It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aides, Officials Fight on Tarmac as Obama Arrives in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I had wondered how Obama's state visit to China would be received ? According to the article it was a rather bumpy beginning ! It all started with no airstairs for Obama to deplane from Air Force One and walk upon the nicely laid red carpet.

THEN

On the tarmac, a quarrel broke out between a presidential aide and a Chinese official who demanded the journalists traveling with Obama be prohibited from getting anywhere near him. It was a breach of the tradition observed whenever the American president arrives in a foreign place. When the White House official insisted the US would set the rules for its own leader, her Chinese counterpart shot back: "This is our country! This is our airport!"

Somethings must have improved though for I did read China and the USA have reached some sort of consensus on a climate agreement.
www.newser.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Treating MSM "reporters" like the scum they are...what a great country!!

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Actually there were 2 incidents involving the same Chinese official.

The first incident dealt with the media.

The s3econd incident involved the Chinese official trying to stop Susan Rice from proceeding through an area that was blocked off to media. The assumption is the Chinese official didn't realize who Susan Rice was (National Security Advisor). The encounter was awkward enough that a Secret Service agent had to step in.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Some video,

You will also see Trudeau's arrival wasn't without incident either.

It looks like they are going at it hammer and er, Tongs!

edit on 4-9-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I love the assertiveness of Chinese people.

Sure they overdo it and sometimes it's quite ridiculous.. I guess I just miss the hell out of China.

Olden times China..

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I think it's because the BRICS alliance is becoming more confident. They know it's only a matter of time before the western/central bank/fiat system collapses and that China will be in a much better position in the near future.

Kind of like when you know the person bullying you is severely injured.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
September 6, 2016

Obama's final trip (as President) to Asia has been marked with Bad Manners and Bad Luck.

Story: www.msn.com...

Presidents should be allowed to run for more than 2 terms. Some of these world leaders are now giving "lame duck" Obama the cold shoulder, or calling him unflattering names. (i.e. "Son of a Whore" -Called that by Philippine President De'turde)

new topics

top topics

join