded?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Just took a quick glance on your other thread. No wonder it took up so much space. Most of it is pics and graphs.

Your ability to use the ATS upload feature is...epic.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Maybe if you didn't use so many pretty pictures it would have fit...

One example of a mega-thread: All Roads Lead To Rome. Also, most Rising Against research threads were bigger.

You are implying then that only SJW's do the right thing and that anyone who isn't a SJW is doing wrong or bad things.

I've already stated that some SJW's tend to take it too far... Just like some RW's take it too far...

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Can your next thread be a rap about how educational, well-seasoned, and indisputable you are?

Or should we be expecting more echoing groans about SJWs and PC culture for another 5 years?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadFoot

Yes! And it will be over 200,000 characters!

EDIT: Lots of fedora tipping, I see! But less debunkers

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAmazingYeti

Maybe if you didn't use so many pretty pictures it would have fit...

One example of a mega-thread: All Roads Lead To Rome. Also, most Rising Against research threads were bigger.

I remember All Roads Lead To Rome. That when came to mind as I got way deep into WOD. That one, or your other one aren't bigger. Dont recall "Rising Against". He joined about the time I was over left-right politics and mostly faded (well after a hard march all summer rebound of rolling out blockbusters, then I faded of). And right about then all this crazy PC stuff started running amok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join