It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama cancels meeting with Philippines' Duterte after insult

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Then he just goes to China and gets everything America gives him on the cheap with no "human rights" strings attached. In exchange for the secret renunciation of certain maritime claims, of course

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer
a reply to: thinline

trump took the high ground??? lol calling mexicans rapists and thieves, guess that is the high ground for a low life... wow such cognitive dissonance. disillusions....................

Trump was referring to actual Mexican rapists and thieves that actually exist. He clearly was not talking about all Mexicans. That's not that hard to understand and it did not make him a racist when he said that. The msm just told you so.

The person you were replying to was saying Trump took the high road by following through with his meeting with the Mexican president. That's not very hard to understand either. So I'm not sure why you bring up some old, accurate comment Trump made.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Duturd has slept off the intoxication and now says he's sorry.
www.foxnews.com...

Until he gets a snoot-full again tonight.

Tomorrow morning, he'll apologize to Obama again.

Rinse-Repeat. If I were Obama, I'd cut off his aid, and spend the billions of $$$ here at home on a new high-speed rail. That's what my man Trump would do!

No he has just given 80 or 90 million of tax payer money to Laos.. Easy to buy friends with that kind of stash.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

No...

We all know Obama is a gay Muslim warlord, how much evidence will it take for you to realise this fact?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Obama gets called some names and pouts. Basically, he grabbed his ball and stayed home.

Mexico president called Trump multiple names. Trump takes the high ground and meets with the Mexican president

The Mexican president asked hillary for a meeting, and she passes. She needed to go fund raise. IMHO, she is not well enough to travel and have a full day in public with cameras.

My question is;

Which one of the three acted most presidential?

Obama. He didn't personally cancel the meeting, but facts get in the way of a good story, don't they.

Considering what Trump has called Mexicans, your post is surely meant in jest anyway, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Mexico president called Trump multiple names. Trump takes the high ground and meets with the Mexican president

Wrong Mexican president. You're thinking of Vincente Fox. He met with the current president, Enrique Peña Nieto. Then he came back and lied about the content of said meeting.

The closest Trump has ever been to "taking the high ground" in his life was occupying a penthouse suite.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Duterte calls any and everyone a son of a ***** even the pope. The definition of political correctness doesnt apply to him, and he is a lawyer, go figure..

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: thinline
Obama gets called some names and pouts. Basically, he grabbed his ball and stayed home.

The Mexican president asked hillary for a meeting, and she passes. She needed to go fund raise. IMHO, she is not well enough to travel and have a full day in public with cameras.

My question is;

Which one of the three acted most presidential?

Obama. He didn't personally cancel the meeting, but facts get in the way of a good story, don't they.

Considering what Trump has called Mexicans, your post is surely meant in jest anyway, isn't it?

What exactly has Trump said about Mexicans?

Or are you referring to that one time he was talking about Mexican criminals who crossed the border illegally who continued to commit terrible crimes?

If someone is not a sensitive SJW its pretty easy to see Trump is not that bad.

He is not PC, that hurts some people feelings, that is about it. Who cares. He will probably actually try to do his job as president and that's all that matters.

How in the hell do the mean things non PC Trump has said remotely compare to the way Obama has damaged this country from within?

Or how Hillary has been proven to have done all the same things Trump is accused of and more? She is a full blown criminal.

They don't compare, not even close.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

You're right, of course. Trump referred to Mexican immigrants as crooks and rapists - extremely generalised and didn't even suggest that referred to convicted immigrants.

You may like Trump, people that don't aren't 'sensitive SJW's', they are people who disagree with you - only Trump gets to say how anyone disagreeing with him is stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Trump was referring to actual Mexican rapists and thieves that actually exist. He clearly was not talking about all Mexicans. That's not that hard to understand and it did not make him a racist when he said that. The msm just told you so.

"The msm just told you so"

Yea, that's it. Why is it that Trumpeteers never have any recollection of what Trump actually says? Here, I'll help you out:

"The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems.

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Or maybe you just have comprehension issues? No sane person without a political agenda would construe that in any way other than Trump saying that most of the people who come to this country from Mexico (or are being "sent") are:

- not the best
- not you
- have lots of problems they're bringing with them
- bringing drugs
- bringing crime
- they're rapists

and that a smaller number, he assumes, are "good people."

That's not very hard to understand either.

Seems like maybe you ran into some difficulties.

So I'm not sure why you bring up some old, accurate comment Trump made.

It's not accurate but it is how Trump set the tone on his immigration policy and it is what supporters like yourself cheered for. You'll have to forgive the rest of us if our memories are a little longer than a day or two (an hour or two — whatever it takes to keep denying that Trump says the things he says and blame it instead on the media).
edit on 2016-9-6 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CaDreamer

trump took the high ground??? lol calling mexicans rapists and thieves, guess that is the high ground for a low life... wow such cognitive dissonance. disillusions....................
that literally never happened. Trump never said that. Ever. And yet you get tons of stars for posting something that is a complete lie. It just goes the state of information and the truth these days. Hands up don't shoot!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Trump never said that. Ever.

Oh really?

Start at 39 seconds sure sounds like he calls them rapist.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

its more like shooting people who shoot people

Is it?

Kill drug dealers and I'll give you a medal, says Philippines president

Convenient way to dispatch dissidents. "He was a drug dealer. Trust me."

If the law of the land is the death penalty for drug dealing then killing them after a trial is acceptable. I don;t agree with his broad statement about medals for executions though as it will no doubt create vigilante groups and innocent people will be caught in the crossfire.

Obama getting involved is dumb though, but given that he did, it's very weak to then back out of the discussion directly because the G20 members apparently told him to.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: TheBulk

Trump never said that. Ever.

Oh really?

Start at 39 seconds sure sounds like he calls them rapist.

There are Mexicans who are rapists and drug dealers. What is the problem with saying it, unless you are still under the false impression he called ALL Mexicans rapists and drug dealers? It would be odd if you were under that impression given his words.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

If the law of the land is the death penalty for drug dealing then killing them after a trial is acceptable.

they're killing political opponents under the guise that their breaking the law.

so this place supports obvious genocide when obama opposes it, but one of clinton's old friends dies its an obvious murder?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

I'm not sure that's true, it seems quite possible that it's more a war on special interests trying to rape the Filipinos same as they do everyone else.

That's all the war on drugs is, special interests in action. The druglords are buddies with the special interests in government. You can't end the war on drugs without ending the politicians working for the special interests pushing it.

It may sound contradictory, but the final blow after doing this to defeat the elite would to be to legalize drugs once the criminal empire is removed. If he does that, then he's the real deal. I don't think he will though. Which is sad, as that's the only way to truly win this fight.
edit on 9/6/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
a reply to: UKTruth

If the law of the land is the death penalty for drug dealing then killing them after a trial is acceptable.

they're killing political opponents under the guise that their breaking the law.

so this place supports obvious genocide when obama opposes it, but one of clinton's old friends dies its an obvious murder?

Firstly, I did not speak of genocide. I said that after a trial if the penalty is death and you are found guilty then the execution is acceptable. Secondly, can you provide proof that they are committing genocide and faking crimes in orde to kill people?
edit on 6/9/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm sure 0bama wanted to tell him to leave the Muslims alone ... and Duterte didn't want to hear it.

The Abu Sayaf? They are nothing but kidnappers, extortionists, and murderers. Even rebel muslim factions in Mindanao abhor them.

One of Duterte's goal is to mend the rift between christian and muslim filipinos.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I would guess there is a CIA backed coup in his future

I wouldn't be surprised. The oligarch-led liberal party of the Philippines even resorted to spreading rumors during the campaign period that the man had cancer and was terminally ill. Catholic priests had led screens in their chapels proclaiming Duterte unfit for presidency because, according to them, he is a womanizer, murderer, foul-mouthed, uncouth, ugly, the most despicable type of sinner on God's green planet.

They did those things and more, I kid you not.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bijouramov

I've taken an interest in what happens in the Philippines. You all are bravely the first people ballsy enough to truly fight back against the elite. Is a possible look at all our futures when the straw breaks. At least one version of it.

I'm nervous to see how things play out there. I wish you all the best of luck.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join