It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Trump talk about rounding up all of the "ILLEGAL" Immigrants?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Can somebody please provide some specific quotes, especially with confirmational context, that demonstrates that Trump intends to round up "all" of the "ILLEGAL" Immigrants... as opposed to rounding up "all" of the "CRIMINAL" Immigrants?

Do note there's a big difference between illegal acts, and criminal acts. It is illegal to key someones car. It is criminal to sexually assault someone.

Do illegal immigrants face prison time for being here "undocumented", or are they (possibly) deported if captured?

People do "illegal" things all the time, without it making them into "criminals":
Restaurant kitchen not up to code = illegal ≠ criminal.
Jay walking = illegal ≠ criminal.
Littering = illegal ≠ criminal.
Run a stop sign = illegal ≠ criminal.
Male is serial rapist = criminal!
Drug dealing gang banger = criminal!
Drunk driver = criminal!
Bank robber = criminal!
Habitual violent offender = criminal!
Enter the nation "undocumented" to work for family = illegal ≠ criminal.
"Coyote" smuggling illegal immigrants across border for living = criminal.

edit on 4-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
When did he talk about it you are joking right? It's kind of hard to ship all the illegals back with out rounding them up first isn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
When did he talk about it you are joking right? It's kind of hard to ship all the illegals back with out rounding them up first isn't it?

You saying all immigrants are guilty of a crime?

That's pretty racist and bigoted of you.

No one I know would show support for would say such a thing.

Go hillary right?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
go to 1:25

edit on 4-9-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
^ But this shows the absolute inanity of their argument.

"Send illegal immigrants back"

"You hate Mexicans"

"No, But I don't want illegal immigrants here."

"How do you live with yourself. You want to send them all back."

"Tell me where I said that, where I said them all?"

"Hahahahaha look at him squirm..."

Just sad really.. go back to the big bang dude...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Some of the crap Trump comes away with he should be wearing a brown shirt. And if he somehow manages to get his way then America will experience her own "Night of the Long Knives".

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: gmoneystunt

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Since when has that meant honest citizen.

Really? You prove the OP's point with a stupid redundant video that says exactly what the OP was saying.

Is this you??

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thing is many would welcome that...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

Really? You prove the OP's point with a stupid redundant video that says exactly what the OP was saying.

Is this you??

the op asked "Can somebody please provide some specific quotes, especially with confirmational context, that demonstrates that Trump intends to round up "all" of the "ILLEGAL" Immigrants" and that is what i provided. I didn't say that meant honest citizens. Sorry, I despise Hillary. Wrong again
edit on 4-9-2016 by gmoneystunt because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

That's because we refuse to learn from our mistakes and have a penchant for repeating history.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You saying all immigrants are guilty of a crime?

No one I know would show support for would say such a thing.

Go hillary right?

Perhaps you need to work on your reading skills a little. I said illegals and they are guilty of a crime or didn't you know that?

I never said anything about race now did i? Care to show me where I did?

Go hillary right?

Sorry my little Trumpbot but no just because a person doesn't support every hair-brained idea the great orange messiah has doesn't automatically mean they are voting for Chairperson Mao in a pantsuit.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt
go to 1:25

Published on Nov 11, 2015

Interesting.

I didn't pay much of a lick of attention to the election ordeal last year. This year around spring I started scanning the headlines a bit, gradually more & more. I think the first speech of his / anyones was his nomination speech.

So the speeches I've played I've really only noted strong language in terms of deportations about "criminals". But I have seen people ranting about it the other way so have been a bit puzzled over whats what here. Then yesterday I saw this where the hispanic guy says rounding up the 60% of criminal Mexican gang bangers that are illegals immigrants is what Trump it talking about:

So now this morning I saw the Gary Johnson flipping out video, where he talks about the Deportation Force, so it got my wondering again:

Was there at some point this year a clear point when Trump changed the rhetoric / policy?
edit on 4-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I said illegals and they are guilty of a crime or didn't you know that?

Do illegal immigrants face prison time for being here "undocumented", or are they (possibly) deported if captured?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
NVM

Not gettin' in this any more. Waste of time.
edit on 4-9-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

They face detention. There are detention camps where illegal immigrants, including children, stay until they're deported.

America's shameful 'prison camps

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Was there at some point this year a clear point when Trump changed the rhetoric / policy?

The change in rhetoric from Mr. Trump resembled a pivot for the general election that would be expected from a more traditional candidate.

Pressed by Bloomberg Politics on whether he would pursue mass deportations, the real estate tycoon said he would not.

“No, I would not call it mass deportations,” Mr. Trump said. “We are going to get rid of a lot of bad dudes who are here. That I can tell you.”
www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

So what is the 'sentence' for 'illegal immigration' then? 6 months then get released into country of origin?

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Both

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Politifact has an article on it:

So what exactly has Trump said about mass deportations?

Earlier on in his campaign, Trump said he would round up "in a very humane way" the millions of undocumented immigrants in the country and send them back to their native countries.

In an interview that aired in September 2015 on CBS’ 60 Minutes, Scott Pelley pressed Trump about what he would do with the population.

Pelley: "Eleven, 12 million illegal immigrants --"

Trump: "Or whatever the number is."

Pelley: "Still in the country, what do you do?"

Trump: "If they've done well, they're going out and they're coming back in legally. Because you said it--"

Pelley: "You're rounding them all up?"

Trump: "We're rounding 'em up in a very humane way, in a very nice way. And they're going to be happy because they want to be legalized. And, by the way, I know it doesn't sound nice. But not everything is nice."

Trump has also discussed having a "deportation force" to remove undocumented immigrants from the country, though he’s also said he would let some come back legally.

Trump stuck to the deportation plan for all undocumented immigrants in some of the GOP primary debates.

During the CNN/Telemundo debate on Feb. 25, 2016, host Wolf Blitzer asked about his deportation force idea and whether his plan to let "good ones" back in amounted to amnesty.

Trump said "we either have a country, or we don’t have a country." "We have at least 11 million people in this country that came in illegally," he continued. "They will go out. They will come back -- some will come back, the best, through a process. They have to come back legally. They have to come back through a process, and it may not be a very quick process, but I think that's very fair, and very fine. They're going to get in line with other people."

In March, Fox host Megyn Kelly asked Trump whether he told the New York Times editorial board in an off-the-record interview that he was "flexible" on his deportation plan.

Trump said, "Not very flexible. No, not very flexible. ... But there's always give and take. ... But we need give and take in government. If you don't have give and take, you're never going to agree on anything."

It has been a repeated theme at rallies, etc.
He softened it a bit to start with "criminal"
Illegals, but technically ALL "illegal" immigrants are guilty of the crime of entering the country illegally, without documentation, or they are staying here after their temporary Visa runs out.

So technically, the "softening" on immigration hasn't really happened, and it you look closely at his Arizona speech, on the surface it appears he's only talking about illegals who commit crimes and gives the impression these are jailed individuals, gang members, etc. If you look closely however, he may be looking at criminals first, but is still leaving the "deport them all" door open.

So he appears to have softened from his earlier hard line, but the fact is he Did say he'd round up all the illegals and Did talk about a deportation force. His language may be softer now, but if elected, could revert back to his earlier stance.

Politifact

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join