It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Thought Use Higher Dimensions to Function?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

There seem to be patterns that exist, basically dimensional properties.

Yes. They work quite well in our universe. Any particular reason they would apply outside of it?
In fact, if they do apply, that would mean that there wasn't an "outside", just more of this universe.
edit on 9/5/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Think of playing a video game or drawing a 3-d image on a sheet of piece of paper it's all the same

The screen is two dimensional as is everything in it no matter how 3-dimensional you might perceive it to be. All intricacy resides as one

The paper is flat as is everything drawn on it no matter how good that artist might be.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Sorry if I appear to be hogging your thread but I find the subject deeply fascinating
And also an oppurtunity to say some of my beliefs for which there is no proof only my own mental verification which is open to question

Thought governs the Universe ... without thought be it ideas imagination or science
All we do requires thought ... there is no way round this

Humans have vast potential which at present is limited by the understanding of the power of the mind itself

There are differnt quality's of thought from base emotions to what we term as inspiration
Each has that potential within them

Inspiration got us to the Moon and beyond
Allows us to scan other worlds without physically travelling there

Base emotion has been the cause of War and poverty

We are beings able to make free choices yet we are limited by the thoughts we receive
It is a fallacy that the Brain makes thought it is merely a processor of thought

But to be short ... I believe that thought is made and sent from a dimension or realm that we have yet to realise

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Could you elaborate on you're theory in regards to a 0 dimensional dot.

Also on 3rd and/or 4th dimensional space.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

Yes, definitely different.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

There seem to be patterns that exist, basically dimensional properties.

Yes. They work quite well in our universe. Any particular reason they would apply outside of it?
In fact, if they do apply, that would mean that there wasn't an "outside", just more of this universe.

Yes, I'll agree to that. But we would have to think of our universe in higher-dimensional ways. But still, there is the "universe" where the Nazis won World War II and it could be actually existing somewhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So what do you believe lays between Universes in your opinion

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

Could you elaborate on you're theory in regards to a 0 dimensional dot.

Also on 3rd and/or 4th dimensional space.

Here is 3-dimensional space. There are 3 coordinates, x,y,z. In 4-dimensional space, there would be 4 coordinates, x,y,z,t.

Here is an example of a 4th-dimensional object. Anyway, imagine that this moment in time right now is a 3rd-dimensional space and that there is another moment in time 50 years ago that is a 3rd-dimensional space. The distance between them in years is 50 years.

Third-dimensional space is everything around us, just stopped. We could represent that as a dot. If we do, a line represents a timeline. You might have seen one of those in history class. So there we go, that would be an example of taking a 3rd-dimensional space and transposing it to a zero-dimensional dot.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I am very interested in this subject and your question is one that I find interesting as well. I might have to do some research on that in order to come to a conclusion.

Right now, I would say nothing but maybe pieces of a universe that broke off maybe even 3rd-dimensional particles. Some theorists suspect that black holes lead to other universes, and if that were the case, there would have to be tunnels between universes through which we could (lol) travel.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

But still, there is the "universe" where the Nazis won World War II and it could be actually existing somewhere.

Could be, but so what? Is that where your thoughts come from?

But what does "somewhere" mean? Outside of our universe, that is. You can't seem to get beyond the idea that spacial and temporal dimensions are properties of our universe. That's it. Instead of more dimensions "out there", why not fewer?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

It is a fallacy that the Brain makes thought it is merely a processor of thought

But to be short ... I believe that thought is made and sent from a dimension or realm that we have yet to realise

Yes, I believe these are both true statements. That is the core of what I am saying here.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Scientists tend to agree that dimensional properties exist between universes. Although some think that properties like the gravitational constant could be different.

Yes, that somewhere would be outside this universe. But it would be just as real as this universe to someone living there. And if it exists, we could possibly travel there with the right technology.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Scientists tend to agree that dimensional properties exist between universes.

They do? Can you provide some documentation?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It is interesting to consider
That if our own Universe is expanding and space is a product of the process
What is it expanding into

My own belief is that it is solidity in a sense
Substance yet to be worked upon
A form of choas or unrefined substances

I believe the nature of the Universe is the refinement of substance
As is our own personal purpose withinn it

By refinement of substace we survive in a good way
The refinement of thought or rather our use of it is key

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
nevertheless I'm really interested in your topic.

That's not a 4dimensional object

Width - A dot has an opposite side no? space is in between because it's a must for there to be two opposite sides.

Length and Height - A dot must also have both of these properties to be visible or even be considered a dot for that matter.

So I really don't understand your concept of a 0 dimensional dot.

I do have a question for you. In your honest opinion, Are objects in video games 3 dimensional or two dimensional?
edit on 5-9-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

A mathematical point has no length or width according to the theory of mathematics. However, two points can be joined together by a line. On a television screen, which is 2-dimensional, the illusion of 3 dimensions (even 4, with moving video) is made on a 2-dimensional surface. I don't know what to compare that to.
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 23:25:08 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

A line is determined by two points. But a line is of infinite length so doesn't fit well with your paradigm.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You are right, it must be a line segment then. But actually, two points together are needed to form an infinite line, as well. Any line must pass between at least two points.
edit on 05pmMon, 05 Sep 2016 23:26:55 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What happens if one endpoint is outside this Universe? Would that endpoint exist? How would the segment be measured?

(This sort of relates to my previous request for documentation.)

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I'm talking about in reality, logically speaking a dot has both properties and dimensions or it simply couldn't exist.

And in regards to the illusion of 3 dimensions, you would compare it to reality which of where it was derived.
edit on 6-9-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join