It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truckers block Calais to demand closure of migrant camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Migrants have resorted in recent months to increasingly dangerous tactics to slow trucks so they can hop in the back, throwing tree branches and other objects onto the roadway, a risk for truckers and themselves. Seven migrants have been killed on the road this year.

Aid groups warn that a hasty shutdown of the camp would scatter the migrants, aggravate the city's troubles and worsen the humanitarian drama. While the camp conditions are dismal, migrants have access to food distribution and showers.

Truckers block Calais to demand closure of migrant camp

Looks like the truckers have taken it upon themselves to try to put an end to the violence they are being subjected to by the migrant population in the holding camp in Calais. All the while, the politicos try to spin it as "can't we all love each other" instead of doing their jobs and protecting the French citizenry and economy. I cannot believe it is taking this long to address and clean out these camps. As I see it, if someone in that camp cannot find a citizen to sponsor them, take them in, hire them, etc... then time to consider sending them back to whence they came.

The longer they delay, the more risky and violent these engagements will become. When will enlightenment come that forced globalization will never work. It must be organic, and willful on BOTH sides.

SMH.......

edit on 9/5/2016 by Krakatoa because: spelling only

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm so detached from the whole thing as a US citizen, but if I was in charge and planning on doing anything other than "send them back", I'd start by asking what their proposals for earning their way into French society are. How are they going to turn their presence into a net benefit for France?

Like successful immigrant waves in the US, if they're willing to work their butts off, harder than the natives, they'll make it. I'm willing to bet a lot of them are, given the opportunity. Not going to be easy though, there's a lot to overcome, but if it wasn't worthwhile, they wouldn't be there.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

I'm so detached from the whole thing as a US citizen, but if I was in charge and planning on doing anything other than "send them back", I'd start by asking what their proposals for earning their way into French society are. How are they going to turn their presence into a net benefit for France?

Like successful immigrant waves in the US, if they're willing to work their butts off, harder than the natives, they'll make it. I'm willing to bet a lot of them are, given the opportunity. Not going to be easy though, there's a lot to overcome, but if it wasn't worthwhile, they wouldn't be there.

Are they willing to pick fruit and cut grass and clean toilets?

Does France have Home Depots?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Did you miss where I stated,

As I see it, if someone in that camp cannot find a citizen to sponsor them, take them in, hire them, etc... then time to consider sending them back to whence they came.

I agree, they need to find someone or a productive role to play in the society, otherwise they are merely a burden on the economy. What other options are there at that point?

(post by stinkelbaum removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I really don´t blame them for that. Youtube is full of these videos, people running on the highway to slow down the trucks, then they try to open the back. If they get honked at, they get mad and start throwing stuff.

Disclaimer: This is the first video I found, don´t nail me on the content.
edit on 5-9-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

Looks like the truckers have taken it upon themselves

1. its french truckers, they go on strike if it rains for two days.

ll the while, the politicos try to spin is as "can't we all love each other" instead of doing their jobs and protecting the French citizenry and economy.

2. the truckers are doing this because their not been paid enough by these smuggling gangs to take 'passengers', who now are leaving trees on the road slowing the journey.
wtf has that got to with the french economy, citizenship and love?
you r starting to across a bit silly.

I cannot believe it is taking this long to address and clean out these camps.

3. we keep bombing their country, their not coming over by choice.

As I see it, if someone in that camp cannot find a citizen to sponsor them, take them in, hire them, etc

4. you do understand britain wont take anymore, even those with family here, hence the issue.

then time to consider sending them back to whence they came.

5. to get killed by our bombs?

The longer they delay, the more risky and violent these engagements will become.

6. really? what will make them snap? this has been going on for years, the far right has promised this violence for years, still waiting.

When will enlightenment come that forced globalization will never work.

7. they are bombed out refugees, globalization is the selling of products around the world, wtf are you talking about?

SMH.......

8. hopefully that first word is shoot, the only remedy for idiots.

Let me try to address each of your points on it's own:
1. I don't see how that is relevant to this situation.
2. Citation for this claim please?
3. I beg to differ. The war in their country (if it is indeed from one of the countries currently under attack) is only one reason from my personal experience and news I have heard/read. Economic strife, religious persecution are also big reasons as well. So, blaming the U.S. only is a bit off a cop-out IMO.
4. Who mentioned Britain? This is in Calais France, on the French end of the Chunnel. They are trying to illegally get to Britain by threatening and trying to stow away on business vehicles traveling to/from France/Britain.
5. Then perhaps one of the countries that more closely meet their own culture or religious beliefs would be a better choice for them? They would likely integrate into that society better, unless they are running from that type of regime in the first place?
6. Going on for years, and is obviously continually escalating, so, what is your point again?
7. Globalization has many facets. Economic trade is merely one of them. Global integration of society into a one-world culture is another. That aspect is what I am referring to here. Forcing it to happen will not work.
8. Just

edit on 9/5/2016 by Krakatoa because: Added numbers for clarity

edit on 9/5/2016 by Krakatoa because: fixed typos

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

If I offered you a big bowl of M&M's with up to !% known to contain a deadly poison...would you want them.... would you leave the candy out for others without a lab check to find and identify the ones with the poison ? There is no lab check for the radicals who have entered various countries in Europe ... If Not radical today then wait ... It is coming.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
These big ass refugee waves, just part of TPTB plans.

Move along, nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
wow that video.. Can you imagine dealing with that every trip through!??!! I'd have to quit trucking --geez

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A machine gun mounted to the hood of each truck would take care of things. Their screwed over there. Like zombies hoards, Jesus lol

edit on 5-9-2016 by tayton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
A machine gun mounted to the hood of each truck would take care of things. Their screwed over there. Like zombies hoards, Jesus lol

ha!
Yes.. yes it would. Maybe we should do a Go fund me and send them a few of these:

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Sweet Starcrossd! Crazy over there!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

Sweet Starcrossd! Crazy over there!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't know about anyone else, but personally I'd prefer to not be on the bad side of the truckers and the heck with the migrants.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Time to put cow catchers on the front of them so they can plow right on through stuff laid on the road.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Breaker . . breaker . . 1 . . 9, this here's the Rubber Duck, I think we got ourselves a convoy!

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Seems about right, if the politicians can't solve the mess they create, then the people join up and do it themselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
They are not interested in staying in France, and certainly not in earning such a stay.
This is Calais- they are there because they are trying to get into Great Britain.

Who should be paying for all this transport of these thousands back to their many different countries of origin?

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Who should be paying for all this transport of these thousands back to their many different countries of origin?

I'm afraid the French are going to have to pay. Whether the final destination for these people is France or not, they made it into your country and now they're your problem. Maybe the UN might help???

Same thing happens here in the states with Mexican/South American immigrants. Here's a statistic for you

Illegal immigration costs U.S. taxpayers about $113 billion a year at the federal, state and local level.

Maybe if we didn't have that expense we could have better health care for American citizens but I doubt it. Welcome to our world, better start budgeting for it cause it ain't going away. It's either that or build a giant wall.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join