It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother Teresa declared a saint before huge crowds in the Vatican

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!" - Mother Teresa

One of my heroes was just Canonized today. Whatever you feel for the Catholic Church, this woman was one of the greatest people to walk the planet, and was often criticized for the good she did (sometimes by both the church and the media).

CNN Story with video

With all the good she did in this world, I can think of nobody better or more deserving to become a Saint or immortalized!

Quotes

Canonization

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
She was not a Saint.

If you did any digging you'd find she was an abhorrent woman who publically condemned a 14 yr old rape victim for getting an abortion.

Screw her.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hell's Angel: Mother Teresa by Christopher Hitchens

Criticism of Mother Teresa

Mother Teresa was no Saint

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I was declared a saint the moment I believed on Christ for salvation.

Ephesians 4:11, 12 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

edit on 4-9-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
For me mother Teresa was a great saint in her lifetime. The church declares saints only after they die. Mother Theresa did what no one wanted to move with a finger - to help those outcast, the poorest among the poor, in India and later all over the world, NY included.

Could that example be followed by more people? The sad truth of our world society is, no it couldn't. Still her nuns several thousands of them around the world make no little effort to continue her work.

Let also not forget that Mother Teresa is born Albanian from today's Macedonia (then Ottoman empire), a religious juncture in the old continent. en.wikipedia.org...

I watched the canonization. Frankly, I expected the pope to talk more on contemporary issues and not so much on the Gospel interpretations that we know quite well. It was a good homily, but it was lacking the idea we are living today, with our bitter problems today that even forgotten for the duration of 2+ h mass they continue to exist afterwards. The pope could speak of migrants representing "Christ" and that would be even worse for those "virtual migrants" living in their own countries in the old Europe who feel outcast from the modern society. So may be that's why he chose this time not to speak politics, not to darken the feast of St Teresa with his own ambiguous views about migration overflooding of Europe.

As Mother Teresa said, the best day is today (for doing something good). Today is 1st of Elul according to the Jewish calendar, the month of redemption, that ends with the Jewish New Year on October 2 Rosh Hashanah.
edit on 4-9-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Forcing sex on a human

Or

Forcing death on a human

Mother, no saint, Teresa sided with life

Maybe you should look up the kid, and see what that human is doing with its life. The life you are saying should have ended

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I thought canonizing was only for fictional universes?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Lol, and the Vatican is attributing some 'miracles' to her Hahaha!

...I almost pissed laughing earlier when I read it in the news!
edit on 4.9.2016 by grainofsand because: Spelling 'miracles' lol

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Hell's Angel: Mother Teresa by Christopher Hitchens

Good video, always loved Hitchens.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Penn & Teller expose', containing some of the Hitchens interview.

I guess the "miracle" she performed was not getting caught sexually exploiting children?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
She was not a Saint.

If you did any digging you'd find she was an abhorrent woman who publically condemned a 14 yr old rape victim for getting an abortion.

Screw her.

The unborn child was an innocent victim as well, when the hell will people ever get over this self righteous attitude.

The Rapist should have been strung up but the child was not guilty of anything and was in fact half it's mother so that half suffered twice.

Let me ask you something, you find out that the spirit is REAL and then you are faced with all those children aborted because they were unwanted, inflicted upon an unwilling child like this poor girl or simply inconvenient.
Were is your moral stand point in the face of such a reality if you find that this physical world is only a short term part of the entirety.

And guess what most of us if we go back through our ancestry to long before record's are probably the result of this kind of cruel action, a female ancestor of every one of us alive was probably raped and the had to bring that child up, but guess what she loved it so we exist today, I can not prove that but I very much doubt that it is wrong, what about all the saxon blood's, all the forced tribal wives kidnapped in raid's between tribe's and so many other ancient human pass time's.

What the Rapist did was wrong, it was not fair or kind on a 14 year old child to have to bare another child even if it had not been rape which it definitely was but did that child really not have the right to exist once it had been brought into existance of no fault of it's own, why did it have to be killed, what was it's crime.

edit on 4-9-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That's a morality question and little to do with what I said.

For what it's worth I think abortion is disgusting.
I just believe rape is worse.

So I have no qualms with rape victims getting an abortion.

I certainly wouldn't vilify a rape victim for getting one either.
Guess that means I'll never be a Saint according to the Vatican.

Ahh well, I'd rather not keep that sort of company anyways.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Disgusting! But utterly expected. Another psychopath gets canonized by this Pope, right after he canonized Junípero Serra.

Why Is the ‘Radical Pope’ About to Canonize a Priest Who Helped Enslave and Murder Native Americans?
edit on 4-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
She helped those less fortunate than her and subsequently rammed her version of Catholicism down their throats. I guess that's the price you pay for mercy.

Still, this Pope seemed very keen to announce her Sainthood.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i prefer this lady

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well, I apologize for being controversial when I was trying to help celebrate a caring woman.

This is not about a priest who 'enslaved the indians', nor is it about Spranger who would be abhored about Planned Parenthood today (she supported birth control not abortion), and it is not about YOUR current political views.

Mother Teresa's views were that abortion was murder and thus a sin, so yes she would criticize anyone for an abortion. Just as if you believe in abortion would criticize someone for speaking against it. Isn't America great? A place where we can all have different views.

No, this is about a little 100 lb woman who helped everyone around her the best way she knew how, and had more courage than any 10 men I have ever met.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

No, this is about a little 100 lb woman who helped everyone around her the best way she knew how, and had more courage than any 10 men I have ever met.

No, it's about woman who had billions of dollars available to her, but believed that suffering was Christlike, and so she made sure people who came to her missions for survival were given just enough food to always feel hungry, but not enough sustenance to thrive, just enough medicine to stay alive, but no pain relievers to make life bearable.

edit on 4-9-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Hmm, I am sorry again . . . I must have overlooked that tidbit somewhere about ANY missionaries having access to billions? of dollars. How bout you let me know when the catholic church starts allowing its lowly servants access to billions of dollars or even enough for their own personal vehicles?

Yeah, I can't stand the church but this lady actually did some good in the world.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hundreds of millions of dollars in donations came through her and into the coffers of the Vatican, so that, supposedly, the poor and sick could seek relief. She personally received 1.2 millions dollars for her Nobel Peace Prize. Instead, people seeking food and medical treatment were given just enough to be kept alive, purposely, so that the masses under her charge could suffer like Christ, for Christ.

SICK!

In the meanwhile, when the "Mother" herself fell ill, she was rushed off to the finest hospital, well fed and given the finest medical treatment money could buy, so that she could spend her dying days in comfort and free of pain.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing!" - Mother Teresa

One of my heroes was just Canonized today. Whatever you feel for the Catholic Church, this woman was one of the greatest people to walk the planet, and was often criticized for the good she did (sometimes by both the church and the media).

CNN Story with video

With all the good she did in this world, I can think of nobody better or more deserving to become a Saint or immortalized!

Quotes

Canonization

Mother Teresa is a disgusting, ugly, horrible human being who is the cause of many many peoples deaths. Many babies / children born with aids because of her propaganda. A Fraudster who took millions away from those dying and used it to spread her death cult. She had a fetish with dying people as well, she loved seeing people suffer and die. She forced people to live in inhumane and disgusting conditions.

She was one of the worst pieces of human garbage in recent history.

I noticed someone already posted Hitchens video below, watch that please. Dawkins went over there and others as well, some of the stuff she did was absolutely inhuman.

Have you ever seen a mother teresa toilet? It's a hole cut into a steel folding chair that sits beside your pillow so you can crap onto the floor beside where you sleep.

She was literally a human aids virus. When she opened her mouth people listening got aids. By this I mean she would go around and tell naive uneducated people that condoms caused aids and were the biggest threat to world peace etc. Those people then unknowingly caught and spread aids to others, their babies born with aids, all died.

Now this wretched skank is a saint, what a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join