It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1977 Vrillion Message

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

They would anyway, that being the correct way to speak English.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

dandy if it's American?

You mean English.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think it's odd how they used the term "Age of Aquarius." It really means nothing to anyone who isn't on Earth, right? It's defined by the sun's position at the time of the March, or vernal, equinox. The Age of Aquarius begins when the March equinox point moves out of the constellation Pisces and into the constellation Aquarius. That wouldn't mean anything to some aliens with a different perspective outside the Earth.

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Morg234

No, it was in English. I meant American like I said

It was in regards to the accent

posted on Oct, 18 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Wouldn't it make the most logical sense for an alien race to use the language of the most populous nation on Earth?

No, because English, not Chinese, is the most widely spoken language on Earth, by far. English is the closest thing we have to a global language, with over 2 billion speakers. Mandarin isn't even close, with only about 1 billion speakers. The misconception comes from the fact that Mandarin has nearly twice as many native speakers as English does (~848 million vs. ~430 million), but that's irrelevant. Additionally, Mandarin is spoken by relatively few people outside of China, while English has almost 5 times more non-native speakers than native speakers, making it a far more global language not just in the total number of speakers, but in geographical distribution as well.
edit on 10/18/2016 by MaximRecoil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join