It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Legal System, I love when text book racist calls others racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Brock Turner = white privilege
People of colored vs white judge = White judge racism,
Trump vs Mexican judge = Trump Racist

If you really believe that race plays a roll in judge's fairness. WHY oh WHY wouldn't race play a role with Trump and a Mexican judge? Because, if it was a Mexican with white judge, SJW would be screaming about racism before the trail even started.

so

Basically, if you are saying that only white judges are racist, you do realize, that you are a prejudging judges by skin color. Which would be the textbook definition of a ....racist

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Unsure on the events you are referring to. But...

Racism is Racism. When people start moving the goal posts by adding caveats upon caveats to the definition, then it's something else. 5001 different definitions cannot produce a cogent discussion.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

Brock Turner was a Stanford swimmer who was caught in flagrante delicto with an unconscious (and thus obviously unconsenting) girl at a party. He was basically given a slap on the wrist by the judge who "didn't want to ruin his life." This has been called an obvious case of racial bias, but what I think it is a better demonstration of is a case of how alumni can favor high performing athletes as the judge was also a Stanford alum. You can look up the recent disgrace that is Baylor's football program to see their own high performing athletes being treated in similar fashion and note that the skin color of those athletes is nothing like Brock's.

That might clear up the first case for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For the people who think Trump was wrong to not want that judge then what about this. Should a gay person be awarded a judge that is a known homophobe, Christian fundamentalist or muslim ? Should a black person want a white judge that is a known racist ? or vice versa, wait I forgot that's racist.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: beeeyotch
For the people who think Trump was wrong to not want that judge then what about this. Should a gay person be awarded a judge that is a known homophobe, Christian fundamentalist or muslim ? Should a black person want a white judge that is a known racist ? or vice versa, wait I forgot that's racist.

I don't know.

Should a gay judge have judged the case about gay marriage? What about two SCOTUS justices who had officiated at gay ceremonies prior to making their ruling? Could they have been impartial?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Sounds like a case of sportsism.

Just like high school, football players didn't have the same set of rules.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Sounds like a case of sportsism.

Just like high school, football players didn't have the same set of rules.

I would say that like everything, it very much depends on where you are. Some places are better/worse about it than others.

Having been an athlete, yes there are perks, but some of them are understandable given the things you are expected to do and the realities of your schedule.

Others ... like what went on at Baylor, or Standford, or Penn State are inexcusable. And there are also instances where being an athlete can make you a target for overzealous prosecutors like what happened to the LaCrosse team at Duke.
edit on 5-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well by the new definition in today's PC era . . . only white people can be racist.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Thanks on the first part. However, I still think I stick with my assertion and avoid non-sequiturs on the OP. (Yes I agree universities favor/look out for/cover up for their star athletes)

Racism's definition is pretty straight forward. Some claim racism requires actual racist behavior and being in a position of power or in the majority. Nonsense. As it was explained on ATS not too long ago (sorry, do not remember the thread). A Japanese man is racist against Chinese people while he is in Japan. If he moves to China and still feels the same way but is no longer in the majority, he can longer be racist?

top topics

join