It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1977 Vrillion Message

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa
I see you have not been here long but, people on this site are smarter than that. The "Ashtar Galactic Command" and "Galactic Federation of Light" and "Light Being Alliance" are all New Age movement nonsense trying to promote a one world government.

It would not exactly require alien technology to overtake a radio signal in one country.

originally posted by: ssenerawa
And so if it was in Chinese or Spanish it would be suspicious too? But fine and dandy if it's American?

Wouldn't it make the most logical sense for an alien race to use the language of the most populous nation on Earth? English is also the youngest language.

Also, the name obviously comes from this new age text:

edit on 4-9-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

I got a kick out of the reports in a Lahaina rag when I lived there in 74. Ongoing coverage of the battle raging over our heads. And Mt. Kukui was a UFO base! Awesome!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture
My thoughts exactly. Seems pretty stupid to go to all that trouble ( im not sure of overall scope, or what it would to take to pull this off back then). Then to use a full on Queen's English accent.

If they were smart they would have used a different language and even a computer voice to throw people off. Who knows, if they had made a few tweaks it may still today be a rerun on "Unsolved Mysteries" .

reply to: TomLawless

Nah, if they were truly smart they wouldn't have wasted time trying to convince people not to poison the planet, or to stop fighting and warring. The message was valid, but it fell on deaf ears. Even still look how many miss the basic message. A fitting Epitaph.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

there are no real links, all you will find is mention of two groups who the police suspected of doing it on different sites that talk about it.
one was a group of students that were never named by the police. the other is a group that went by the name cosmic cowboys.

there are a couple of things you need to think about when looking at this.
1st, why just parts if the UK and not the whole world.

2nd, Vrillion had a british accent why would a alien from somewhere in the universe sound british.

3rd, he says " as the planet passes into the New Age of Aquarius" that is for lack of a better way to say it is a earth term. the chances of aliens knowing that many humans believe in astrology and knowing the signs of the zodiac is unlikely no matter what accent aliens believers think or say.

4th, why just audio signal, why didn't they use a frequency and produce a video signal? surely beings capable of traveling the vastness of space would have capability to broadcast on a frequency that could be picked up on receivers of that time.

5th, considering the above, and from what i understand it is much easier to broadcast a fm radio signal that could be transmitted over a tv transmitter.

and finally there is this,

"The Ashtar Command is the airborne division of the Great Brother/Sisterhood of Light, under the administrative direction of Commander Ashtar and the spiritual guidance of Lord Sananda, our Commander-in-Chief, know to Earth as Jesus the Christ. Composed of millions of starships and personnel from many civilizations, we are here to assist Earth and humanity through the current cycle of planetary cleansing and polar realignment. We serve like midwives in the birthing of humanity from dense-physical to physical-etheric bodies of light, capable of ascending into the fifth dimension along with the Earth."
Ashtar Command

nuff said.

ETA: did you notice this in the quote above, the fifth dimension . that was the name of the group that put out the song The Age of Aquarius in 69.
which was still pretty popular in 1977

edit on 5-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

and then there was this,

Broadcasts In 1971, a British radio talk show devoted to UFOs received a strange call-in claiming to originate from outer space, which some of the guests believed to be genuine.[37] This turned out to be the prelude for the 1977 Southern Television broadcast interruption, when a voice calling itself "Vrillon" of the Ashtar Galactic Command temporarily took over a television transmitter in southern England.[38]
Ashtar (extraterrestrial being)

edit on 5-9-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   

A police spokesman told AP and UPI that the message was taken seriously.

I imagine the incident was taken seriously. I very much doubt the message was.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Cheers for the insight.

Why do all aliens refer to our planet as "Earth". (Your planet Earth). As if they'd know. And what's a "planet" to them.

And Aquarius. What the? And the words Atomic!!!! I'm sure advanced races from "Outer Space!" would have their own terminology for such subjects.

Earth, Aquarius, planet and atomic, in words, would have no meaning or language specific terminology in alien terms. Let alone the rest of the message.

I'd be happy with, "Gluck spurtal cloge dakall haspencesuk blook." Perhaps meaning, "Youse are stuffed, simply destroy"

I'd nod me head to that.

Kind regards,

Bally.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Well if this case was legit, I dare say applying human logic to it would be folly.

Thinking about it though, when humans communicate with animals we tend to do so with arrogance. We always expect the animal to learn our lingo and we build from that.

Wouldn't a superior race demand we conversate on their terms ?

I know I wouldn't want to "dirty" my vocabulary with "woof woof" or "tweet tweet", then as you said the issue of terminology arises. A dog loves a smelly bum where as to most humans body odour can be mildly offensive.

If somehow language could be translated universally the emotional association with whatever would be translated would still be felt by the receiver. For instance a Vulture would be all giddy with words like rotting, carrion or dead, such understanding would bring more conflict than co-operation, I'd think anyways.

Would Gramaha go to Africa and throw mud, eat bugs and cuddle the great Apes? It's probably worth considering how the Astar would go about communicating with other species, but then again they don't seem that well thought out.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Here is an interesting article discussing who may be behind this hoax...

kernelmag.dailydot.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
Here is an interesting article discussing who may be behind this hoax...

kernelmag.dailydot.com...

Interesting....Makes sense that the Raelians may have been involved.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
just an silly atemmpt to make an alien cult

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I'm not saying I believe this. I ran across it yesterday and found it interesting, as far as I know it hasn't been proven to be a hoax

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Cheers for the insight.

Why do all aliens refer to our planet as "Earth". (Your planet Earth). As if they'd know. And what's a "planet" to them.

And Aquarius. What the? And the words Atomic!!!! I'm sure advanced races from "Outer Space!" would have their own terminology for such subjects.

Earth, Aquarius, planet and atomic, in words, would have no meaning or language specific terminology in alien terms. Let alone the rest of the message.

I mean of that we're the case not a single word would have meaning in regards to language and specific terminology.

I'd assume if we'd understand the first sentence, we should understand the rest of the message.

Bally.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
That's true of the authorities, they thought it was a hoax, but some of the more gullible listeners might have taken the message seriously so I wondered if the police spokesperson was talking about the gullible listeners.

By the way the difficulty of jamming the signal to pull this off has been greatly exaggerated by some sources. It wasn't nearly as hard to do as some sources claim. The hoaxers didn't need all that much power, as long as they put their transmitter relatively close to the receiver:

Southern Television broadcast interruption

even a relatively low-powered transmission very close to the receiver could overwhelm its reception of the intended signal, resulting in the unauthorised transmission being amplified and rebroadcast across a far wider area.

About the message, British accent notwithstanding it went off the rails for me at the new age of aquarius comments as I didn't expect aliens to talk like new age hippies regardless of what accent they had.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
That's true of the authorities, they thought it was a hoax, but some of the more gullible listeners might have taken the message seriously so I wondered if the police spokesperson was talking about the gullible listeners.

By the way the difficulty of jamming the signal to pull this off has been greatly exaggerated by some sources. It wasn't nearly as hard to do as some sources claim. The hoaxers didn't need all that much power, as long as they put their transmitter relatively close to the receiver:

Southern Television broadcast interruption

even a relatively low-powered transmission very close to the receiver could overwhelm its reception of the intended signal, resulting in the unauthorised transmission being amplified and rebroadcast across a far wider area.

About the message, British accent notwithstanding it went off the rails for me at the new age of aquarius comments as I didn't expect aliens to talk like new age hippies regardless of what accent they had.

That's simply not true and I've spoken direct to TV engineers about it. The "Message" went out to people as far West as Reading as Far South as Portsmouth and right down to Dover. In other words, it was not one signle transmitter and anyone who claims otherwise is saying so from wholly wrong and deliberate misinformation. I was there on the ground, saw the transmission worked on the follow up investigation. We were told to our faces that, TV engineers were warned outright not to talk to the press about it and under no circumstances talk on camera about the incident.

The source for the claim about it being a student prank is the very investigation I was involved with and the "Ranking Police Officer" who spoke to Rex Dutta "off the record".

The key incident which still mystifies TV engineers is this. The TV station that was cut into was monitoring it's own output not just in studio rather, from the transmitter itself and they did not see the transmission and remained totally unaware of it happening until the phones starting ringing demanding an explanation. That information came direct from from engineers working there that day who, quite obviously, wished to remain anonymous.

If it was as easy as is claimed then there is no doubt that, others would have done exactly the same and to the best of my knowledge, others have tried and failed.

I still think that, the best explanation is probably, it was done by the intelligence services as a test to see if a "foreign power" could disrupt the public/private broadcast system, hence the almost jokey tone of the whole broadcast. A friend of mine who worked for the BBC once told me that. "They would have chosen the ITV network because there were too many operatives from within the intelligence services working for the BBC and one of them would have almost certainly "blown the gaff" about it, had it happened to the BBC".

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I feel I should explain further for those who are unaware of how the ITV network operated back then and still does. ITV was a national network that was split into wholly independent regional franchises. I think there were two in Scotland one called Grampian, Tyne Tees covered the North east of England; Central, the midlands, Harlech, Wales; Granada the North west, Anglia, Norfolk and Suffolk, Southern, The home counties and South coast; Thames, The London conurbation and "South West, Bristol down to Cornwall.

These companies were totally independent of each other and had completely different programmes and timings aside from the most popular shows such as "Coronation Street". However, the National News Bulletins were just that, shown by all channels at the same time from the same studio in London, the ITN news as it was known. it was this National broadcast that was cut into however, only in the Southern TV area, though across the whole of the Southern TV network which was more than one transmitter.

However, for obvious reasons, the ITN National News as it was being transmitted was not only monitored from the source rather, each of the regional transmitters were monitored as well to make sure everything was in sync and working as they should across the whole country. Those engineers monitoring what was being transmitted on the Southern Network did not see or hear the interruption. Only the public at large saw it and as yet, no-one has been able to explain how that was done. How the "hoaxers", managed to block the signal from the ITV engineers and no-one else, who were monitoring the News as it was being broadcast.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

Interesting, I asked Nick Pope about this particular case when he did his AMA here. He was very short and brief about it being a hoax. Doesn't mean it has to be amateurs.

Cheers for sharing.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

The intelligence services explanation is a good one. While there's the argument that they might prefer to attempt this over a smaller, less populated area thus risking less commotion (Grampian has what, a population of 500,000, whereas South Thames London alone is over 2.5M?), or been brief with the hi-jacking transmission, it stands that they might want to conduct such a test over the different transmitters and that it would have to be long enough in duration to see if the engineers could come to the realisation that it was happening and overcome the issue.

It would be interesting to see if there were policy decisions and safeguarding changes behind-the-scenes in regard to this, and if MI5/int. services put forward any such recommendations (if they were or were not responsible). Of course, this information would be guarded.

That just leaves the subject matter itself. Was the state of UFOlogy/New Age elements in Britain in the mid- to late- 1970s' such that it was a joke and would be knowingly dismissed out of hand? Would the intelligence services also broach something as potentially self-deprecating as this (quoted by more than one source):

"For many years your scientists, governments and generals have not heeded our warnings; they have continued to experiment with the evil forces of what you call nuclear energy. Atomic bombs can destroy the earth and the beings of your sister worlds, in a moment. The wastes from atomic power systems will poison your planet for many thousands of your years to come. We, who have followed the path of evolution for far longer than you, have long since realised this -- that atomic energy is always directed against life. It has no peaceful application. Its use, and research into its use, must be ceased at once, or you all risk destruction. All weapons of evil must be removed."

While you may risk panicking people due to this kind of subject matter, I think in any event, any interruption would set some back on their feet, and there would always be calls going into the station.

One thing I wanted to ask though FireMoon, why are there such differing accounts pertaining to this incident? One source quotes it lasted three minutes and forty seven seconds, others say five and one-half minutes. Some say the name mentioned is Vrillon, others Gramaha/Gramha . . . is this down to misinformation, misreporting, the quality of the sound itself (or is it even exceptionally possible different areas were broadcasting slightly different transmissions—that would be quite something!)?

edit on FriAmerica/ChicagofFri, 09 Sep 2016 08:33:44 -0500am809America/Chicago930 by Defragmentor because: extra clarification

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The only thing this would accomplish in my neck of the woods.
It would get my nieghbors ass beat for firing up his ham radio
mid prime time.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Just get out that box you're in. They're among us for many centuries, many of the terms we use they taught us.

We are them in a different physical form to manifestate, it's not like we are all different especies.

We are all one.

Don't believe it, just read it and then when they let us know that, you'll remember that you knew it already. Peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Geez.. really? How about the video itself?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join