It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men. Are you faithful?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Everyone's baggage...yup. Normal is hard to find.

Sure everyone's been around the block once or twice, but all the unresolved angst is ridiculous.
At least you're putting yourself out there & trying (coffee)

Went to a concert with my kids (adults) last night, altho it was more of a festival with families, dogs, kids running around with lighted frisbees, others playing soccer...lighted hula hoops. Had a few nice conversations, people watched.
I expect nothing anymore and just have fun.

It's a little weird going thru life polite and calm.
Decided awhile ago, like the DMV, "the crazy" needs to stand behind the line! Yup...just back that stuff up and keep it to yourself! This is where the curmudgeonly comes in, life's too short to be miserable, unhappy, snarky.
There's a lot of good out there and it makes me happy to see it.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Eatings not cheating ☺

Just kidding. Never cheated 100% faithful. Im an adult.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Never cheated but I'd be lying if I said I'd never been tempted.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Never cheated on any GF's I've had,, although i've been tempted before when out clubbing with my mates,, other than that i'm a one woman man.

Been cheated on before and wasn't nice after a six month relationship,,, that's why i wouldn't cheat on anyone i'm going out with.

Free and single now so bring on the ladies :-)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
What does it take for a man or woman to resist the lust of an affair.

Affairs are one thing, additional partnerships are another. I would be upset if one of my partners had a "lusty affair" with somebody else but I totally don't mind if they start new relationships. I've found that when they are happy, they are better to be around. I haven't found a good reason yet to change my feelings on this.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
not me, im single, I cant control myself, I could never be faithful.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I am now. It took 2 affairs for me to never want another ever again.

It happened when my wife and I hadnt seen eachother for months. The first was me playing house with a single mother who really I just wanted to see through a bad situation.

We never had sex and only kissed a handful of times... pecks out of sentiment. I left well enough alone with her once she was in a better place.

The second was only sex. 3 drunken nights for her, 3 "what the hell" moments for me.

I ended that quickly. I didnt like where it was going.

Then I just dealt with being VERY horny and lonely. If it was one or the other I could have stayed true...I think.

I will never cheat on my wife again. I will live with this for the rest of my life.

I have a very active libedo. I have learned to deal with excess energy in this part of my life. I work out and punch things.

The loneliness comes when I am far from my family. I plan on keeping that to a minimum. More working out and punching things harder for me I guess....when the time comes.

The temptation is always there. I just avoid eye contact with women who are ovulating and stay clear of them. I get a very powerful attraction to pheromones....its insane.

Its hard for some men. Our biology is not designed for a single partner...and our minds arent conditioned for such in todays age.

If you have never cheated, hold tight to that.

I never cheated before I did. Once I did, it took all of me to reprogram myself to a new standard that I thought I had internalized already.

women...Be easy on guys that have moments of weakness, IF they make a real effort to cut it out.

Its difficult to overcome your body and mind.

Kudos to those who never cheated. I tip my hat to you. (if you are over 30).

edit on 9 5 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Caver78

I'm at the same limit myself. With women of course. It seems "normal" is not so normal these days. I've been divorced for about 18 months now and haven't got past the "coffee and conversation" stage of dating. Every one I talk to has some baggage they just can't help dragging out or they seem to be taking whatever they're mad at, out on the men they meet.
Swear to God, a woman I was meeting for coffee, came in, sat down across from me and said " Well, every other man I meet is one, so lets see what kind of assh**e you are".
I smiled and said, "One that doesn't put up with sh** from you" and walked out. If she had even tried to make a joke of it, I would have laughed and moved on, but she said it in a very disdainful voice and a sneer. I won't waste a minute of my time with someone like that and there are far too many of them.

She could have been the one !!...Perhaps she has had such a bad run she felt like opening with some reverse psychology, which of course backfired....

I wish you luck in your search it is hard to find the right partner....

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I've never cheated but I've been tempted in the past. I have a very strong conscience and wouldn't be able to handle the guilt. I don't want to hurt anyone.

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I've cheated but too complicated. Things like going to a movie with one and couple days later other one says let's go see it and you say we just saw it the other day, doh! Or the obvious getting names mixed up. Crazy stuff, regret a lot of it BUT I've dealt with crooks from all walks of life and I tell ya some of the worst sneaking thieving liars are women. lol, with their doe eyes and smooth skin, ahhh don't get me started lol

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've been truly happily married for 28 years. I hope for 28 more. I've never cheated. She's never cheated. how do you know??? I know.

How do you do it?? It's pretty simple. I'm a very very lucky man; I've been fulfilled in every way and I think so has my Darlin'.

Do I look at shapely women? Sure. I'm loyal, not dead. I don't gawk or oogle. She does the same; she's not dead either. Not certain if she looks at shapely men more than women, because that info belongs to her.

Bottom line, I would NEVER EVER risk what we have on a fling, a momentary gratification. This is the love o' my life that I'm currently growing old with. Nothing ever more precious than she.

Go ahead and groan, I can take it.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
My, my, only honest people are here... so why you have EX gf and EX wifes then.. They cheated? Or,maybe, miscomminication, lack of passion, different interests?

posted on Oct, 11 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

When I am in a relationship, I do not even notice other women exist, in terms of sexuality. They become dudes with different equipment in their undercarriage, and thats all. But that is because I never get into relationships unless I am already in love, never even express an interest unless I am sure, right to my bones that I HAVE to, because otherwise the sky will fall and the earth will break asunder and all will be in ruin.

I have, however, been cheated on, sometimes repeatedly.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Faithful to my GF's (yes)
GF faithful to me? (no)

Dated a girl for almost 6 years, she cheated with a co-worker. We worked opposite schedules and he worshiped the ground she walked on (that was her explanation at least)

Ex wife was always in the bathroom for long periods of time, and I always suspected something. She sent me a message by accident once that said "I can't stop thinking about you" and I just happened to be in the next room. When I was away for the military She would send me letters and I noticed that the postal stamp was not from the town we lived in. Came home one day and she moved out, moved into a co workers house (whom she was currently sleeping with) and then took off to Fl.

Come to find out that she was/is involved in Swinging and was during our marriage, unbeknownst to me. She would tell people that I was 'cool' with it but not to ask me about it or else I would fly into a violent rage because I was gone for the military...make any sense? I think not.

So we got divorced, and she explained to me that I was in her words 'too good looking' and that I made her self esteem lower because I was in shape and she always saw women looking at me. Who the hell cares? Look all you want.

I have trust issues needless to say. Between my failed marriage and my current GF I dated, had Friends with benefits...

I do not consider myself damaged or anything like that, I am happy with my GF. I will say that after some time I begin thinking about sex with other women and that I crave my space more than I get it. Will I cheat? No way.

I know more women than men that are unfaithful in their relationships OR just do not care about other people's relationships. I guess it all comes down to how happy you are and can be.

posted on Nov, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Cheating doesn't even register with me. I'm as faithful to who I'm with as I would be to my Commanding Officer in the Military. Dedicated to one cause only. I have not time or respect for people that do that sh-t, been done to me, doesn't feel good.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Always and Forever!

Scumbags are the reason this planet is in dire straights.

Not Cool.

posted on Nov, 26 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am very easily attracted to people as someone hopelessly addicted to love and affection, but I would rather die than actually cheat. That part of me does make me feel quite guilty, though. In terms of it happening to me, I believe I may have been cheated on during a toxic mid-highschool relationship, but I am not sure and am mostly past caring.
edit on 26/11/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

100% agree with you
faithfulness is the key to a long lasting relationship

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Love, yes. A man can love one woman, just like a man has a special connection with his mother. But, remember faithfulness and love are not exactly the same thing. Animal and basic insticts are always driving the man to explore the other option.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
I am very easily attracted to people as someone hopelessly addicted to love and affection, but I would rather die than actually cheat. That part of me does make me feel quite guilty, though. In terms of it happening to me, I believe I may have been cheated on during a toxic mid-highschool relationship, but I am not sure and am mostly past caring.

what a great personality Eilas!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join